Hoppa, DWZ & Reimis GONE???

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC won’t come to be a winger..
If we are any chance of him coming,he will want the 1 spot..
Katoa and Okunbor on the wing..
Gildart and Cotric in the centres..
Averillo and Flanagan in the 6 and 7
Okunber wont play half of next year

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't Hoppa been player of the year or close to, the last couple of seasons. I tend to think, he has been pretty good in a bog average team (halves of lewis, awful hookers etc). Imagine what he would be able to do in a backline moving forward with speed and halves putting them in space. I reckon he would carve up. Give him a year Barrett and then give him the flick if he isn't what you want.
I would put Hoppa above unproven Gildart.
Its the bog average team that makes him look good

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will Hopoate to Dylan walker swap u watch
I think Walkers biggest strength was his speed in reading the play on short kicks into the on goal. Getting him and potentially playing him outside Burton would give Matt a nice short option close to the line. Only issue is that he prefers right edge same as Cotric

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When was the last time Walker wasn't injured? Like I don't even remember seeing him play recently lol.
Agree, would only be risk worth taking if it wasn't a swap and manly were just paying freight to get rid of him

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take out AFB and that's a shit list.
He’d actually be doing us a favour if he took all his clients away from the club.
AFB wouldn’t come to us anyway so there’s no real harm in him leaving. Although it does show a lack of professionalism. If I’m a player I want my agent to find me the best deal for me, if that agent has feuds with clubs it narrows my opportunities and reduces my negotiating power.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett can see what we see - since his appointment he would have been reviewing videos of our performances and he would be using the Panthers as an aspirational benchmark.

So the question will be do the contracted players currently have (or potentially have) the ability to be part of a squad that can be a premiership contender, and where are the gaps.

Current ability is plain to see, what will be more interesting is where he identifies potential talent / development in the current squad, including U20's and the younger CCup players.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please be true

Hopoate is the only one I'd be keeping as he can play any position in the backline.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club has been missing an intimidating prop, a hooker, and some speed and strike in the centres.
Its not easy finding these guys, but Barrett has made a real fist of it to start with.
He seems like a breathe of fresh air to me.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club has been missing an intimidating prop, a hooker, and some speed and strike in the centres.
Its not easy finding these guys, but Barrett has made a real fist of it to start with.
He seems like a breathe of fresh air to me.
Barrett is no Pay thank God!!!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this move if it’s true has to happen our backs have been ordinary for a while