Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can not think of 1 good thing pay has done...
One thing is finishing higher on the ladder than expected - expected to finish wooden spooners last year.
Another thing is no one can question the teams effort. A team that's expected to finish second last (wooden spoon last year) shouldn't have that trait. A big reason for that is Pay hasn't lost the dressing room and the players play for him.

I'm just not sure how you can't see our roster is bottom four on paper, and possibly the worst in the NRL, and you expect a rebuild coach in Pay to pull off a miracle. Pay is also our coach and has been because no one else would risk their reputation coaching in these conditions.

I don't mind you criticising the coaches roster decisions but I don't think it's fair to shit on Pay for his overall performance as our coach. Facts say he's overachieved.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best aspect of Bellyache is establishing playing standards and systems and his ability to identify unfulfilled potential in players. You don't need big names...you just need talent, passion and the drive to work hard and achieve. He can spot talent and bring it to Belmore....without paying a song.
We still have the cap remember so cant buy established stars at the peak of their career, rather good young talent to set us up for many years.
We thought this of Hasler too but the desire for immediate results meant Des took his eyes off development.
So even with Bellamy we need patience.
I agree...if he is remotely interested...find a way to get it done.
I have always supported Pay and I wish him well. To snare Bellamy though is an opportunity we shouldn't pass up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well ... the Telegraph definitely is one of the most trusted newspapers out there so if they're reporting it, it has to be true imo
Umm. Ya'll remember this award winning journalism below. Don't put ya house on it...but wouldnt it be great if CB rumour true.

Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A seven-page thread so far and not one shred of pity for Pay. If that says anything I think it's unanimous: Dead Man Walking. Whether rumour or true, it has blown a rather large hole in what little justification was left for him to take a new squad beyond 2020. And his every waking minute will now be consumed with this development. Not to mention the impact it's going to have on the team for the rest of the season. It's as if the board has already placed an asterix over this season
To be fair even if we had a half decent coach most would drop him for a Bellamy

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just logged to TK...WOW !
Let's hope it happens, we all know it's The Telecrap reporting
Massive if it happens, we have the space for players in the cap if we sign him we will have the magnet !
For years I have been saying...What ever extra we may pay him we will save triple on players even more in the long term, in the beginning we need to buy young stars but must revert back to " BRED NOT BOUGHT system !!!
Interested in your opinion DinkumDog :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just logged to TK...WOW !
Let's hope it happens, we all know it's The Telecrap reporting
Massive if it happens, we have the space for players in the cap if we sign him we will have the magnet !
For years I have been saying...What ever extra we may pay him we will save triple on players even more in the long term, in the beginning we need to buy young stars but must revert back to " BRED NOT BOUGHT system !!!
Interested in your opinion DinkumDog :grinning:
Daily Telegraph

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fook you’re a pessimistic c***!
Haha if telling it like it is makes it so then yes...

However this isn't seeing the worst in things here (pessimism) so your wrong lol just telling it like it is from a particular angle. The worst outcome in this scenario isnt my original statement, it's Bellamy not coming lol.
If i said nah it's fucking bullshit it's from the terrocrap rah rah rah, that imo is more pessimistic, as thats aligning yourself with the worst case scenario for us given our current situation haha. So yeah I'm actually more positive than most in this thread but nice try.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Umm. Ya'll remember this award winning journalism below. Don't put ya house on it...but wouldnt it be great if CB rumour true.

Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita
You just gave us all soft off's!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn , woke up with my morning rise with an extra kick after reading that article

Please be true

Please become reality

All is forgiven board if Pay is not head coach beyond this year

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yes, exactly. Always great to dream, and I'm sure there's an element of truth behind this. However, at this stage being only from the Telecrap I file this under 'midnight wank material when things are getting really bad and I need something to take my mind of how bad the Dogs are doing atm'

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bring it, just the pulling power of a top grade coach alone is worth it, in the money you would save on not having to pay the overs for players that you would with Deano as the head coach...cost neutral overall I reckon!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It true it's another leak from within. The only reason I see it maybe having any substance is the 2 year deal gives Bellamy 2021-2022 here and 2023 with the new Brisbane team to come in 2023 or 2024. So maybe just maybe but get the Gaffa tape to plug that leak it may cost us bellyache.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
At games, I'd be watching the coaches box instead of the actual game lol.

Clubs new FOJ sponsor..... Windex?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the papers are playing with our emotions lol.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
remember coaching staff have their own salary cap now, so everyone saying just chuck more money at him need to realize that