How long will Foran last?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that type of contract 100%. On a massively reduced deal (on somewhere between 400-500k) I think he could be valuable. I don't think you can just put a line through him for any price whatever that price might be. If there is absolutely no one interested (there will be) we could re-sign him for close to minimum wage. I think it's beneficial to have one of the best five-eighths in the game when fit even if he plays 1/3 of the games (what if he ups that to 1/2 games or possibly more? would you like to see him do that at another club?) if the price is right and we're re-signing him on that basis (a massively reduced deal). To add to that there is almost next to no one available in the spine off contract for 2021. If Foran can finish off the year strong I think we could see him around for one to two more years.
Understand your reasoning,but I will be surprised if he sees out the year,without injury,and basic wage at most,if at all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it's logical to turn down Foran for 100k a season (I'm sure we could expand this up to 200-300k and almost everyone would agree on it). Which is basically what you're saying. For me it's 400-500k but to just rule out re-signing Foran for ANY price is silly imo. If another club is stupid enough to do what we did (offering what Foran would be worth if he played a whole season with overs on top) or he wants to go to the Super League for a pay day then so be it, he's gone.
He hasn't even come back from his latest injury yet and hasn't proven he can string more than three games together and you're already talking about handing him a new contract for up to half a million?

Sounds like a great idea.. Wait for three long and frustrating years for his inflated cap crippling contract to expire and then hand him another one that sets the club back even further!

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see Foran is meant to be right to start when we get back on the field, how long will he last before breaking down again?

I’ll give him 35 minutes, I think he’ll be pretty careful early on but will be targeted late in the half and go down with another season ending injury
Warm up

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He's paying 1.60 at the tab for a grade 3 hammy tear

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I'm sick of these threads. He's part of our squad and if he gets fit to play he's one of our strongest and most importantly creative parts of our squad. If he's fit for one game he deserves to be in the side for one game unless we have two halves playing out of their skin when he regains match fitness. A good portion of people on here complain we have a lack of players with the ability to spark point scoring opportunities with their skillset. Foran is one player who can, you play him when he's fit enough.

We've paid for his services. Might as well get the most bang for our buck possible. Doesn't mean I'd pay a lot to retain him when he's off contract. But it makes no sense to leave your best players on the sidelines on the off chance that they may cop injury.
Looks like you are at it again, we can't win this year or next so the best option is to give our young halves as much field time as possible, so they can develop a combination.
Good quality halves are not on the market so our club has to develop its own. Both Wakeham and Averilo are showing a lot of potential, I just hope you don't hate either of them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He hasn't even come back from his latest injury yet and hasn't proven he can string more than three games together and you're already talking about handing him a new contract for up to half a million?

Sounds like a great idea.. Wait for three long and frustrating years for his inflated cap crippling contract to expire and then hand him another one that sets the club back even further!
That's the max I'd pay. I'm sure the club know what they'd re-sign him for too (maybe it's lower!). There is just no logical reason to say we should not re-sign even if it's for 100k. That's my point, at a certain price (maybe it's 200-300k!) re-signing Foran can be valuable.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like you are at it again, we can't win this year or next so the best option is to give our young halves as much field time as possible, so they can develop a combination.
Good quality halves are not on the market so our club has to develop its own. Both Wakeham and Averilo are showing a lot of potential, I just hope you don't hate either of them.
I'm getting an inkling that you have an axe to grind with me anywhere I post now since I expressed an opinion you don't agree with in the Pell thread. Am I right in this assumption?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is it null and void? Most of the rest of the team had a full preseason to train and played trials. Foran hasn't had an preseason, didn't play trials or the first two weeks and is recovering from his millionth surgery unlike our other more able bodied players.

Of course the other players wouldn't have played in a while either, but they get the benefit of the doubt more than the most injury prone player in the comp.
For an train's his body while injured, so strength wise he should be good to go. The rest of the team played two games, and parts of two trials. Foran is likely running again at this point, and since the rest of the team have also been in quarantine, their match fitness is no longer and edge. Pretty even playing field IMO.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting an inkling that you have an axe to grind with me anywhere I post now since I expressed an opinion you don't agree with in the Pell thread. Am I right in this assumption?
I try to live a Christian life as best I can, which means searching for, understanding and living the truth, you can't deny that you have expressed a blind hatred for Catholicism, by exaggerating the bad thing done by some so-called Catholics, while obviously denying the many great things done by other genuine Catholics.
To give you an example of hatred against Catholicism, A certain gentleman a freemason in trying to turn me off my faith, told me that Hitler was a Catholic, hence the Catholic Church was responsible for the extermination of all those Jews.
Hitler obviously dropped out of the faith and in fact became very anti Catholic, to an extent that the SS and Gestapo killed between 1/4 to 1/3 of the Catholic Priests in Poland mainly for harbouring Jews.
Why some are able to live a life of debauchery and other evil vices while pretending to be Catholics/Christians is beyond me. Perhaps it may be because of their fear of this "so called" terrible place HELL, while at the same time they failed to accept the fact that a true Christian is one who lives for the love of God and all mankind.
You should try to become a true Christian, I would very much like to help you in that regard, because harbouring hate will only make you sick, you have expressed very strong deep seated hatred.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So you basically blame the last 3 years solely on Foran only playing 50% of the games? No salary cap issues? Not due to a team comprised of younger players with little to no NRL experience? No stupid ass players thinking with their dicks instead of their brains? No players deserting us due to pussey whipping? Nope, it's all Foran's fault that he was injured and only payed 26 games for us in 2 seasons plus 2 games?

Go Dogs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apologies to people for going way off the topic of this thread.

I try to live a Christian life as best I can, which means searching for, understanding and living the truth, you can't deny that you have expressed a blind hatred for Catholicism, by exaggerating the bad thing done by some so-called Catholics, while obviously denying the many great things done by other genuine Catholics.
To give you an example of hatred against Catholicism, A certain gentleman a freemason in trying to turn me off my faith, told me that Hitler was a Catholic, hence the Catholic Church was responsible for the extermination of all those Jews.
Hitler obviously dropped out of the faith and in fact became very anti Catholic, to an extent that the SS and Gestapo killed between 1/4 to 1/3 of the Catholic Priests in Poland mainly for harbouring Jews.
Why some are able to live a life of debauchery and other evil vices while pretending to be Catholics/Christians is beyond me. Perhaps it may be because of their fear of this "so called" terrible place HELL, while at the same time they failed to accept the fact that a true Christian is one who lives for the love of God and all mankind.
You should try to become a true Christian, I would very much like to help you in that regard, because harbouring hate will only make you sick, you have expressed very strong deep seated hatred.
I'm not trying to turn you off your faith, nor do I think I've expressed a "blind hatred", to me it seems like a very rational one. But I think that until the parishioners make demands that the Catholic clergy come clean on all past crimes against children the religion has tarnished itself and will remain tarnished and they'll allow people who have committed a crime I despise to masquerade as holy people. This is the basis of my resenting the institution. I never denied that some Catholics have done good in the world. But at the same time I can't simply look beyond the fact that they've covered up a despicable crime and knowingly facilitated the continuation of it in countless cases. While they refuse to come clean I can't help but think they're tarnished.

It might surprise you to know that I don't consider myself an atheist. I am not traditionally religious by any means either. I envy people who can simply believe in the good of their church without question (not just Catholicism either). I attended Sunday school for a lot of my young life and try to live by a strong moral code based on the ideas of what is sinful. I've just found in my life that people who are strong in faith are sometimes blinded to the fact that they can hold some pretty despicable attitudes towards good people who are not living the way their chosen religion dictates that people should. Being religious doesn't necessarily make people good people, nor does being atheists make people bad people. Religion in many ways seems flawed to me.

My best friend tried to convince me to practice religion for years. At one point I got very frustrated with this and asked him if he thought I was not a good person who treats others well and lives by a good set of morals. He told me we wouldn't be friends if he didn't think so. I told him that I live this way because I think people should, not because I fear eternal damnation if I didn't. He accepted this and stopped trying to get me to practice traditional religion. At the end of the day I respect people that have strong morals regardless of whether they are religious or atheists. Part of the reason I find many religious people hard to bear is because they see some wonderful people as flawed because they don't practice religion.

I'm not going to continue discussing this with you. I simply don't think that people should be seeing the Pell decision as some gigantic victory for Catholicism.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you basically blame the last 3 years solely on Foran only playing 50% of the games? No salary cap issues? Not due to a team comprised of younger players with little to no NRL experience? No stupid ass players thinking with their dicks instead of their brains? No players deserting us due to pussey whipping? Nope, it's all Foran's fault that he was injured and only payed 26 games for us in 2 seasons plus 2 games?

Go Dogs
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Please twist my words around some more to tell me where and when I said such things?

I said his giant contract contributed to crippling our cap and why are we talking about re-signing him when he's still coming back from his latest injury and hasn't even played this season.

At no point in that post did I attack or blame Foran. I questioned why someone would say to offer him 500k after 3 years of frustration. I don't know where you got the rest from and that's just you making shit up as usual.

For once, please stop taking everything out of context and overreacting when there's no need to. Deadset, you could have an argument in an empty room. I won't bother responding to you any further as clearly you struggle to comprehend almost anything that doesn't suit your views.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apologies to people for going way off the topic of this thread.

I'm not trying to turn you off your faith, nor do I think I've expressed a "blind hatred", to me it seems like a very rational one. But I think that until the parishioners make demands that the Catholic clergy come clean on all past crimes against children the religion has tarnished itself and will remain tarnished and they'll allow people who have committed a crime I despise to masquerade as holy people. This is the basis of my resenting the institution. I never denied that some Catholics have done good in the world. But at the same time I can't simply look beyond the fact that they've covered up a despicable crime and knowingly facilitated the continuation of it in countless cases. While they refuse to come clean I can't help but think they're tarnished.

It might surprise you to know that I don't consider myself an atheist. I am not traditionally religious by any means either. I envy people who can simply believe in the good of their church without question (not just Catholicism either). I attended Sunday school for a lot of my young life and try to live by a strong moral code based on the ideas of what is sinful. I've just found in my life that people who are strong in faith are sometimes blinded to the fact that they can hold some pretty despicable attitudes towards good people who are not living the way their chosen religion dictates that people should. Being religious doesn't necessarily make people good people, nor does being atheists make people bad people. Religion in many ways seems flawed to me.

My best friend tried to convince me to practice religion for years. At one point I got very frustrated with this and asked him if he thought I was not a good person who treats others well and lives by a good set of morals. He told me we wouldn't be friends if he didn't think so. I told him that I live this way because I think people should, not because I fear eternal damnation if I didn't. He accepted this and stopped trying to get me to practice traditional religion. At the end of the day I respect people that have strong morals regardless of whether they are religious or atheists. Part of the reason I find many religious people hard to bear is because they see some wonderful people as flawed because they don't practice religion.

I'm not going to continue discussing this with you. I simply don't think that people should be seeing the Pell decision as some gigantic victory for Catholicism.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Please twist my words around some more to tell me where and when I said such things?
I said his giant contract contributed to crippling our cap and why are we talking about re-signing him when he's still coming back from his latest injury and hasn't even played this season.
At no point in that post did I attack or blame Foran. I questioned why someone would say to offer him 500k after 3 years of frustration. I don't know where you got the rest from and that's just you making shit up as usual.
For once, please stop taking everything out of context and overreacting when there's no need to. Deadset, you could have an argument in an empty room. I won't bother responding to you any further as clearly you struggle to comprehend almost anything that doesn't suit your views.
Perhaps go back and re read what you actually posted from the point of view of the readers. Let's talk about twisting words around, please show me where I said to offer him $500k a season? It's easy isn't it, the problem is this is a "forum" so although I may be in part responding to a post, my response is also intended for general reader consumption.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps go back and re read what you actually posted from the point of view of the readers. Let's talk about twisting words around, please show me where I said to offer him $500k a season? It's easy isn't it, the problem is this is a "forum" so although I may be in part responding to a post, my response is also intended for general reader consumption.

Go Dogs
I didn't say that you said it. Bradyk said it and I was replying to him before you came from nowhere and had a rant about who knows what.