How long will Foran last?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see Foran is meant to be right to start when we get back on the field, how long will he last before breaking down again?

I’ll give him 35 minutes, I think he’ll be pretty careful early on but will be targeted late in the half and go down with another season ending injury

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Get that people will come on here and slate the guy but I honestly hope he plays the rest of the year. Fingers crossed!
Na that will probably earn Pay and Lewis another contract extension :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na that will probably earn Pay and Lewis another contract extension :tearsofjoy:
If we have a stella year then who can argue for them getting an extension?

Are you telling me it's more important for you to see the team to underperform so Pay & Lewis to get punted rather than for us to succeed?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Foran is meant to be right to start when we get back on the field, how long will he last before breaking down again?

I’ll give him 35 minutes, I think he’ll be pretty careful early on but will be targeted late in the half and go down with another season ending injury
What odds would give for 2 games for the rest of the year. BTW I just hope that pay does not pick him no matter how fit he comes back, because he will only be a disruption for the team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest I'm sick of these threads. He's part of our squad and if he gets fit to play he's one of our strongest and most importantly creative parts of our squad. If he's fit for one game he deserves to be in the side for one game unless we have two halves playing out of their skin when he regains match fitness. A good portion of people on here complain we have a lack of players with the ability to spark point scoring opportunities with their skillset. Foran is one player who can, you play him when he's fit enough.

We've paid for his services. Might as well get the most bang for our buck possible. Doesn't mean I'd pay a lot to retain him when he's off contract. But it makes no sense to leave your best players on the sidelines on the off chance that they may cop injury.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What odds would give for 2 games for the rest of the year. BTW I just hope that pay does not pick him no matter how fit he comes back, because he will only be a disruption for the team.
How?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we have a stella year then who can argue for them getting an extension?

Are you telling me it's more important for you to see the team to underperform so Pay & Lewis to get punted rather than for us to succeed?
Yes, Foran carrying the squad to a few wins just papers over the cracks.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rest of the year hopefully, then his farewell at Belmore last game.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and Hope..... 2 words I read most when the topic of Foran comes up

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Each to their own I guess. Can't remember ever wishing my team to lose a game but as I said ... each to their own.
Agree. Lewis is on contract for 2021 anyway and in the absence of a clear alternative there’s a decent chance Pay will be extended at least 1 year. So it’s kind of a redundant argument...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Each to their own I guess. Can't remember ever wishing my team to lose a game but as I said ... each to their own.
I'm not wishing they lose though, I just don't consider us scrapping a few wins off the back off Foran the least bit successful. There's so many major issues at the club that have gone untouched and I don't trust the board, coach or staff to make theses changes unless their hands are forced. Everything that is wrong with what is going on needs to be exposed so there's no hiding.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should put someone with his injury history in reserves for a couple of weeks to get his fitness back.

Things like letting him play for NZ late last year or rushing him back from injury several times over the past two plus years have only worsened things for Foran and for the team.

Plenty of us want to be done with Foran and are over his injury issues and massive contract but Pay and the club's medical staff deserve blame for not being smarter in the way they handle him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He will get injured setting up a mint try or scoring one of his own... Once more amplifying the notion of 'what if'.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They should put someone with his injury history in reserves for a couple of weeks to get his fitness back.

Things like letting him play for NZ late last year or rushing him back from injury several times over the past two plus years have only worsened things for Foran and for the team.

Plenty of us want to be done with Foran and are over his injury issues and massive contract but Pay and the club's medical staff deserve blame for not being smarter in the way they handle him.
He was and always is extremely fit. His body is just breaking down and the injuries have been separate.
I can understand thinking of playing him in reserve grade but if he presents fit to medical staff he should play, look at the money he’s on

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was and always is extremely fit. His body is just breaking down and the injuries have been separate.
I can understand thinking of playing him in reserve grade but if he presents fit to medical staff he should play, look at the money he’s on
Yeah he'll be fit cardio wise, but to go straight into NRL games with no proper preseason (there'll be no contact at training with these restrictions) will just make him more vulnerable than ever.

You can't replicate game like intensity and contact so for me he'd need to prove he could withstand a few knocks in a real game before he steps up to First Grade.

I know they'll rush him straight back and understand why because of the money he's on and because of his resumè but I just can't see it ending well.