How long will Foran last?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't say that you said it. Bradyk said it and I was replying to him before you came from nowhere and had a rant about who knows what.
200k or 500k it doesn't matter. For whatever value, you've said you won't entertain it which imo is ludicrous. 500k is just the max I would be happy to offer, if it's lower even better.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
100% all season, come on let's jump on the bankwagon boys!! We started the season good in defence but not much idea on attack. Foran back on the paddock is only a good thing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't say that you said it. Bradyk said it and I was replying to him before you came from nowhere and had a rant about who knows what.
And I didn't say that you said it to me, either, that's why it's easy, you posted it and I replied. If you didn't want others to respond to your post then you should have sent him a PM. Rather than post it, with obvious errors of fact, on an open forum that was bound to generate a response.

Go Dogs

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Foran is meant to be right to start when we get back on the field, how long will he last before breaking down again?

I’ll give him 35 minutes, I think he’ll be pretty careful early on but will be targeted late in the half and go down with another season ending injury
He'll get through the first game back and the 2nd game it will be I just copped a bit of a knock but I'll be right for next weekend, 2 months later I'll be right for next season if I'm offered another contract.
Sorry but he is an injury waiting to happen and I hope I'm wrong!!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Lewis is on contract for 2021 anyway and in the absence of a clear alternative there’s a decent chance Pay will be extended at least 1 year. So it’s kind of a redundant argument...
If Pay is given another year, with the amount of money this club will have to buy some top name players and we can't finish in the top 4 then Pay should be shown the door.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If Pay is given another year, with the amount of money this club will have to buy some top name players and we can't finish in the top 4 then Pay should be shown the door.
Don't disagree - Top 8 minimum (marching in, not falling in). Top 4 would be great, but I'm happy with a solid return to finals footy in the first year of a revamped squad.
It's a results driven business at the end of the day. Yes, many will say he hasn't produced results up to now - but I mean results without being handcuffed. If he fails that test, he will need to be replaced.

Last edited:

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked pretty good when Foran was on the park last year. I reckon a fit Foran can have us playing finals this year. I hope he stays fit, plays well, and plays on on ‘21 and maybe ‘22. If he does....no...when he does.... he’ll be back to one of the games elite. He’ll teach our next gen young halves plenty along the way. Best of luck Keiran

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And I didn't say that you said it to me, either, that's why it's easy, you posted it and I replied. If you didn't want others to respond to your post then you should have sent him a PM. Rather than post it, with obvious errors of fact, on an open forum that was bound to generate a response.

Go Dogs
Haha. You really are extremely petty and delusional. You can reply to whatever you want. Just don't completely misquote people like you always do.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
200k or 500k it doesn't matter. For whatever value, you've said you won't entertain it which imo is ludicrous. 500k is just the max I would be happy to offer, if it's lower even better.
Yeah I should have my head examined for not wanting to re-sign a player that's well past his best, is constantly injured and who can barely play half of the games each season.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran wont be ready for Round 3. The biggest challenge for every team returning after 10 weeks of lockdown is 1. The ability to take a knock then 2. Combination then 3. Fitness. Bruising happens much easier when players aren't used to the knocks to the body. Contact is what defensive training drills are all about. While the rest of the team had a whole pre season of contact drills to harden their body, Foran has had none. Although he might be fit he wont be ready for full contact ie game time until maybe Round 8.....Ordinarily if we had been continually playing and training he'd be half way through his contact rehab by now. While the break has mended his shoulder he's not ready for a good 2 months yet. If he is risked any earlier he will last 5 minutes before suffering a serious soft tissue injury.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. You really are extremely petty and delusional. You can reply to whatever you want. Just don't completely misquote people like you always do.
Please show me where I misquoted you.

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran wont be ready for Round 3. The biggest challenge for every team returning after 10 weeks of lockdown is 1. The ability to take a knock then 2. Combination then 3. Fitness. Bruising happens much easier when players aren't used to the knocks to the body. Contact is what defensive training drills are all about. While the rest of the team had a whole pre season of contact drills to harden their body, Foran has had none. Although he might be fit he wont be ready for full contact ie game time until maybe Round 8.....Ordinarily if we had been continually playing and training he'd be half way through his contact rehab by now. While the break has mended his shoulder he's not ready for a good 2 months yet. If he is risked any earlier he will last 5 minutes before suffering a serious soft tissue injury.
I'd personally Foran returned a week late and ready then a week early and under done. There's no harm in holding him back another 2-3 games. In the mean time the players chosen ahead of him will get that little bit more game time and experience.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% all season, come on let's jump on the bankwagon boys!! We started the season good in defence but not much idea on attack. Foran back on the paddock is only a good thing.
If he plays the whole season put your money on him for the dally M cause no other player in our team will take points of him

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
theres no doubting when fit that foran is one of the best players in the nrl, the huge question is can the club offer him another contract knowing how fragile his body is and how much time he has spent on the sidelines, i believe no they cant

foran is a big liability, the team relies on him to be on the field and hes mostly not been there, he has tied up huge dollars since day 1 with very little return, he cannot take the day to day grind of nrl anymore,
make 2020 his last season at the club, invest in a player who is sound the club needs a return on its investment, foran has been a huge financial loss

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
theres no doubting when fit that foran is one of the best players in the nrl, the huge question is can the club offer him another contract knowing how fragile his body is and how much time he has spent on the sidelines, i believe no they cant

foran is a big liability, the team relies on him to be on the field and hes mostly not been there, he has tied up huge dollars since day 1 with very little return, he cannot take the day to day grind of nrl anymore,
make 2020 his last season at the club, invest in a player who is sound the club needs a return on its investment, foran has been a huge financial loss
Why not if the contract reflects knowing how fragile his body is? He's not going to be on big $. The problem is putting injury prone players on big money. If there were players available to replace him sure, but is there?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Not true, he's been there exactly 50% of the time, which last time I checked isn't "mostly not been there".

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not true, he's been there exactly 50% of the time, which last time I checked isn't "mostly not been there".

Go Dogs
You say that like it's a good thing. 50% is still a horrible percentage.

Last time I checked, playing half the games "isn't good enough" from anyone let alone your highest paid player and isn't "good value for money".