How long will Foran last?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of our best players when fit... Thats said he will be at risk once the TAB opens up again..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not wishing they lose though, I just don't consider us scrapping a few wins off the back off Foran the least bit successful. There's so many major issues at the club that have gone untouched and I don't trust the board, coach or staff to make theses changes unless their hands are forced. Everything that is wrong with what is going on needs to be exposed so there's no hiding.
Hmmm whatever it was what you were doing .... I certainly wouldn't entertain it. I'm all for calling out the players and coach if underperforming. Natural part of being a supporter and I can understand your frustration.

At end of day you'll never find me hoping the team and/or coach underperforms so that the club is pushed to do something. I'm no Nostradamus but at end of day whichever team we field under whichever coach I want to see win. No matter my own opinion on whether it's the right lineup or whatever.

As I said, each to their own. You should own your comments though rather than backtracking

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people on this forum really care any more about foran,he hasn't been a major part of the conversation,1.2 million disaster,move on.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people on this forum really care any more about foran,he hasn't been a major part of the conversation,1.2 million disaster,move on.
On that type of contract 100%. On a massively reduced deal (on somewhere between 400-500k) I think he could be valuable. I don't think you can just put a line through him for any price whatever that price might be. If there is absolutely no one interested (there will be) we could re-sign him for close to minimum wage. I think it's beneficial to have one of the best five-eighths in the game when fit even if he plays 1/3 of the games (what if he ups that to 1/2 games or possibly more? would you like to see him do that at another club?) if the price is right and we're re-signing him on that basis (a massively reduced deal). To add to that there is almost next to no one available in the spine off contract for 2021. If Foran can finish off the year strong I think we could see him around for one to two more years.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if we play foran its got to the stage now where you need a back up half on the bench for when he goes down which is a waste of bench space.

I'd much prefer to see out the season with our younger halves and sort them out on who to keep & who to let go than stuff our halves around with foran in and out of the team and no certain of getting through 80mins

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
if we play foran its got to the stage now where you need a back up half on the bench for when he goes down which is a waste of bench space
If we buy a hooker (e.g. Friend) JMK could serve as that role (as well as resting our hooker if he's not an 80 minute hooker). JMK is a five-eighth manufactured into hooker anyways.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that type of contract 100%. On a massively reduced deal (on somewhere between 400-500k) I think he could be valuable. I don't think you can just put a line through him for any price whatever that price might be. If there is absolutely no one interested (there will be) we could re-sign him for close to minimum wage. I think it's beneficial to have one of the best five-eighths in the game when fit even if he plays 1/3 of the games (what if he ups that to 1/2 games or possibly more? would you like to see him do that at another club?) if the price is right and we're re-signing him on that basis (a massively reduced deal). To add to that there is almost next to no one available in the spine off contract for 2021. If Foran can finish off the year strong I think we could see him around for one to two more years.

in response to your post.

NO

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
in response to your post.

NO
I don't think it's logical to turn down Foran for 100k a season (I'm sure we could expand this up to 200-300k and almost everyone would agree on it). Which is basically what you're saying. For me it's 400-500k but to just rule out re-signing Foran for ANY price is silly imo. If another club is stupid enough to do what we did (offering what Foran would be worth if he played a whole season with overs on top) or he wants to go to the Super League for a pay day then so be it, he's gone.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's logical to turn down Foran for 100k a season (I'm sure we could expand this up to 200-300k and almost everyone would agree on it). Which is basically what you're saying. For me it's 400-500k but to just rule out re-signing Foran for ANY price is silly imo. If another club is stupid enough to do what we did (offering what Foran would be worth if he played a whole season with overs on top) or he wants to go to the Super League for a pay day then so be it, he's gone.
we were other other stupid club.

learn from our mistakes and move on

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we buy a hooker (e.g. Friend) JMK could serve as that role (as well as resting our hooker if he's not an 80 minute hooker). JMK is a five-eighth manufactured into hooker anyways.
yep that's a definite option I never considered but would you want your halves switching around mid game or would you want them settled

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if he fires and we win the Comp. before he was injured we legit were going so well

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
yep that's a definite option I never considered but would you want your halves switching around mid game or would you want them settled
Settled halves but I'm personally not confident with Averillo/Lewis/Cogger and Wakeham in the halves. If we were able to sign a relative replacement for Foran (not necessarily like for like) I think settled but because I think that's going to be difficult that's why I think for the right price (a deal reflecting Foran playing 1/3 of the games) we shouldn't rule Foran out entirely and strengthen elsewhere until something is available in the following years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole team will be undergone after 2 months of solitary. So your argument is nil and void. The preseason may as well never have happened.
How is it null and void? Most of the rest of the team had a full preseason to train and played trials. Foran hasn't had an preseason, didn't play trials or the first two weeks and is recovering from his millionth surgery unlike our other more able bodied players.

Of course the other players wouldn't have played in a while either, but they get the benefit of the doubt more than the most injury prone player in the comp.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d resign for one year at the right price. There is no one off contract anyway to make a play for. Keary comes off the year after, could be worth a shot then. Foran could be beneficial for Averillos development