Official Api Koroisau was off to the Dogs — everyone knew it.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was Marshall-kings first year at hooker he did good. He’s only going to improve for us.
One of his last games last year he made 56 tackles I think? And didn’t miss one.
Plus he has a decent running game, made a few breaks just didn’t have support which could of been due to lack of communication but that’s easily fixed. Could see his breakout season this year.. hoping so anyways

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You've lost me mate.

Weren't you saying that players don't sign for other clubs purely for money, giving the Api case as an example where you felt he left because he wanted to join a better team with a better chance of a premiership? But now you're saying that it's highly probable that many players do leave because of money just that they're not going to say it in public?

Either way. I've read back a lot on Api as I swore he did say he got a better offer but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere. However it does talk a lot about wanting to reunite with the coach more than anything so perhaps we're both wrong? Definitely nothing about joining team with a better chance of a premiership?

Personally I think it'd be silly in this day and age for anyone to think money isn't a factor. Do you really believe that Mitchell is on considerably less at Souths? Or that he turned down a multi-million dollar deal at the Tigers to sign up for Souths on peanuts. He was on record talking about having to think of his family and take care of them, but then at the end of it he said it wasn't about money ...

It'd be career suicide for players to come out saying they signed for a club for the money. They need to twist it to suit the fanbase, sponsors, etc. Nothing wrong with that but doesn't change the fact that people need to "look after their families" as Mitchell put it.
I've always said a player will sign somewhere else for more money (overs if their current club wants to retain them and vice versa, then you need to compete with other clubs in contention for the player) or due to how successful a club is (if you're not successful you're going to have to offer overs, you also need to compete with other clubs in contention for the player). I said players won't come out and admit they joined a team for more money. I had to change that to 99% of players because T-Rex did. Some how people are coming up with a way to disagree with this.

The Latrell thing is too big to get into so I'll just leave that alone. I believe he's only on 600k in the salary cap and if he's getting anymore it's in TPA's (not sure how and why some clubs get more than others as it's basically cheating the salary cap).

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Eels - Mahoney
Raiders - Hodgson
Titans - Peats/Rein
Cowboys - Granville/Robson
Broncos - Turpin/McCullough
Knights - J. Brailey
Warriors - Egan/Lawton
Rabbitohs - Cook
Sharks - B. Brailey
Panthers - Koroisau
Roosters - Friend/Verills
Manly - Fainu
Storm - Smith
Dragons - McInnes
Tigers - Mbye/Walters/Liddle

We have a better hooker over Titans, Warriors and Tigers (who don't even have one, Liddle potentially better than JMK when he returns - weren't we linked with Liddle early early on?). Most of the rest aren't even close. Maybe you could debate on one to two others (B. Brailey, Granville for e.g. - maybe Robson is better anyways). It's astounding what some of our fans see. Just in case some people can't do the Maths our hooker is ~13th in the NRL. This is also quite similar for almost every position in our team.
Mahoney would be perfect for our team like the way he plays

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
who gives a fuck about this shit story !!!!!!!!!!!!
No one except the protagonists....at least all of us can hurriedly scroll through when we see all the usual combatants dominating ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one except the protagonists....at least all of us can hurriedly scroll through when we see all the usual combatants dominating ;)
No one really cares about us missing out on him I think though maybe I'm wrong?

However, I think we all as supporters of this amazing club are invested in everything that goes on and want to disect events to further understand where we truly are as a club. There'd be nothing better than fully trusting what the club is doing so I know I'm just trying to make sense of it in the hope of feeling like I know what's going on :grinning: So I don't give a fuck he's not with us, but I do care about the situation and do wonder what truly went on behind closed doors. Seems to be just me though :grinning:

As for the protagonists ... haha yeah, some people can dominate this page but at least they're speaking on a subject they care about. Many people on here like to give Brady/Brad shit but at least he doesn't hide from his views and backs it up ;)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As for the protagonists ... haha yeah, some people can dominate this page but at least they're speaking on a subject they care about. Many people on here like to give Brady/Brad shit but at least he doesn't hide from his views and backs it up ;)
Exactly right mate. I don’t think some of the old timers have grasped the purpose of a discussion board. It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No one really cares about us missing out on him I think though maybe I'm wrong?

However, I think we all as supporters of this amazing club are invested in everything that goes on and want to disect events to further understand where we truly are as a club. There'd be nothing better than fully trusting what the club is doing so I know I'm just trying to make sense of it in the hope of feeling like I know what's going on :grinning: So I don't give a fuck he's not with us, but I do care about the situation and do wonder what truly went on behind closed doors. Seems to be just me though :grinning:

Haha yes we are a passionate lot ...but some do go on and onnnn trying to make their points, reassert their points, counter their points, provide examples of their points, come back to their original point then even contradict their points ;)

(At least after 10 pages or so; mostly we do agree to disagree and give others a break lol)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right mate. I don’t think some of the old timers have grasped the purpose of a discussion board. It would be boring if everyone had the same opinion
Geez....I just never thought of you encouraging anyone on here to have anything other than the same opinion as you ;)

I stand corrected.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Geez....I just never thought of you encouraging anyone on here to have anything other than the same opinion as you ;)

I stand corrected.
Well you did say you skim through my posts without reading them so makes sense you were mistaken

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha yes we are a passionate lot ...but some do go on and onnnn trying to make their points, reassert their points, counter their points, provide examples of their points, come back to their original point then even contradict their points ;)

(At least after 10 pages or so; mostly we do agree to disagree and give others a break lol)
So in other words you completely agree with everything I've said. Spot on in that case my son. Spot on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So in other words you completely agree with everything I've said. Spot on in that case my son. Spot on.
Hey I know as much as anyone we are wafflers lol...prove it all the time of here myself;)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump this thread. Anybody else wondering what could have been after watching Koroisau shine for the Panthers in the opening 2 rounds?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bump this thread. Anybody else wondering what could have been after watching Koroisau shine for the Panthers in the opening 2 rounds?
No. It's as useless as seeing a woman you might have had a thing for marrying a friend and always regretting it. Best to just accept that they made a different choice and get on with life without them.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a real shame. I haven't seen the panthers games but I heard ABC commentary team say he would be up there for signing of the year if his form continues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's a real shame. I haven't seen the panthers games but I heard ABC commentary team say he would be up there for signing of the year if his form continues.
We're probably 2-0 with him and praising Pay...lol