Official Api Koroisau was off to the Dogs — everyone knew it.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next time we offer $500k plus for a dummy half, he needs to be the one we're going forward with. Api was never going to be that so signing him now never made sense to me anyhow. Nothing issue and I'm sure Pay and the club didn't lose any sleep.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Er, no. When you resort to terms like ‘mind fuck’ you’ve already proven you’re out of your depth. Now run along little boy.
upload_2020-2-19_13-37-27.png
Very accurate.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a new club will be good for him. I think he'll be a good back up option for us but nothing more. All he's shown so far is that. Everything else is hope which I'm not a fan of tbh. I want to be a top eight team not a bottom four team.
Which is exactly why we signed him and why his contract value and term reflects that.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha great I’m glad youse like it aye & the debate is a lot friendlier without some of the outliers that are ~ 1.5 times the value of the interquartile range beyond the quartiles haha
Youse :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You’ve just summed up most of your posts mate haha. When you can’t win the argument just try and bamboozle the other side into submission. Law debating 101 :grinning:
From my perspective it's the exact same from the other side. The longer we argue the further away we get from the main point.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you compare JMK to the starting hooker in every team he's one of the worst. Our fans have a problem with comparing players with other Bulldogs players and not elsewhere. I love JMK and hope he makes it but unfortunately it is what it is. There is a reason we went after at least three other hookers during and after last season. We ended up with one that contacted us which is just back up (who game from another team struggling in the hooker position and he was third string there and not wanted).
Exactly !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly !!!
Eels - Mahoney
Raiders - Hodgson
Titans - Peats/Rein
Cowboys - Granville/Robson
Broncos - Turpin/McCullough
Knights - J. Brailey
Warriors - Egan/Lawton
Rabbitohs - Cook
Sharks - B. Brailey
Panthers - Koroisau
Roosters - Friend/Verills
Manly - Fainu
Storm - Smith
Dragons - McInnes
Tigers - Mbye/Walters/Liddle

We have a better hooker over Titans, Warriors and Tigers (who don't even have one, Liddle potentially better than JMK when he returns - weren't we linked with Liddle early early on?). Most of the rest aren't even close. Maybe you could debate on one to two others (B. Brailey, Granville for e.g. - maybe Robson is better anyways). It's astounding what some of our fans see. Just in case some people can't do the Maths our hooker is ~13th in the NRL. This is also quite similar for almost every position in our team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
12th. Cross out fainu he’s off to jail
True. They have Levi standing in (not sure where Fainu is at regarding his incident). JMK is slightly better than Levi so while Fainu's out that's another one we're over (Des magic inc).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lots of fun in rating players in one position without considering the players around them, my contribution, in order;

Rabbitohs - Cook
Raiders - Hodgson
Storm - Smith (could be much lower if he ages this year as much as he did last year)/Grant
Dragons - McInnes
Panthers - Koroisau (if he stays out of trouble)
Bulldogs - JMK/Katoa
Knights - J. Brailey Sharks - B. Brailey (neither of the Braileys has a running game)
Cowboys - Granville (could also be lower if he slips this year as much as he did last year)/Robson
Eels - Mahoney
Manly - Levi
Titans - Peats/Rein
Warriors - Egan/Lawton

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lots of fun in rating players in one position without considering the players around them, my contribution, in order;

Rabbitohs - Cook
Raiders - Hodgson
Storm - Smith (could be much lower if he ages this year as much as he did last year)/Grant
Dragons - McInnes
Panthers - Koroisau (if he stays out of trouble)
Bulldogs - JMK/Katoa
Knights - J. Brailey Sharks - B. Brailey (neither of the Braileys has a running game)
Cowboys - Granville (could also be lower if he slips this year as much as he did last year)/Robson
Eels - Mahoney
Manly - Levi
Titans - Peats/Rein
Warriors - Egan/Lawton

Go Dogs
Mahoney and J. Brailey too low. I will never agree with you on those two. B. Brailey and Granville you can debate. I'm on record saying I'd sign Granville for his remaining Cowboys contract if he was available to play ahead of JMK (before we signed Katoa). B. Brailey more potential and Sharks picked between him and his brother - maybe salary cap reasons similar to Koroisau and Manly. His brother is better than JMK and was someone a lot of people wanted us to target early on (me included). At best I could give you JMK is the 10th best hooker in the NRL (if we're excluding Fainu and clubs with two good hookers). If you want to have fun you can do this for every position and you'll probably realise why we're where we're (even when you sprinkle your Bulldogs bias).

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahoney and J. Brailey too low. I will never agree with you on those two. B. Brailey and Granville you can debate. I'm on record saying I'd sign Granville for his remaining Cowboys contract if he was available to play ahead of JMK (before we signed Katoa). B. Brailey more potential and Sharks picked between him and his brother - maybe salary cap reasons similar to Koroisau and Manly. His brother is better than JMK and was someone a lot of people wanted us to target early on (me included). At best I could give you JMK is the 10th best hooker in the NRL (if we're excluding Fainu and clubs with two good hookers).
Granville has been getting horribler each year since 2015, he's a major reason why the Cowboys go forward has gone backwards.

People complain that JMK doesn't run enough, Blayke averaged 11 metres average per game last year, and Jayden averaged 38 meters which is the same as JMK (within a metre).
The Braileys have a reputation for tackling, well, JMK's tacking efficiency is 90%, Blayke is on 85% and again Jayden is much the same as JMK (within 1%) so they aren't tackling any better than JMK.
Kicking, JMK kicks twice as far as both of them on average each game.
Offloads, Blayke is on zero, with JMK and Jayden equal on 4.

Pick a statistic and JMK does OK every time, there's far too much Brailey hype.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Granville has been getting horribler each year since 2015, he's a major reason why the Cowboys go forward has gone backwards.

People complain that JMK doesn't run enough, Blayke averaged 11 metres average per game last year, and Jayden averaged 38 meters which is the same as JMK (within a metre).
The Braileys have a reputation for tackling, well, JMK's tacking efficiency is 90%, Blayke is on 85% and again Jayden is much the same as JMK (within 1%) so they aren't tackling any better than JMK.
Kicking, JMK kicks twice as far as both of them on average each game.
Offloads, Blayke is on zero, with JMK and Jayden equal on 4.

Pick a statistic and JMK does OK every time, there's far too much Brailey hype.

Go Dogs
Stats are good and all but it gets to a point where you have to use your eyes too. Go re watch one of our final games of the season vs Cowboys and you'll see what I mean. For e.g. Granville's deception at the ruck isn't a statistic and something JMK struggles in. What about ball distribution? Anyways I'll give you Granville and B. Brailey if you want (the other two no chance) it doesn't really change the point I'm trying to make.

Do we have a top eight fullback? Possibly (one of our best players by the way).
Do we have two top 16 wingers? No. Reimis potentially.
Do we have two top 16 centres? No. Hopoate is one tho.
Do we have a top eight five-eighth? Yes, when Foran is fit.
Do we have a top eight halfback? No.
Do we have two top 16 props? No.
Do we have a top eight hooker? No.
Do we have two top 16 second rowers? No. Possibly Jackson.
Do we have a top eight lock? No, but surprisingly closer than some of the other positions.

If we want to be a top eight team we're going to need players somewhere that're top eight (or sixteen depending on position, e.g. teams have two centres) in their positions. JMK isn't a top eight hooker. We have a bunch of below average and average players when comparing them to the rest of the talent in the NRL.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK has shown heaps of improvement at least. He’s come from the tigers as a part timer and he’s come here full time and he has started splitting defence and kicking 40/20s. He’s got a fair bit of potential.

Oh and he throws an alright pass... we had to put up with custard arm licha for years

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JMK has shown heaps of improvement at least. He’s come from the tigers as a part timer and he’s come here full time and he has started splitting defence and kicking 40/20s. He’s got a fair bit of potential.

Oh and he throws an alright pass... we had to put up with custard arm licha for years
100% improved and could continue to do so. Just have to judge him where he is currently for the 2020 season. Manly went with Levi over Lichaa so that says enough.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not going to say 99% of players aren't going to say they joined another team for more money. Player's aren't going to say it, it's simple really. The backlash from your outlier example is exactly why they won't. Happy to leave you bring an outlier into an argument (which is actually against your point when looking at the bigger picture) to mind fuck yourself.
You've lost me mate.

Weren't you saying that players don't sign for other clubs purely for money, giving the Api case as an example where you felt he left because he wanted to join a better team with a better chance of a premiership? But now you're saying that it's highly probable that many players do leave because of money just that they're not going to say it in public?

Either way. I've read back a lot on Api as I swore he did say he got a better offer but I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere. However it does talk a lot about wanting to reunite with the coach more than anything so perhaps we're both wrong? Definitely nothing about joining team with a better chance of a premiership?

Personally I think it'd be silly in this day and age for anyone to think money isn't a factor. Do you really believe that Mitchell is on considerably less at Souths? Or that he turned down a multi-million dollar deal at the Tigers to sign up for Souths on peanuts. He was on record talking about having to think of his family and take care of them, but then at the end of it he said it wasn't about money ...

It'd be career suicide for players to come out saying they signed for a club for the money. They need to twist it to suit the fanbase, sponsors, etc. Nothing wrong with that but doesn't change the fact that people need to "look after their families" as Mitchell put it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha great I’m glad youse like it aye & the debate is a lot friendlier without some of the outliers that are ~ 1.5 times the value of the interquartile range beyond the quartiles haha
You lost me at great ... that means more good, doesn't it?