Official Api Koroisau was off to the Dogs — everyone knew it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very happy because it’s not an outlier.
You literally said: ‘A player is not going to admit he signed at another club for more money’ and I provided an example where that’s exactly what happened.

Er - agenda? What would that be?
Maybe you can break into my house to find it? You know Brady, it’s not that hard to admit that you’re not always right - though for you it seems so.
You act smart but don't know what an outlier is? Interesting. Name me another player since Williams.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You act smart but don't know what an outlier is? Interesting. Name me another player since Williams.
Every second player says they have a young family to take care of etc etc etc
Read between the lines. It’s not rocket science

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone agrees that at the start of last season JMK was below average playing at hooker, but as the season went on he improved noticeably. Hooker these days is a very demanding role and not having developed playing there it takes some game time plus training in that position. Like a number of our players this is a make or break year for JMK and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how each one of them progresses.

Using your analogy we should not have recruited either CHN or DWZ. I think you need to take the time and actually watch Katoa play, he's actually a pretty good hooker. I place zero credence on where he ended up at Penrith, with CHN and DWZ prime examples of their ability to totally fark up with quality players.

Go Dogs
JMK did improve last year but even saying that he's still one of the worst hookers in starting 13's. I want JMK to make it but currently he isn't good enough. Those three are not comparable really. Katoa = third string hooker, behind Kenny and Egan. CHN lost his starting position to Kikau (Panthers supporters didn't want to lose CHN and instead would of rather Yeo go) and DWZ wanted to play fullback but unperformed for a bit and things happened behind the scenes that couldn't be fixed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every second player says they have a young family to take care of etc etc etc
Read between the lines. It’s not rocket science
If true that rules out half of the players available for recruitment according to some. I get it you's are salty we missed out on a player and want to justify why (agenda - protecting the club). I have no problem with players joining a more successful team or getting more money by the way.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brady - perhaps in between your expertise on the salary cap, player payments, what motivates players to make signing decisions and assorted other assumptions you post (often devoid of facts), you may consider some English lessons.

I know exactly what an outlier is and when I said it wasn’t an outlier I was referring to your post, not what Tony Williams did. If you used the term correctly you would’ve said ‘Apart from the outlier of Tony Williams, a player isn’t going to admit they signed at a club for more money’. You didn’t. You’re wrong.

No need to reply champ, I think enough of us see what’s going on here and I’m happy to leave it at that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brady - perhaps in between your expertise on the salary cap, player payments, what motivates players to make signing decisions and assorted other assumptions you post (often devoid of facts), you may consider some English lessons.

I know exactly what an outlier is and when I said it wasn’t an outlier I was referring to your post, not what Tony Williams did. If you used the term correctly you would’ve said ‘Apart from the outlier of Tony Williams, a player isn’t going to admit they signed at a club for more money’. You didn’t. You’re wrong.

No need to reply champ, I think enough of us see what’s going on here and I’m happy to leave it at that.
I'm not going to say 99% of players aren't going to say they joined another team for more money. Player's aren't going to say it, it's simple really. The backlash from your outlier example is exactly why they won't. Happy to leave you bring an outlier into an argument (which is actually against your point when looking at the bigger picture) to mind fuck yourself.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If true that rules out half of the players available for recruitment according to some. I get it you's are salty we missed out on a player and want to justify why (agenda - protecting the club). I have no problem with players joining a more successful team or getting more money by the way.
You talk like a professor and then say you’s? haha.
I’m not salty we missed out on Api, I’m actually happy (or Api) we did.
He wanted more money than he is worth for his skill level and injury history. He wanted to follow the coach who led a team with quite a few rep players to second last well good luck to him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You talk like a professor and then say you’s? haha.
I’m not salty we missed out on Api, I’m actually happy (or Api) we did.
He wanted more money than he is worth for his skill level and injury history. He wanted to follow the coach who led a team with quite a few rep players to second last well good luck to him
I'll still take that as a compliment. Just saying in general unless you literally can't understand or translate what someone is saying you shouldn't bring it up. Yous happy. I Personally don't like how that word looks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK did improve last year but even saying that he's still one of the worst hookers in starting 13's. I want JMK to make it but currently he isn't good enough. Those three are not comparable really. Katoa = third string hooker, behind Kenny and Egan. CHN lost his starting position to Kikau (Panthers supporters didn't want to lose CHN and instead would of rather Yeo go) and DWZ wanted to play fullback but unperformed for a bit and things happened behind the scenes that couldn't be fixed.
And you know for a fact that nothing "happened behind the scenes" with Katoa?

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Katoa got opportunities just wasn't able to take them. He slowly moved down the pecking order. Also when they signed Koroisau they had four hookers. Three after Katoa left. Two after Egan left. They also probably have someone else coming up in reserve grade. I know for a fact (I'll take their word on it at least) something happened behind the scenes regarding DWZ and Panthers (either with the club, coach or other players, not going to specify). I heard nothing like that regarding Katoa just that he wasn't good enough.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
This bloke backs himself into a corner every time when his ‘facts’ are challenged :-).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This bloke backs himself into a corner every time when his ‘facts’ are challenged :-).
Yes which is why you can't give a constructive reply to my last reply (not this one) to you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes which is why you can't give a constructive reply to my last reply (not this one) to you.
Er, no. When you resort to terms like ‘mind fuck’ you’ve already proven you’re out of your depth. Now run along little boy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Katoa got opportunities just wasn't able to take them. He slowly moved down the pecking order. Also when they signed Koroisau they had four hookers. Three after Katoa left. Two after Egan left. They also probably have someone else coming up in reserve grade. I know for a fact (I'll take their word on it at least) something happened behind the scenes regarding DWZ and Panthers (either with the club, coach or other players, not going to specify). I heard nothing like that regarding Katoa just that he wasn't good enough.
Interesting, especially since he played 15 NRL games last year for Penrith, not too bad for someone "down the pecking order". He was also their hooker in Round 24 last year, so it wasn't like he actually moved down the pecking order as the season progressed. When he wasn't in the run on 13 he played off the bench. He has also played 15 games for Tonga. I think you are seriously underrating him and I hope, by being a good back up for JMK, he proves you wrong.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Interesting, especially since he played 15 NRL games last year for Penrith, not too bad for someone "down the pecking order". He was also their hooker in Round 24 last year, so it wasn't like he actually moved down the pecking order as the season progressed. When he wasn't in the run on 13 he played off the bench. He has also played 15 games for Tonga. I think you are seriously underrating him and I hope, by being a good back up for JMK, he proves you wrong.

Go Dogs
I think a new club will be good for him. I think he'll be a good back up option for us but nothing more. All he's shown so far is that. Everything else is hope which I'm not a fan of tbh. I want to be a top eight team not a bottom four team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ha ha. Fair call mate.
Best to ignore the petulant :-).
Besides using the word fuck once I haven't been that. You got me! TECHNICALLY I'm petulant.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We'll be up to twenty pages soon just from @bradyk and @DinkumDog and @Natboy II debating about..... Whatever

Keep it up guys, makes for entertaining reading;)
Haha great I’m glad youse like it aye & the debate is a lot friendlier without some of the outliers that are ~ 1.5 times the value of the interquartile range beyond the quartiles haha