BankWest Stadium

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
10,000 is terrible given that a large chunk were penrith fans and that the club gave out free tickets to all full season members. I prefer the stadium over ANZ... not a single bad seat in the house.
This 1 seat looks pretty bad but..Screenshot_20190804-001037_Gallery.jpeg

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
10,000 is terrible given that a large chunk were penrith fans and that the club gave out free tickets to all full season members. I prefer the stadium over ANZ... not a single bad seat in the house.
Dogs season members didn’t get free tickets. It’s part of their season membership. The game was changed from anz. They just got a paper ticket because allocated seats weren’t on their passes for that ground.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even considering our position in the ladder, I thought the novelty of our first game there would lead to a bigger crowd. I can't wait to check out a game there.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be going there for the first time next week against tigers. Looking forward to it

Edit: just realised we are playing at anz

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
The fans are voting with the feet
its a no for Wankfest
only 11k today versus Titans
14k vs tigers

Homebush all the way
crowds numbers show this
19k vs Souths
20k vs parra

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For our games there are f all worker there (as soon as the game starts all the eshays pour into the empty members seats and proceed to carry on like tools), and today there was only 1 bar open so getting a beer at halftime was impossible.
I do like the atmosphere though

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a no for Wankfest
14k vs tigers

Homebush all the way
crowds numbers show this
19k vs Souths
20k vs parra
Why? Because people won't travel that extra little bit? We drive from 2 hrs away and bankwest is a thousand times better stadium than fucking homebush. Our fans need to harden up and travel that little bit further and get to parra. Imagine if we got 20k there, it would be amazing

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For our games there are f all worker there (as soon as the game starts all the eshays pour into the empty members seats and proceed to carry on like tools), and today there was only 1 bar open so getting a beer at halftime was impossible.
I do like the atmosphere though
Where did you sit? There were 2 bars open behind us

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 1 seat looks pretty bad but..View attachment 10866
Lol. I worked on the stadium (facade engineer) and I engineered that wall in the photo. I didn't realise there were seats impeded by it. Reason for it, is the floor level of terrace on that western side is higher than the steps in the photo and so barrier height requirements kicked in. I actually thought they blocked out those seats. Oh well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
its a no for Wankfest
14k vs tigers

Homebush all the way
crowds numbers show this
19k vs Souths
20k vs parra
No comparison. The Titans are a shit team, shit draw and have no travelling fans. The Tigers game, again, they're a bottom four team so their fans have given up..

The two Homebush games you listed were against top 6 teams who have huge fanbases and are massive rivals. If we played the Souths and Parra game at Bankwest, the crowds would have been even better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I prefer Homebush, the logistics of it is 50 times better and the big screen is a pleasure to watch off.

If only Accor was reduced in size and got its reno... nobody would give a shit about a Stadium not even in our territory.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Why? Because people won't travel that extra little bit? We drive from 2 hrs away and bankwest is a thousand times better stadium than fucking homebush. Our fans need to harden up and travel that little bit further and get to parra. Imagine if we got 20k there, it would be amazing
Homebush is 15 mins from Belmore

Getting to and from Wankfest is a nightmare centenary drive is a car park

Parking around The ground is shit
The sooner we ditch the joint the better

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Homebush is 15 mins from Belmore

Getting to and from Wankfest is a nightmare centenary drive is a car park

Parking around The ground is shit
The sooner we ditch the joint the better
Not to mention we tried the parra stadium experiment in 1995. Fans didn’t like it then either. Got some horrible crowds that year.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
No comparison. The Titans are a shit team, shit draw and have no travelling fans. The Tigers game, again, they're a bottom four team so their fans have given up..

The two Homebush games you listed were against top 6 teams who have huge fanbases and are massive rivals. If we played the Souths and Parra game at Bankwest, the crowds would have been even better.
Not to mention we tried the parra stadium experiment in 1995. Fans didn’t like it then either. Got some horrible crowds that year.
i for one didnt go to one game at Parra Stadium in 1995

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The atmosphere and acoustics at Wankbest are certainly better than what Accor / Stadium Australia can provide for smaller or even same crowds.

But parking at parra is a problem.
On the flipside... its not far from Church St restaurants so it has better food options before and after a game.

The reality is that if you dont get around 30k at Accor, atmosphere is crap.

Even 10k crowd at Wankbest sounds great and creates good atmosphere. Get 20k (like A-league derby) and its rocking.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't get the parking problem?

I parked in the Carpark and it was free. Didn't take long to get out either.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I went to every game in 95 when we looked gone half thru the year to taking out Manly in the GF.. Yes poor crowds but it was more than just a stadium that imploded with Superleague and the Big 4 signing with Parra also a factor many of us fans struggled with. I lived in Campbelltown so the train trips were long and frustrating but I loved watching Baa do his thing..
Dymock and the Smith's were awesome along Pay leading up front. Great memories

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
its a no for Wankfest
14k vs tigers

Homebush all the way
crowds numbers show this
19k vs Souths
20k vs parra
CommBank is a good stadium to watch the footy in but parking is shite, traffic around Parra today was a debacle (Westfield etc) and it’s a hike from the station. No point in catching the bus from the station, it gets caught in traffic too. I still go because watching the Dogs is the priority but access to/from Homebush is definitely easier and as the Dogs improve and crowds improve Accor is my preference over CommBank. But given both are in the Dogs contract for the foreseeable future just have to roll with the punches and get there.