BankWest Stadium

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
CommBank is a good stadium to watch the footy in but parking is shite, traffic around Parra today was a debacle (Westfield etc) and it’s a hike from the station. No point in catching the bus from the station, it gets caught in traffic too. I still go because watching the Dogs is the priority but access to/from Homebush is definitely easier and as the Dogs improve and crowds improve Accor is my preference over CommBank. But given both are in the Dogs contract for the foreseeable future just have to roll with the punches and get there.

how long is the wankfest contract?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
how long is the wankfest contract?
The contract is with VenuesLIVE (NSW Government) which operates both Accor and CommBank. I believe it has about 4 years to run before re-negotiation time.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
The contract is with VenuesLIVE (NSW Government) which operates both Accor and CommBank. I believe it has about 4 years to run before re-negotiation time.
it will be a nightmare getting there on a thursday or friday night game

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get the parking problem?

I parked in the Carpark and it was free. Didn't take long to get out either.
My first adventure there was the Sharks game a few weeks ago with a 4k crowd... Parking spot was free and 100m away from the gate, took us 30min to leave the car park because they kept us locked in until ppl crossed the road. I honestly couldn't believe I was in 2022 tbh... I'd have more luck getting out of Belmore on the busiest day of the year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it will be a nightmare getting there on a thursday or friday night game
I personally didnt go today because i didnt want to drive to woop woop to watch a home game.. I enjoy the convenience of wondering down 5min and 10min down the road to watch ma boys run around.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
It isn’t ideal access no matter which way you slice it, especially as our crowds grow. But it won’t stop me, supporting the club is what matters the most.
I also go everyweek rain hail or shine..
but i dont see Wankfest being a positive for our casual fans to travel to parramatta to watch us
as the crowds are proving

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I also go everyweek rain hail or shine..
but i dont see Wankfest being a positive for our casual fans to travel to parramatta to watch us
as the crowds are proving
We’re still on the way up.
Some fans are fickle.
When we’re finals bound the punters will go.
But that’s what I don’t like about Parra - parking, access etc - which worsens when crowds are bigger.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My first adventure there was the Sharks game a few weeks ago with a 4k crowd... Parking spot was free and 100m away from the gate, took us 30min to leave the car park because they kept us locked in until ppl crossed the road. I honestly couldn't believe I was in 2022 tbh... I'd have more luck getting out of Belmore on the busiest day of the year.
They had cops directing traffic today. Roughly 7 mins to get out.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody, it's metered parking only between Monday and Friday.
Care to share where??
The carpark I use I’ve had two shockers.
I don’t carry a wallet/cards etc - found out the hard way no phone/watch payments and today it’s clear they received a lot of complaints as there were a lot of new signs saying no tap n’ go so I take a card, but get back after the game and my ticket isn’t ‘readable’ so had to call them to sort it out so they let me out. If they want the business they’ve got to make it easier…

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Care to share where??
The carpark I use I’ve had two shockers.
I don’t carry a wallet/cards etc - found out the hard way no phone/watch payments and today it’s clear they received a lot of complaints as there were a lot of new signs saying no tap n’ go so I take a card, but get back after the game and my ticket isn’t ‘readable’ so had to call them to sort it out so they let me out. If they want the business they’ve got to make it easier…
It's the Carpark directly next to the stadium.

Dont know what it's called but if you're driving to the stadium with it on the left side of you it's entry is on the left just before the stadium.

I spun out there was something free these days lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time at bankwest with the kids. Bloody enjoyed it, they had full view even with someone sitting infront. Atmosphere was incredible for a 13k crowd. Left with a win so overall was a brilliant Sunday.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was 8k at the sharks game mate