Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Foran being shopped around

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk of Maloney not staying at Penrith and Foran being shopped around, is there any chance we could be trying to make space for Maloney at the club?

Wishful thinking, but Maloney at the club in my opinion would be similar to having Kimmorley all those years ago. An absolute competitor, consistant, reliable and experienced.
He would get crucified on TK for all his errors, but JimmyWins is just what we need for a couple of years. Someone who can control a game, can put on tries, lasts longer than a month at a time, is popular with the media, and can fine tune our young halves.

Give Adam Idiot one job on the field...be Jimmy's bodyguard.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would get crucified on TK for all his errors, but JimmyWins is just what we need for a couple of years. Someone who can control a game, can put on tries, lasts longer than a month at a time, is popular with the media, and can fine tune our young halves.

Sorry mate the Kennel obsession for having a half that defends well but offers little in attack rules Jimmy out!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
in regards to not paying players to play at others clubs promise, all promises are dictated by circumstances..

Sometimes keeping a promise will compromise your situation.

Also the pre-election promise was made prior to knowing the full extent of the damage done

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
all promises are dictated by circumstances..

also the pre-election promise was made prior to knowing the full extent of the damage done
It was a pretty naive promise to make and probably showed they didn't have their head around what roster management is like these days.

In saying that I don't really care if they break a promise like that if it means our roster and cap is in a better position.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
in regards to not paying players to play at others clubs promise, all promises are dictated by circumstances..

Also the pre-election promise was made prior to knowing the full extent of the damage done
Before the board election and this "election promise" not to pay for players to play at another club. What player/s were they talking about, I can only think of James Graham as the first and only before the new board was elected?

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Before the board election and this "election promise" not to pay for players to play at another club. What player/s were they talking about, I can only think of James Graham as the first and only before the new board was elected?
James Graham
Sam Kasiano
Brenko Lee
Lloyd Perrett

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

If Elliott was someone's bodyguard, they'd end up worse off than Monica Seles or Nancy Kerrigan.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are looking to cut Kieran Foran from his $1.2 million-a-year deal.
And they’re so eager to get rid of him they’ll pay $500,000 of his wages for your club to take him off them.

That’s according to Nine News reporter Danny Weidler, who claims that the ex-Manly and Parramatta pivot has told his closest associates of the plan.

The 29-year-old has been plagued by injuries in recent years and remains contracted until the end of 2020.

The Kiwi international has missed large chunks of Canterbury’s season due to hamstring and ankle problems, playing just 10 games.

Foran and his manager, however, denied Weidler’s claims.

A potential departure for Foran could open the door to a return to Belmore for Josh Reynolds

The Dogs’ favourite left the club for the Wests Tigers but has struggled to replicate his brilliance under Michael Maguire.

Manly was mentioned as another potential destination for Reynolds, but the Sea Eagles have ruled themselves out of a move for the halfback.

“We’re no chance with the cap,” said coach Des Hasler.

“We’ve already got sanctions and we’re just getting over that. I’m sure he’ll land somewhere, but it won’t be in the maroon and white.”

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
need to note it's a Wiedler spiel. i'm not really buying it because we only have Cogger and Lewis, who need an experienced half so even if we're paying overs so be it. Doesn't make sense to keep paying players to play for other clubs...

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we lose Foran and get Reynolds that will do me. That would be ridicules.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To risky to even pick up Foran for 700k tbh, he's 500k MAX. Tho I honestly think if he was fit and played 80 minutes week in and out he'd be worth 1m. Just not worth the hassle.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we lose Foran and get Reynolds that will do me. That would be ridicules.
Exactly this! Completely insane. Foran when on the field is a different league and now Reynolds is injured bloody worse than Foran and no where near as talented or skilled.

I understand Foran is busted but fuck paying 500k for him to go elsewhere unless that 700k signed a young star prospect and it won’t. Flops like Moses brooks mbye Taylor etc get fucking 800-1mil.

We should of went hard for young Flanagan instead roosters did.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This whole situation is ridiculous regardless, this club takes one step forward and 3 Back...

Oh wait..!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Pay still here !!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly this! Completely insane. Foran when on the field is a different league and now Reynolds is injured bloody worse than Foran and no where near as talented or skilled.

I understand Foran is busted but fuck paying 500k for him to go elsewhere unless that 700k signed a young star prospect and it won’t. Flops like Moses brooks mbye Taylor etc get fucking 800-1mil.

We should of went hard for young Flanagan instead roosters did.
Kieran is a thorn in our cap.

If some stupid club throws in 700k for Kieran and we cough up 500k for that year, while utilising that 700k elsewhere (smartly), we will be in front.

Kieran is a good footy player but unfortunately for Kieran and our club, his body is not up to the weekly, vigorous hammering's the body cops.

If Josh comes to the Dogs, it will be at a very small cost. If he doesn't come, he doesn't come and so be it.

Player's come and go, and there is no point in getting worked up over player's who are replaceable

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what club would still part with 500k for a player who has so many injuries and spends so much time on the sidelines

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get 700k for Foran it will be a masterstroke. I highly doubt it though.
Welch could be signed with that and maybe some left over change.
Lets be honest, Foz won't be re signed after next year anyway so we might aswell get as many long term team members as quick as possible

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that Hasler has a massive hard on for Kieran.

Des knows every single detail in Forans contract, as he was the one who gave it the thumbs up before that fatcunt Dib signed him on.

Manly (Hasler) is the only club which will take Foran, and it all comes down to the numbers. I hope the club plays it smartly here, by getting a player in return as well as paying part of his contract. Players to the likes of either Fainu, Tapau or Turbo bros - though all very unlikely.

Whatever the case, we must force Manly to pay through the roof for the Turbo brothers giving Manly little room to strengthen other departments.

Interestingly enough, on Controversy Corner last night, Bulldog Ritchie mentioned that Jake Turbo is valued at $1m a season and obviously Tom is worth more. Both of the brothers managers (i think SPX) have strictly made it clear that they will not accept a contract with 3rd Party payments and it all has to be under the cap, because of the risks involved. Toovey also agreed that it will be impossible for Manly to keep both brothers as they also have DCE on a massive contract

Reading between the lines and by the sounds of it, Manly has already made an offer to both brothers which has been rejected, as it involves massive chunks of 3rd party payments which cannot be guaranteed.

Fuck i hope the Andersons fuck Hasler up the ass