Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Foran being shopped around

Banned
Reaction score
Are we at the point that we'd accept a medium 1/4 pounder as a direct swap?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd honesty take a straight swap with Koroisau or AFB joining us and being done with it...I'm just totally sick for the Foran saga.
I'd take AFB for sure. But Des won't let him go as he rates him more than Taupau. I'd much rather Fainu than Koroisau. Api is way better than what we have but has missed a tonne of games the last two seasons. Fainu has the best running game out of any hooker in the comp aside from Cook.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd take AFB for sure. But Des won't let him go as he rates him more than Taupau. I'd much rather Fainu than Koroisau. Api is way better than what we have but has missed a tonne of games the last two seasons. Fainu has the best running game out of any hooker in the comp aside from Cook.
Yh i'd defenitely rather him but I highly doubt Manly are going to release him and doubt he has the desire to leave. Koroisau on the other hand just seems far more likely.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past our incompetent board. Des might finally pick him up for a bargain.
If they let foran go next year, I can assure you the 2020 wooden spoon.
We are nothing without him.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not entirely against releasing Foran, but after all the time and patience we've put into getting him healthy(ish) I'd hate to see him have a good injury free season at another club.
It's a risk either way, but I'd say if he's having a positive influence on Wakeham, Cogger and Lewis then we bite the bullet and persist with him.
We need his experience in the side and we look like a better team when he's there and fit.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really we beat the Cowboys and Knights with him out injured.
Unless we can replace him with someone with the same skill set or greater then I would not be offloading one of our stars of the season along with hoppa.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless we can replace him with someone with the same skill set or greater then I would not be offloading one of our stars of the season along with hoppa.
If Foran was playing the majority of games I’d agree but he’s missed lots of games again this year. If we can find a deal that suits us we should take it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If anyone wants to pay over half of Foran's contract for his 10 games a season then that would be a blessing and the club should jump at the opportunity.

Theres no point having $1.2 million sitting on the sidelines for most of another season.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn't the club stated that we wont pay players to play at other clubs? Personally I agree with this stance. Players hold all the power. They start playing poorly for whatever reason, get moved on to another club who only has to pick up half the salary, and then the club that let's him go has to operate under the cap until his contract expires, while the other club is effectively fielding a team over the cap.
I know the fantastic players are what makes this sport, but without the clubs they would have no one to play for. I just think clubs that have underperforming players get screwed, and this is unfair on them.
Personally, I dont want our club to be paying anyone to play for a rival. No matter who it is.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't the club stated that we wont pay players to play at other clubs? Personally I agree with this stance. Players hold all the power. They start playing poorly for whatever reason, get moved on to another club who only has to pick up half the salary, and then the club that let's him go has to operate under the cap until his contract expires, while the other club is effectively fielding a team over the cap.
I know the fantastic players are what makes this sport, but without the clubs they would have no one to play for. I just think clubs that have underperforming players get screwed, and this is unfair on them.
Personally, I dont want our club to be paying anyone to play for a rival. No matter who it is.
Another broken promise by our 'broke' board

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's going back to Manly with Tyrone Roberts joining us next season, mark my words.
HAHAHAHA GTFO!
What makes you pin point Roberts not that I have a problem with that. Roberts is the 720th player in premiership history to play 150 games, a milestone achieved by just 7.5% of the 9,535 players to run out in first grade since 1908. He would be an asset moving forward especially for our young haves. He could also fill in as hooker or fullback if need be.
Yuck, I hope you are joking! Otherwise you are cooked.

You call it brown paper bags while others call it smart and capable business people.
One and the same.
The brown bags are good business when its keeping a gun squad together after winning a grand final.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure we paid for part of woods salary last year. May be mbyes as well

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap him. If des loves him so much give us api, and a few other parts we need.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Would love for it to be true but Maloney is a competitor and he pays special attention to the forward pack of a club before signing. He said he doesn't sign for clubs with a weak forward pack.

If it's about extra money he's better off going to england
This is his perfect chance to play with Rugby League's true man of steel Adam Elliott. I'd think he would jump at it.