Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Foran being shopped around

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Foran would have to be the dumbest signing in club history..the person who agreed to foran price tag should never be allowed to run a business. No no no no no! 1 more year of dead wood and hopefully a few more games with Pay

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d say at the moment our coaching is challenging it. Along with lichaa when you consider it cost us Ennis, cook.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran would have to be the dumbest signing in club history..the person who agreed to foran price tag should never be allowed to run a business. No no no no no! 1 more year of dead wood and hopefully a few more games with Pay
At least they made SheRex happy to have lost his position on the leader board.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The quote says 1.2m a year... back ended is different... Eastwood was a million dollar player on his last season but that doesn’t mean he was on a mil a year.
U are correct, quote does say 1.2 mill a season. Yeah na only next season apparently.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Michael Lichaa "Hold my Beer".

Who extends the services of a player they are trying to offload, and is proven to be hopeless time after time.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who extends the services of a player they are trying to offload, and is proven to be hopeless time after time.
Yup

and Sharon Woods is a worthy runner up, points deducted due to the quick offload to the Peptides.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Foran has cost us 3 million over 3 seasons. Had not shown he could play football and stay on the paddock for 2 seasons beforehand.
Lichaa 1.5 million roughly over 5 seasons. Was a highly touted prospect like Brailey and Grant who have been mentioned as targets here.

Foran is hands down the worse signing in club history despite being a good bloke.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Disagree. Trex was worse

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran has cost us 3 million over 3 seasons. Had not shown he could play football and stay on the paddock for 2 seasons beforehand.
Lichaa 1.5 million roughly over 5 seasons. Was a highly touted prospect like Brailey and Grant who have been mentioned as targets here.

Foran is hands down the worse signing in club history despite being a good bloke.
However currently both have 10 games this year.
Foran: 3 tries, 7 try assists.
Lichaa: 0 tries, 0 try assists.

Sure he costs us more, but when hes firing he also adds so much more.

We simply don't have other options that are better.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Would anyone here support a straght swap with Ash Taylor from the Titans if they were keen?

In some ways a win-win. Both on same money. Except i couldnt see Foran wantig to leae sydney. But assume he was.

-Nasheed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would anyone here support a straght swap with Ash Taylor from the Titans if they were keen?

In some ways a win-win. Both on same money. Except i couldnt see Foran wantig to leae sydney. But assume he was.

-Nasheed.
Ash Taylor I would take him in a heartbeat, not for a mil a season though. He just needs to lose some fat and get fit and drop the ego he's had from being babied. Couple that with coaching from shifty I think we could get something out of him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Comon mate t rex was the worst signing....at least fox puts his body on the line shows passion and educating the younger guys

AyeZed

Waterboy
Reaction score
What makes you pin point Roberts not that I have a problem with that. Roberts is the 720th player in premiership history to play 150 games, a milestone achieved by just 7.5% of the 9,535 players to run out in first grade since 1908. He would be an asset moving forward especially for our young haves. He could also fill in as hooker or fullback if need be.
LMAOO lichaa isn’t too far off 150 games as well

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
True some players are born under a lucky star.
Surely the worst player to ever play 150 games in the history of the NRL.

Given mos shit players dont get to 50 games (even though it feels like they do) and very very rarely they get to 100, if they do its because they have been hidden by a goo team/player/pack.

Never in the history of the game before now has someone got to 150, with being this bad.

spine position
cant pass ball
negro please!
nasheed.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
However currently both have 10 games this year.
Foran: 3 tries, 7 try assists.
Lichaa: 0 tries, 0 try assists.

Sure he costs us more, but when hes firing he also adds so much more.

We simply don't have other options that are better.
Foran has cost us triple over the same time of Lichaa. I’m not sticking up for Lichaa because he’s a massive dud but Foran has cost us Players because he’s sucked a million a season out of the cap and is one of the reasons we suck so much because he’s never on the park. Where was he on the weekend ?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comon mate t rex was the worst signing....at least fox puts his body on the line shows passion and educating the younger guys
We are talking about cost aren’t we ? Foran has sucked the life out of this club because it’s suppose to be a salary cap competition and he’s taking up 14-11 % without ever being on the park for a considerable time. Lichaa is at around 3-4% and yes he sucks but you can at least boot him to reserves and wear it.
The sad part is Foran NEVER deserved that money. If he was on about 3-4% of the cap no one would bat an eyelid. TRex was a shambles also. Just Des looking after his mates

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are talking about cost aren’t we ? Foran has sucked the life out of this club because it’s suppose to be a salary cap competition and he’s taking up 14-11 % without ever being on the park for a considerable time. Lichaa is at around 3-4% and yes he sucks but you can at least boot him to reserves and wear it.
The sad part is Foran NEVER deserved that money. If he was on about 3-4% of the cap no one would bat an eyelid. TRex was a shambles also. Just Des looking after his mates
I don’t blame Foran though. I remember an interview with him saying that he would have come for half the price, but Des and the board offered him $1m. You’d be mad to decline an offer like that.