Napa should be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For those praising Napa yesterday yes it was a good game other than the few minutes at the end. But when you judge a player do it based on his record with us, not one game. Overall you're not going to get the metres and stats you did yesterday.

It's exactly the same as reading the recruitment suggestions, if a player has one good game we should sign them up for life, according to that thread Mitchell Moses was priority one for a few weeks, the following week it goes quiet.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Napa is injured he needs to rest. Sure he played some big minutes and he made a few errors,but he certainly is not playing as dominant as we would like or need.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For those praising Napa yesterday yes it was a good game other than the few minutes at the end. But when you judge a player do it based on his record with us, not one game. Overall you're not going to get the metres and stats you did yesterday.

It's exactly the same as reading the recruitment suggestions, if a player has one good game we should sign them up for life, according to that thread Mitchell Moses was priority one for a few weeks, the following week it goes quiet.
So you judge a player while playing on with injuries, yet forget how good he was going when fully fit.
Ok.
I agree he isn’t setting the world on fire at the moment but calling for him to be dropped is laughable.
Two way st.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he went well last night. The last 10 mins wasn’t the best. But put that down to fatigue and playing bigger minutes then expected. He played what nearly 70 last night?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you judge a player while playing on with injuries, yet forget how good he was going when fully fit.
Ok.
I agree he isn’t setting the world on fire at the moment but calling for him to be dropped is laughable.
Two way st.
No I said judge him based on his games, not one game. Has he been injured the whole season?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So he should be dropped then?
Not at all, my original post in the thread was about signing him in the first place which was rushed and to try and mask the loss of Klemmer. I don't think the money was well spent but just my opinion.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not at all, my original post in the thread was about signing him in the first place which was rushed and to try and mask the loss of Klemmer. I don't think the money was well spent but just my opinion.
Me either just wanted to check mate. Which this thread is about and some just can’t appreciate a win without constant nagging. It gets quite old.

Was the money well spent on Napa that’s the million dollar question. The club feels they needed to fill the gap left by Klemmer and thought this was its best option with no other late options available. Could’ve done a lot worse in my opinion.

Quite obvious some here hope and pray blokes like Napa drop balls and make errors just to say “I told you so”.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
So I started this thread...

Napa's loyalists are citing last night's stats as a reason to keep him in first grade. Fair enough. But...

* He only played big minutes because Sue and Tolman were injured early. Without those minutes he doesn't pump out those stats for us. Ever.
* The stats that people are quoting for last night aren't including the many missed tackles, ineffective tackles, minimal post contact metres, errors, poor reads etc.
* I don't want him dropped on the back of last night's performance, I want him dropped on the back of the entire season's performance.

As for Dean Pay loyalists suggesting we should credit the coach for last night's win...

* Knights try 1: Dogs'defense found short on the edge *again*. More than halfway through the season and teams still know that's the easiest road to points against us;
* Bulldogs try 1: Montoya, completely against the run of play and against the grain of momentum swoops on a grubber and races nearly the length of the field. We score on the next play because half the Knights' team are offside. That wasn't coaching, that was Johnny-on-the-spot right when the Dogs were completely under the pump;
* Bulldogs try 2: Knights down to 12 men causes a ridiculous lapse of judgement by Lino, CHW scores;
* Bulldogs try 3: Smith athleticism/brilliance of a good attacking kick - but keep in mind that Cogger only had one type of kick all night - high to Hymel Hunt's wing. One scoring opportunity out of about 15 kicks isn't a coached strike rate.
* Knights try 2: Napa. All Napa.

I don't credit Pay for the win, I credit the Dogs' determination and hunger to stay in the contest.

I don't credit Napa for anything. He was out there because there was nobody left to replace him and he may as well have been wearing a Knights jersey.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eye test is more important then stats, otherwise Woods would of been picked for origin last year over Campbell-Gillard...
If you like stats so much why not post the 8 miss tackles, 2 errors - 1 leading to a try when we would of been 100% home if we completed the set, 1 penalty - which gave the Knights a 8 point lead and 2 errors?
He is lazy and a flop, I can't stand watching him. I don't appreciate his style and he's past his best days.

Everyone hates on Elliott yet he was far more impressive then Napa today and doesn't get a thread and barely a mention anywhere. Lichaa's another one.

Just another thing on Napa, he shouldn't be playing big minutes, so I guess it's fair to be giving him a pat on the back for that, but reality is, he's a 30 minute bench player, if he can get the impact back in his game. When that should be your role and you're getting paid 650k a year, it's just frustrating to see as a fan.
Hahahahaha omg! Hahahaha so many dumb people on this forum

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a Dean Pay signing. Pay lovers can't blame this on Hasler or the previous board.

It was a rushed, desperate signing by a coach and board trying to mask the loss of Klemmer.

Was absolutely unnecessary.
Yes it was a terrible signing. Not sure what this guy has got to offer the team. 0 in my opinion. Thought he might energise the team a bit when he arrived. he is just awful as a player and just so useless.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks pay.. but no thanks !!

And that’s very unfortunate, hopes were high for this signing.. and like when you came on Board as coach.

Oops , fail.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We're stuck with him now I guess. I wouldn't be so pissed if we had got him for cheaper and used only as a benchy.

As much as I don't think too highly of him, i dont believe he warrants being dropped atm.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dylan garfield napa the biggest cat to pull on a bulldogs jersey, runs with no effort, cant tackle for shit, all hes good for is eating lasagne

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
dylan garfield napa the biggest cat to pull on a bulldogs jersey, runs with no effort, cant tackle for shit, all hes good for is eating lasagne
Lol i have to agree with all u say especially about the lasagne bit.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So I started this thread...

Napa's loyalists are citing last night's stats as a reason to keep him in first grade. Fair enough. But...

* He only played big minutes because Sue and Tolman were injured early. Without those minutes he doesn't pump out those stats for us. Ever.
* The stats that people are quoting for last night aren't including the many missed tackles, ineffective tackles, minimal post contact metres, errors, poor reads etc.
* I don't want him dropped on the back of last night's performance, I want him dropped on the back of the entire season's performance.

As for Dean Pay loyalists suggesting we should credit the coach for last night's win...

* Knights try 1: Dogs'defense found short on the edge *again*. More than halfway through the season and teams still know that's the easiest road to points against us;
* Bulldogs try 1: Montoya, completely against the run of play and against the grain of momentum swoops on a grubber and races nearly the length of the field. We score on the next play because half the Knights' team are offside. That wasn't coaching, that was Johnny-on-the-spot right when the Dogs were completely under the pump;
* Bulldogs try 2: Knights down to 12 men causes a ridiculous lapse of judgement by Lino, CHW scores;
* Bulldogs try 3: Smith athleticism/brilliance of a good attacking kick - but keep in mind that Cogger only had one type of kick all night - high to Hymel Hunt's wing. One scoring opportunity out of about 15 kicks isn't a coached strike rate.
* Knights try 2: Napa. All Napa.

I don't credit Pay for the win, I credit the Dogs' determination and hunger to stay in the contest.

I don't credit Napa for anything. He was out there because there was nobody left to replace him and he may as well have been wearing a Knights jersey.
Drop him for who? And yeah he played big minutes cause we needed him too and it was a good thing he could do it. Some errors at the end masked a solid effort for a guy carrying injuries. We know he’s not a metre eater or big minute player but fuck your a bit harsh if you don’t think he put a big effort in last night.... carrying injuries and playing extra minutes... SMH...

Status
Not open for further replies.