Lachlan Lewis

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fully expect LL to be named as half later today, probably Holland back too. I have been privileged to follow our great club since mid 1960s, all the champion players since then. Imo LL shows as much potential as most of our greats, not all eg. Baa, Turvey etc. We got a glimpse of his potential last year, second year in still working on his game with the coaching staff. Last year it was noticeable that other players were more confident with him in the side, at the moment his game is still evolving but we have seen in his relatively small number of games that he can do things only very good footballers can.
Why would you want Pay to coach Lewis? The further Lewis gets away from pays shit game plans the better he will become.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not true. I literally said he should've been picked well before the circle jerk started on him. However I knew his limitations as I had seen him play in the lower grades and not just fapped over a few firstgrade games. Bloke has gone backwards and hasn't improved in the slightest, he had 2 months to do something and didn't deliver at all. He needs to play in reserves and improve his game and let someone else have a shot, would also help if worked out if wants to be a half or 5/8.
Did you see how he played in the CC game on Sunday?

Go Dogs

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis was making way to many tackles for a half... he looked spent by half time...

In my opinion, both Lewis and Cogger need to improve dramatically. Like others on this forum have called for, we need a halves coach, cause both have not improved under Dean Pay...
Also, whether you love or hate Cogger, he is our halfback, cause he is a Dean Pay signing...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can anyone actually point to a play in a game where Lewis has "flashes of Baa and Turvey"

What an absolutely ridiculous and out there statement.

I think he is in the bottom 5 halves of potential for the last 25 years.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone actually point to a play in a game where Lewis has "flashes of Baa and Turvey"

What an absolutely ridiculous and out there statement.

I think he is in the bottom 5 halves of potential for the last 25 years.
Well if that is the case then cogger is right at the bottom ....the bottom of a huge well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis was making way to many tackles for a half... he looked spent by half time...

In my opinion, both Lewis and Cogger need to improve dramatically. Like others on this forum have called for, we need a halves coach, cause both have not improved under Dean Pay...
Also, whether you love or hate Cogger, he is our halfback, cause he is a Dean Pay signing...
I like many were going crook at Pay before the trial against Canberra because the rumours were that Cogger was going to start over Lewis... everyone was losing their mind over it. So despite the fact that Cogger is a "pay signing" he still picked Lewis and ran with him until he had to be dropped. That says to me that Lewis will get his jersey back when he's proved he deserves it back, either that or when Foran next injury. Halves coach, I've accepted the fact we are never going to have one again lol... feel like 2012 was the last time we had one.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a wankfest over an average player.

looks like there is quite a few folks who swing it the wrong way

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to work out why I just don't get the Lewis hate.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea and that's cool but late last year when we were at a low point (which still continues) he was something positive to take out of our season.

I honestly believe he has to be in the team in any spot. I don't care if it's the centres, 7, 9, 13 or last resort #14 jersey. Learn the crafts so he can improve.

He's young but he has potential and I'm not talking Mbye potential.

How many are we going to force out of the club?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder what people are looking at when they rate players. If Pay continues to ignore Lewis he will be another Thurston, Cook, Finucane et al that the dogs let slip through their fingers. Lewis is good and brings enthusiasm. Pay seems to have no people management skills and even less ability to analyse opposition strengths and weaknesses and pass those onto players in key positions and come up with an effective game plan.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I fully expect LL to be named as half later today, probably Holland back too. I have been privileged to follow our great club since mid 1960s, all the champion players since then. Imo LL shows as much potential as most of our greats, not all eg. Baa, Turvey etc. We got a glimpse of his potential last year, second year in still working on his game with the coaching staff. Last year it was noticeable that other players were more confident with him in the side, at the moment his game is still evolving but we have seen in his relatively small number of games that he can do things only very good footballers can.
I agree, the team and coach are just so friggen shite right now that no half could look good

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a fan of the kid. He has areas of his game to improve on definitely. But fuck me he’s played what, 15 games? This place is way too tough on him. He’ll be back in FG soon and he’ll kill it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Might only be a kid but has loads of natural ability, not robotic like LL.

Some lovely short balls, slight of hands, the ability to run to the line and deliver a deft kick when he looks like he’s about to pass, quick etc.

He looks at least very promising.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Might only be a kid but has loads of natural ability, not robotic like LL.
Some lovely short balls, slight of hands, the ability to run to the line and deliver a deft kick when he looks like he’s about to pass, quick etc.
He looks at least very promising.
Nah, the RFM hairstyle ruins it :smirk:
A scouting video always shows the highlights, never the low lights.

Go Dogs

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, the RFM hairstyle ruins it :smirk:
A scouting video always shows the highlights, never the low lights.

Go Dogs
Yeah absolutely, but if you were to watch a highlights video of Cogger and/or Lewis, you just wouldn’t see this natural attacking ability...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely, but if you were to watch a highlights video of Cogger and/or Lewis, you just wouldn’t see this natural attacking ability...
What this bloke has going for him was the people he's passing the ball to are hungry and wanting the ball, not many in our squad are hitting them holes at that pace.
I really dont see much more in this bloke than what I see running around some local comps to be honest.