Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
hmm fair enough, however wouldnt it be better to keep Lewis in the one position all season?
It's a tough call..... I wouldn't be planning the season around Foran, in all honesty......he's gone for at least half the season and who knows how long he'll last when he returns. I'd just play who we have to their strengths. Foran has gained a lot of respect from me this year, but I do not think he's our answer. There's no doubt he can be very good when fit, but this injury may well undo the confidence he's built up over the pre-season.

At very least I'd have Cogger doing more organising early on and Lewis gradually taking on a more organisational role as the weeks progress and he warms to the role. He has around three months to become more comfortable in the role. He's looked a bit out of sorts so far this year. Kinda like Foran did last year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We do a fair few syndesmosis repairs at work. 3 month is worst case scenario. Reckon he will be back in 8 weeks
Tolman had surgery for it last year and missed 10 games I think.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colour me shocked, more shocked he lasted 3 rounds before breaking down

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a tough call..... I wouldn't be planning the season around Foran, in all honesty......he's gone for at least half the season and who knows how long he'll last when he returns. I'd just play who we have to their strengths. Foran has gained a lot of respect from me this year, but I do not think he's our answer. There's no doubt he can be very good when fit, but this injury may well undo the confidence he's built up over the pre-season.

At very least I'd have Cogger doing more organising early on and Lewis gradually taking on a more organisational role as the weeks progress and he warms to the role. He has around three months to become more comfortable in the role. He's looked a bit out of sorts so far this year. Kinda like Foran did last year.
Fair enough I definitely agree with all that.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly this is worse than a 50-0 loss.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was that lad that came out a couple of days ago and said Foran was gone with a syndesmosis injury, but was shot down by "other" credible sources?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The spoon is ours!

Medically retire him, he can be our halves coach moving forward.

It's unfortunate but we can't afford to be paying someone marquee $ to play a few games per year.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran played well but if you look at him closely his body cannot stand the rigors of an NRL season any more

He doesn't have the strength and looks like he could give way at any time Old mans body

Will never again be like he was at manly

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
How the fuck do you miss 3 months with a sprained ankle. April fools was yesterday you *****.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bloke should retire and take a 1.2mil a year (19 and 20) halves coaching job with us

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure Twin Turbo and co will come out and say how after this next surgery he'll be in the best shape of his career and how all of his past injuries are figments of my imagination....
It was a bit of a freak incident, with a leg under and then another landing on him with weight. Maybe you need to look up where the syndesmosis ligament is located and what it does. Not at all likely to be in any way related to other injuries. Toleman has had a syndesmosis injury in the past, last year so did Elliot, same as Wakeham earlier this year. I could also mention Lichaa and Barba who have had syndesmosis injuries in their time. No imagination required, just an injury that happens to NRL players, far too often unfortunately.

FWIW, like most ligament tears, it's a bitch of an injury, unstable (requires surgery to re attach) or stable (no surgery) takes a long time to heal and needs careful management.

Go Dogs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly feel like I've been personally robbed $1M lol