Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If pay exits early.. Which is likely..

I would have to say griffin (short term)
Holbrook or walker brothers (long term)

If you have to get one for now to get better results for the next year or two fine, if not load up now on A good long term Coach an sign either of the above..!!

It’s all speculation though lol.
Gurantee I will know if it’s the walker Bros, I buy my stone from their brother in Ipswich he’s a mate of mine I’ll let the secrets out.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money Bill Williams captain-coach

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone reackon James graham could be a good coach? Or have some mentor type coaching role? I really love his attitude about stop being pussy pc ***** and get on with it and being totally against that politics that’s infiltrated the game. I know that great mentality doesn’t equal a great coach but yeah would love him around the boys

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd like the walker bros to be given a go.
They are attack orientated and think outside the square.
Something different than the run of mill coaches
Attack is something we have been missing since Kevin Moore coached us.
Other than that Nielsen Henry is a good option or dymock.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like the walker bros to be given a go.
They are attack orientated and think outside the square.
Something different than the run of mill coaches
Attack is something we have been missing since Kevin Moore coached us.
Other than that Nielsen Henry is a good option or dymock.
Back end 2011 with Dymock and 2012 was some of the best attack I have seen

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mick (the original Grub) Ennis, still young, superb communicator, great RL brain long term proposition IMO sam as I have explained on another thread.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No noobs would be my only request. Roster and cap management are more important then coaching IMO. It’s a bit up in the air with him but offer Flanagan an offer he couldn’t refuse. Would be more then the Sharks could offer him if he were allowed back to the coaching ranks next year.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really like career coaches. Coaches that have managed several different teams. Pay was an assistant coach. Never the top dog. And it’s so much easier to manage an origin team because there is no training. No player development. No selection of players. You literally have a team and just execute on game day.

His greatest downfall so far (all be it after a year) was that he hasn’t coached previously. He hasn’t had to manage players, salary caps, defensive structures, attacking options. He was an assistant. So he followed the head coaches lead.

In saying all this. I think the best option for the club. Someone that knows the culture and has the runs on the board having had success with several different clubs. It had to be Holbrook. Former player. Won a few premierships as a reserve grade coach. Personnel management would be good (imagine having to motivate Barba, kasiano, Reynolds to perform in reggies after being dropped). I think he’s done his apprenticeship as opposed to pay who was never really a career coach.

But in saying all this I still think dymock was hard done by. He deserved his shot in 2012 but was dicked. He should have taken over mid year 2017 but we somehow stupidly offered Hasler another deal. Like literally spastic move. And he should have had the 2 year deal pay got in 2018 and see.

And to be honest. The guy probably had a chance to leave several times in the past (was at the club for 10+ years). There was interest from the panthers and the eels. But he always stuck around. Only to be dicked 3 timed. No lube no Condom.

So Holbrook or dymock for mine. I’m sure there are way better options. But for our club and our heritage it’s between them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What we really needed was Wayne Bennett when he was available and a side deal to get some Brisbane talent with him. He respects the dogs and wouldn’t have hesitated. There’s mny quotes of him saying our club is special.

I would target Geoff Toovey or Barrett. Manly have created some talented coaches and they always leave in dubious circumstances not surrounding their talent as coaches but Ill treatment from management.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What we really needed was Wayne Bennett when he was available and a side deal to get some Brisbane talent with him. He respects the dogs and wouldn’t have hesitated. There’s mny quotes of him saying our club is special.

I would target Geoff Toovey or Barrett. Manly have created some talented coaches and they always leave in dubious circumstances not surrounding their talent as coaches but Ill treatment from management.
Haven’t you learnt ya lesson from the last Manly coach we had here ‍♂

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also look to England. England is Diet NRL and the coaches get exposed to it all over there.
If you look at all the recent premiership winners and hotshots, they have come from England stints.
Maguire, Robinson, Nathan Brown, Bennett. Etc

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would target Geoff Toovey or Barrett.
No to both of these for me, especially Barrett. It's not worth fucking Pay off unless it's a significant upgrade IMO. Best to be patient till we can secure that than buy someone out of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.