Official Round 3 - Dogs vs Tigers - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy that Meaney and Okunbur have been promoted, but they did not have good games in the Canterbury Cup.. And Pay said the guys in the reggies had been putting pressure on first grade .. I agree that Martin and Ogden certainly have, but Smith, Meaney and Okunbur not so much ... so Pay Is appearing quite desperate atm and actually lying to fans..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s only won the brad Fittler medal playing origin at lock
No biggie
That would be relevant if he was playing behind a SOO level forward pack. But he isn't, so it isn't.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you believe it...

Pay Pay Pay.. Still not happy!

Jacko over Elliot PLEASEEEEEE!!!

Martin should take Jackos spot next to Lewis so someone can run lines for Lewi.

Finally put CHN on an edge and next to Foran, watch the lines he runs for Foran and should strengthen D.

Cant believe you put Hoppa back in right centre next to Foran.. RETARD! Hoppa plays his best footy down the LEFT EDGE!!

RFM should be on the bench and Martin STARTING.

Drop the SECOND HOOKER U IDIOT!

BLIND AS A BAT!

Left edge, Okunbor / Hoppa / Martin / Lewis

Right edge, Smith / Holland / CHN / Foran - Harper for Holland if he chokes again.

Middle, Napa / Lichaa / Jacko / Tolman - Best D we can conjure up

Bench, Ogden / Eliiot / Smith / RFM

This is ALMOST exactly what I want to see.
Except, it surprised me that JMK was actually close to decent in hooker on the weekend bar some missed tackles.
The passing was much better and he made some good scoots.
Drop Lichaa entirely and have RFM on the bench.
Your edge combos are on point.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy that Meaney and Okunbur have been promoted, but they did not have good games in the Canterbury Cup.. And Pay said the guys in the reggies had been putting pressure on first grade .. I agree that Martin and Ogden certainly have, but Smith, Meaney and Okunbur not so much ... so Pay Is appearing quite desperate atm and actually lying to fans..
What would you rather at centre and wing? Montoya and chrichton? Lol

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want to give away the world best secret but the team should be:

1. Meaney
2. Montoya
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Napa
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. Martin
12. Jacko
13. Elliott

14. RFM
15. CHN
16. Ogden
17. C. Smith
Montoya is DONE.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you read my opening line at all ?? ??
Yes and you are calling the coach desperate and a liar because you feel that those two didn’t have good games. End of the day you have to make the BEST decision regardless if they had shit games or good games in ressies.

I won’t mention the million other scenarios that could have resulted in those two being replaced.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes and you are calling the coach desperate and a liar because you feel that those two didn’t have good games. End of the day you have to make the BEST decision regardless if they had shit games or good games in ressies.

I won’t mention the million other scenarios that could have resulted in those two being replaced.
they didn't have good games, the whole preseason discussion was that positions would be earned on merit.. Especially Meaney, he had a shocker against wenty.. Doesn't send a good message to the squad..

But like I said I'm glad they are there, because we may as well start blooding these guys..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they didn't have good games, the whole preseason discussion was that positions would be earned on merit.. Especially Meaney, he had a shocker against wenty.. Doesn't sent a good message to the squad..

But like I said I'm glad they are there, because we may as well start blooding these guys..
Yeah but keeping these (mainly Montoya) shit ***** in the team also sends a bad message. Point is you need to select the best team, and Montoya is definitely part of that, and Okunbor could be part of it.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but keeping these (mainly Montoya) shit ***** in the team also sends a bad message. Point is you need to select the best team, and Montoya is definitely part of that, and Okunbor could be part of it.
there should be no reason Montoya ever sees a first grade bulldogs jersey again..

the point I'm trying to make, is you lose credibility doing the opposite to what you suggest.. he should of said in the presser, I'm going to make changes because things a clearly not working .. he would have won more respect just being honest.. he tried to make out like things were fine in the presser..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there should be no reason Montoya ever sees a first grade bulldogs jersey again..

the point I'm trying to make, is you lose credibility doing the opposite to what you suggest.. he should of said in the presser, I'm going to make changes because things a clearly not working .. he would have won more respect just being honest.. he tried to make out like things were fine in the presser..
I think (hope) a lot goes on behind the doors that don’t necessarily match what is shown to the public

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers = 14 years no big ones

Go Dogs
Not to mention 7 years without making the semi's. Who the fuck cant make the semi's for 7 years straight in the salary cap era ??

Even Parra have made the semi's since 2011

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post and really good insight into what's happening. I can't argue with most of the things you said. These things obvioulsy played a part.
For 30 minutes we actually played really really well, so Pay must be doing at least something right.
Where we faulted was when the momentum changed, for some reason when Parra started getting more of the ball we didn't know how to respond. We just didn't absorb the pressure well.
Momentum is going to change in a game multiple times in 80 mins of footy. For some reason when it was 18-10(parra scored three tries in a row) we shit ourselves and hit the panic button, tried to play catch up footy and threw some dumb passes that got intercepted and the score hit 30-10 game over red rover. At 18-10, we were still in the game, we needed to roll our sleeves up, kick to the corners, play set for set footy, wear them down and eventually the tide would have turned our way again. We lacked patience, composure, experience and leadership. I don't care what anyone says, Parra are rubblish, they didn't win it, we gifted them the win.
Just another theory. Dont think players consciously decide not to put in the effort. However when their motivation isnt at the right level, they put in for 20, 30 mins and when the going gets tough, the body hurting, the opps step up another gear etc, they dont have the drive to push themselves further. Not saying that was the case last sunday but it could possibly be the reason, couldnt it?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just another theory. Dont think players consciously decide not to put in the effort. However when their motivation isnt at the right level, they put in for 20, 30 mins and when the going gets tough, the body hurting, the opps step up another gear etc, they dont have the drive to push themselves further. Not saying that was the case last sunday but it could possibly be the reason, couldnt it?
Of course it can, there's more than one thing at play here.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That would be relevant if he was playing behind a SOO level forward pack. But he isn't, so it isn't.

Go Dogs
But he’s not playing against a qld origin standard side every week is he???

He should be moved on or play lock simple

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is ALMOST exactly what I want to see.
Except, it surprised me that JMK was actually close to decent in hooker on the weekend bar some missed tackles.
The passing was much better and he made some good scoots.
Drop Lichaa entirely and have RFM on the bench.
Your edge combos are on point.
JMK threw a 20m rocket that was dead set impressive on the weekend. He didn't scoot much but he scooted. His defence was ok.
His biggest issues are fatigue and nothing clever about what he does. His worth toiling with and probably should get a good 5 straight games under his belt as starting hooker BUT time and time again when I see Lichaa, I just see a natural hooker at the ruck. Yes Lichaa aint the best but he can pull shit of his arse be it when that decides to happen. He can also defend for the 80 whilst someone else can jump into hooker.

Bottom line for me... Lichaa's a wanker BUT I still see Lichaa as my preferred rake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
JMK threw a 20m rocket that was dead set impressive on the weekend. He didn't scoot much but he scooted. His defence was ok.
His biggest issues are fatigue and nothing clever about what he does. His worth toiling with and probably should get a good 5 straight games under his belt as starting hooker BUT time and time again when I see Lichaa, I just see a natural hooker at the ruck. Yes Lichaa aint the best but he can pull shit of his arse be it when that decides to happen. He can also defend for the 80 whilst someone else can jump into hooker.

Bottom line for me... Lichaa's a wanker BUT I still see Lichaa as my preferred rake.
Lichaa is just warming the seat until Nu Brown gets a game or a few under his belt and takes the bench spot.

JMK for 50, Brown for 30 is the perfect hooker lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.