Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can really see Napa/To'omaga/Ogden forming a terrifying front row rotation.

Watch from 4:00 and watch how good To'omaga looks:
I can see that too but..... we need Lewis or Meaney to make themselves available for the offload. We need a Teddy/Turbo/Slater/Barba fullback who will follow the play and the forwards and put themselves in a position same way Cleeland did in the ISP GF

Malla

Reaction score
One thing I love about this signing is the fact he brings 'intimidation factor' all the good sides have/had it somewhere.

They make the opposition detract from their normal game. Manly had it in Steve Matai, All Blacks had it in Jerry Collins in terms of defence, Queensland had it in Inglis in attack. Players don't like going near them with the ball through fear of copping a big hit or they pick their side in terms of containing them (Inglis). For years NSW picked a right centre to contain Inglis.

It's not something that can ever be measured in stats or put a price on but it still plays a huge part in the games of rugby and rugby league and to people who may not have played at a high level it is always underestimated and under valued.

Deano is slowly shaping this roster into the side he likes, I hope we persist with him through 2019 and we all start to judge him in 2020 when he will have close to the side he has picked and moulded.
Well said. We have a hard nosed team that should be up to compete week in week out. We might not have the most talented team or roster... but if you have a team that competes every tackle then youre in with a chance and I think this is the foundation of the team that Pay is creating. It was vital we got rid of players from the old regime - unfortunately it meant losing guys like the Morris boys, Graham, and now Klem, but I think it will be for the long term benefit of the club in general.

I wanna see more Dogs of War in 2019!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, I want to be a bunch of hard ***** and to be known to be hard ***** to install the old Dogs of War mentality on these opposition soy boys.
Wouldn't mind a few losses if napa and our pack smash every opposition pack. it's been a while since our pack was feared

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There really is a saturation of soy in our game now... Klemmer ooh Pearcey gave me a book on spirituality.. fuck outta here

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There really is a saturation of soy in our game now... Klemmer ooh Pearcey gave me a book on spirituality.. fuck outta here
He’s a liar, it was actually a colouring book and it was a gift to Klems kids and he kept it for himself

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's so pussey whipped I bet when they ask if he wants fries with that he has to call her and get permission.

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
According to NRL stats: sixth best with Taumalolo the only forward ahead of him the other places filled by backs:

408 runs for 3982 metres @ 9.75 metres average per run. Average per game ( 22 appearances) - 181 metres

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liking his attitude in the press conference all bulldogs positive no I thought I was going to be roosters for ever etc

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s amazing to think that he used to have the record (maybe still does) for offloads in NYC.

Has it been coached out of him?
I think it's because he is playing against guys the same size or close to it. When I saw him play in the 20s he looked gigantic compared to everyone else. Way easier to offload when people are smaller and can't wrap you up.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His offloads in NYC were so awkward he literary just dropped the ball out the back because he was so much taller and lanky then anyone else
And he was huge. I'm sure he was 120 oddkgs and lost weight coming into first grade.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
His attitude is definitely impressive, hopefully he grabs the leadership role with both hands and stands up to lead the pack.
I was very supportive of this signing since the rumour started, can’t wait for round 1 and his first hit up.

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And winning a game often comes down to a few seconds of inspiration from one player, that lifts the team. Bobcats tackle on Crocker, we were stuffed until then, hands on hips, knackered, about to lose and that one tackle lifted the spirits. Inspiration.

If we have to play like Melbourne to win then I'd much rather see us lose playing like Bulldogs.

Go Dogs
I thought it was Walker TT or is my memory fading?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2019, Napa wearing the almighty Blue n White jersey, i want to see the following players put to sleep in order.

1. Klemmer
2. Pearce
3. Sam Burgess
4. Gallen
5. Mitchell Moses

I love this but would definitely need to see Cameron Smith, Dylan Walker, Josh McGuire & Munster on this list