The Slater shoulder charge thread - Update: Now Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Cameron Smith retires as well, or cops an injury stopping him from reaching the 400 game milestone (which is the only reason he'll play on for).
Also hope he retires so he doesn’t break Hazems pointscoring record. Which I think he could break if he plays on

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also hope he retires so he doesn’t break Hazems pointscoring record. Which I think he could break if he plays on
Didnt he come out during the week and say he is playing on for another year?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didnt he come out during the week and say he is playing on for another year?
On Friday night, he hinted he may retire if the Storm win the GF.

But he said that, to take heat from Slater.

Some people actually believed him. lmao

Last edited:

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to miss a GF over that but rules are rules. Hoping he plays cause I don't think Melbourne have a chance without him & Roosters get Nappa/Mitchell back.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember Josh Moz doing this a few years ago, did he get suspended or was it just a penalty?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe he should be cleared as it was not a real shoulder charge. He hit Feki with the front part of his shoulder, which is his chest.
All the snowflakes like Fittler are talking garbage and using the NRL line.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just another reason to dislike the NRL. Instead of discussing the game and the Grand final we are looking at freeze framed shots of which part touched what, pulling out our rule books to discuss the legalities etc.. For what? A tackle that did fuck all. The game is truly a joke and I am really starting to hate what it has become.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Fittler has a strong tie to the Roosters and he is just putting in his two bobs worth to influence the decision and favour his side.....should be totally ignored

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get this picture. But what about his left shoulder? His arm is down by his side. It’s a shoulder charge. There’s a side on angle of this pic. His right arm is a foot away from the player. It’s a shoulder charge.

Personally I don’t think it warrants a suspension. But by the laws it’s a shoulder charge and deserves a week. People say he shouldn’t miss a GF. Well what about his grub acts that went unnoticed? 08 GF flying in studs up on the winger. TWICE. Then the karate kick to Klemmers head in 2013.

Fuck the ****. Suspend him. End of story. See ya slater. Ya fucking grub.
He also used his legs to try and take out Perrett in the 2012 grand final and tackled Josh Morris without the ball in the same game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The state of the NRL is embarrassing. That incident should acrue points but not enough to miss a game.

I'd be fuming if one of our players missed a game let alone a grand final for try saver like that.
Absolutely! It was a try saver without any malicious intent. I hope he gets off and they reassess the shoulder charge situation allowing it on certain occasions.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL need Billy to play, his contribution to the game has been enormous to shut him out of his final GF would be harsh, he didn't coat hanger him and a penalty should be enough.
Bring back the shoulder charge, hope the tall poppy Billy hate doesn't cost him.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fuck billy hes a grub and deserves to be rubbed out.
Besides, Cronk looks like he will miss out as well through injury. Cronk is a bigger loss for the roosters considering storm can push Munster back to fullback which would be the correct move imo.
Storm would win in this case and would've won if both teams are healthy. Bellamy to give that fraud robinson a footballing lesson this Sunday.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He also used his legs to try and take out Perrett in the 2012 grand final and tackled Josh Morris without the ball in the same game.
That JMoz interference was fucked! Conniving pricks said he was going for the ball, when all he did was stop JMoz have any chance of competing for it...killed any chance we had of scoring and getting on a roll.

Fuck him, as much as I hate the chooks,
Hope he misses the GF

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slater is a **** and it would be HILARIOUS if misses his last game due to suspension but by the fucked up letter of the law it's a shoulder charge. I don't think he, or anyone else for that matter, should miss an entire game for that. Being suspended a week is almost the equivalent of being sent off in the first minute. Too harsh.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I just want Slater to play so there is a better chance of Roosters losing.
Cronk is fucked and even if by some miracle he plays, he's nothing but a sitting duck.

Melbourne have this. Remember, NRL have to have their fairytale and a strong Melbourne franchise/business/team. Gotta keep those eight supporters happy.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Either way, I won’t be watching. The NRLOL can shove this years GF if they still let Melbourne thumb their noses up at the rest of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.