Warren Smith is 100% right

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly do you want him to do?

The choice of Holland on the bench is so dumb for me and not playing brown in the halves but besides tjat you need to explain why his so bad?
I really don't get why having holland on the bench is so dumb? its actually benefited us at least twice this year when an outside back has gone down and he actually comes on and gives good service and defends quite well. For the 15 minutes of game time he or nu brown would get, holland probably provides more benefit

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What exactly do you want him to do?

The choice of Holland on the bench is so dumb for me and not playing brown in the halves but besides tjat you need to explain why his so bad?
I just can't get my head around people continually bagging Pay when there are more significant problems at our club that we are currently dealing with.
Like I mean he's got 18 months left on his contract which isn't a very long time, there's no way we are doing anything on the field in the next 18 months until we sort out our playing roster and be in a position to buy some gun players.

If he doesn't improve by the end of next year, then the board will punt him if they think he's not good enough, at least then you will have an excellent roster and a coach of their choice.
Why all the whinging and crying? Bunch of sooks and pussies

There is only one reason I can think of, maybe people are still butt hurt that Pay left to go to parra in 1996.

I also thank my lucky stars that some on here don't run the club.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just can't get my head around people continually bagging Pay when there are more significant problems at our club that we are currently dealing with.
This is how I see the state of the club that the new board and coach inherited.

In signing Foran and Woods they pushed us in and walked away - we were always going to fall for a while before we could climb out.

I'm not 100% certain Pay is the right man to get us firing on the field, but I do know it's too early to say he's a failure or a dud. I'm not sure any coach could arrest this fall in a single season with the cap disaster looming large in every players mind and uncertainty about almost everyones future at the club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From a tactical, strategic and common sense coaching point of view....Pay is failing miserably

Insert ‘shit spine’ comment here

Lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't get why having holland on the bench is so dumb? its actually benefited us at least twice this year when an outside back has gone down and he actually comes on and gives good service and defends quite well. For the 15 minutes of game time he or nu brown would get, holland probably provides more benefit

Good service?
The guy has no idea and you can tell he has never played there

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Elliot is one of the better forwards then you know the club is in serious trouble.

Rfm didn't look as good as he does now when he was in ISP or given a 10min spell under Hasler but he always had the skills.

Tualau is the same and needs more than a small spell when given a chance in 1st grade. He could be shit or he could be a future prospect. Until Pay learns how to use his bench and utilise his juniors better they aren't going to set the world on fire.

As for Olive, it doesn't help when u have the world's worst winger outside him. How did Olive go previous to these games when he had Bmoz outside him.... Hmmm yeah I thought so...
Hes not fit enough mate. Not coaches fault taulau doesnt want it bad enough. Pay cant follow the fat **** around and stop him from eating shit.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a tactical, strategic and common sense coaching point of view....Pay is failing miserably

Insert ‘shit spine’ comment here

Lol
Yeh i think your being a little harsh. How do u even coach anything when u have a top 30 squad and in that top 30 not one bloke can pass or kick properly. Even our dumby half can only pass one way. I wouldnt even train if i was coach id be taking them to the pub untill we got half a dozen footballers on the books.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh i think your being a little harsh. How do u even coach anything when u have a top 30 squad and in that top 30 not one bloke can pass or kick properly. Even our dumby half can only pass one way. I wouldnt even train if i was coach id be taking them to the pub untill we got half a dozen footballers on the books.
I always thought a coach was there to teach players and improve them ....

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
His defence strategy works fine on the other side of the field.
To be fair Morris boys are in a league of their own when it comes to defence. It's more they are brilliant defenders than Pay's structure. Inglis has said the hardest players to get around are Whare and J Moz.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Morris brothers neeed to teach their crafts to the other side. I believe they work best by JMoz allowing space on his outside. Just enough to encourage the attacking player to head towards the wing. When that choice is made, BMoz moves up straight on, and JMoz closes off from the side (blocking the offloading and assisting them over the sideline). Add in a fast defensive fullback and that move could get even better.

Tis a very hard move for an attacker to get around. Either they come back in field, conceed a tackle, or go out.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d just like to be the first to congratulate Raelene for transferring her just plain brilliant and basically outstanding knowledge of rugby league to the world of raa raa. I never thought it possible that the Wallabies would lose a series to Ireland at home, but somehow she made it possible. Well done Vicar of Dipley. Hopefully there’s a ceo role at Collingwood that you can slide into soon, cause, you know, they probably need to tick some diversity boxes too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I’d just like to be the first to congratulate Raelene for transferring her just plain brilliant and basically outstanding knowledge of rugby league to the world of raa raa. I never thought it possible that the Wallabies would lose a series to Ireland at home, but somehow she made it possible. Well done Vicar of Dipley. Hopefully there’s a ceo role at Collingwood that you can slide into soon, cause, you know, they probably need to tick some diversity boxes too.
hahaha fucks up everywhere she goes.

Only thing she'd be good at for is selling wigs at a wig shop.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ireland are the 6 Nations champions and ranked 2nd in the world.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ireland are the 6 Nations champions and ranked 2nd in the world.
how dare you know facts about Ra Ra.. Your begging for a permaban :tearsofjoy:

I didn't realise people still watched union in Australia :D

Status
Not open for further replies.