Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So on the quiet carriages.... are you allowed to audibly fart?
Normally the loudest thing in them from my experience (apart from the announcements every stop) is some cranky old **** telling people "it' a quiet carriage!"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the story was. The gasbag in question probably rang up after it cut out and kept retrying until reception was back.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
When I use to catch trains on the Bankstown Line I almost learned Hindi because of the amount of loud mouth Indian chicks nattering without the slightest indifferent that they are not the only person on the carriage the entire journey from Central to Belmore..

Ala the Simpsons what I picked up was "Sala" seems to mean "jerk". I think "Manjula" means some kind of spaceship.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never been in a Quiet Carriage, they are not in my line, a quiet carriage would be nice

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No but every fucking time im on one it seems i have the worlds biggest fart brewing .
I was in one today actually. Only from central to strathfield (I think it was a Richmond Train).

Someone did an extremely long and loud final slurp on their boost juice or wherever. It went for an eternity. Pretty funny, as I was just waiting for someone to go off.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think buses will replace trains that day.

No point going to work, i might just work from home

Wahesh

Reaction score
Working from home. Will be a quiet day anyway, most people tend to take a long weekend around Australia Day.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No joke... I was playing Soul Hunters on my iPad yesterday then the opal pass inspectors came through checking tickets. They try their best to be friendly and charismatic, I'll give them that, unlike the former train ticket inspectors who all wore gray, and were downright assholes.

Anyway the guy checked my pass and saw that I was playing it, and he says to me "Are you winning?" and I said to him... "err... I just lost" (which is what happened). The bloke cursed the good run I was on LOL.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fuck this shit. The union should be disbanded, they're the biggest bunch of criminals there is.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
No joke... I was playing Soul Hunters on my iPad yesterday then the opal pass inspectors came through checking tickets. They try their best to be friendly and charismatic, I'll give them that, unlike the former train ticket inspectors who all wore gray, and were downright assholes.

Anyway the guy checked my pass and saw that I was playing it, and he says to me "Are you winning?" and I said to him... "err... I just lost" (which is what happened). The bloke cursed the good run I was on LOL.
Grey Dogs I can tell you some stories about them.