Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It seemed like the days of Hasler-watch were over once the Bulldogs announced his contract extension for the next two years earlier in the season.

However, speaking on Triple M Saturday NRL, Triple M and Fox Sports' James Hooper has revealed that the situation is far from resolved. Listen to the full report below.

"The Dogs are barking at Belmore," Hoops said.

"It's in relation to Des Hasler. We know that Des only signed a new deal a couple of months back and that's for next season and the year after.

"The next three weeks for the Dogs is crucial.

"I think if they lose all of the next three games, Des is on pretty shaky ground.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...at-the-bulldogs-may-explode-in-the-next-month

"They needed some stability because they wanted to sign some players, and the players who they wanted to sign needed to know who the coach was going to be.

"So that was why they decided they were going to extend Des for a couple of seasons, but as I understand it, I think there's a clause in the contract which says that if they do decide that Des isn't the right man to be the head coach, rather than having to pay him out in full, it's capped at around $600,000.

"Results over the next month are going to be crucial for the Bulldogs and the drums are beating."

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I hate saying this I don't think he's going anywhere before the end of next year.

If the club do terminate his contract and have to pay him $600k after doing a deal a matter of months ago the whole board have to go for mine.

Dib is obviously trying to save face and hold onto his own position. He asked fans to judge him at the end of the season, I really hope those that can vote remember what he said.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great. This came from Triple M and the super sleuth James Hooper. Now I know for sure he'll be here or at least another two and half years.

Every rumour on Triple M always leads to the exact opposite happening. If they came out and said Des will be here the full length of the contract I'd be over the moon because that would mean he'd be fired.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As much as I hate saying this I don't think he's going anywhere before the end of next year.

If the club do terminate his contract and have to pay him $600k after doing a deal a matter of months ago the whole board have to go for mine.

Dib is obviously trying to save face and hold onto his own position. He asked fans to judge him at the end of the season, I really hope those that can vote remember what he said.
I'm still convinced the deal was done way earlier than what we have been made to believe.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How Des Hasler's Shaky Situation At The Bulldogs Will Affect Kieran Foran's Deal

Following news that Des Hasler's tenure at the Bulldogs is still on shaky ground, questions have been raised about Kieran Foran's move to the club.

As we've seen in the past, some players have stipulations built into their contract relating to the coach, which can even be used as an escape clause in the event that the coach is sacked.

However, speaking on Triple M Saturday NRL, Triple M and Fox Sports' James Hooper has said that Foran's contract is rock solid, and the club wouldn't include coach-related provisions.

"He doesn’t have that in there," Hoops said.

"They insisted that he doesn’t have that in there.

"The Bulldogs decided a while ago when Moses Mbye tried to get one of those clauses in his contract, and the Dogs stood firm on that.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...t-the-bulldogs-will-affect-kieran-forans-deal

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't bother me if Foran had a Des clause. The more I see him this year the more I think he won't be the answer. He just doesn't take enough control of the game, last night was a prime example when Johnson went down Foran wasn't sighted. Then he had his injures and mental health on top of that.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The next 4 games are broncos away, penrith away, Eels and Souths both at ANZ

Could easily lose 3 of those 4

The club has to act if that happens and get rid of Hasler

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It doesn't matter as Foran won't come here if Hasler is sacked

He will claim some mental/personal issue and get out of his contact Best to happen anyway as we don't want Foran

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wouldn't bother me if Foran had a Des clause. The more I see him this year the more I think he won't be the answer. He just doesn't take enough control of the game, last night was a prime example when Johnson went down Foran wasn't sighted. Then he had his injures and mental health on top of that.
Spot on man. Foran has been a passenger all season. I can't see him taking such control like he did five years ago at Manly and being the saviour the team needs him to be.

He's not up to it mentally and physically and just isn't the same player at all. I hope Hasler gets fired and they somehow tell Foran and Woods not to bother coming.

Then the next coach has less of a mess to clean up with more cap flexibility.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on man. Foran has been a passenger all season. I can't see him taking such control like he did five years ago at Manly and being the saviour the team needs him to be.

He's not up to it mentally and physically and just isn't the same player at all. I hope Hasler gets fired and they somehow tell Foran and Woods not to bother coming.

Then the next coach has less of a mess to clean up with more cap flexibility.
The warriors have a massive culture issue, their underperformamce isnt forans fault. Hes actually been one of their better players. We need a player like him at the club, he still knows how to play footy, turned parra into a top 4 side last year till they lost points

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The warriors have a massive culture issue, their underperformamce isnt forans fault. Hes actually been one of their better players. We need a player like him at the club, he still knows how to play footy, turned parra into a top 4 side last year till they lost points
They've been a shambolic team for their whole existence really. They're an embarrassment. They have every advantage in the world and still screw it up year after year. Before and after Foran and forever into eternity.

Foran, RTS and Luke were supposed to be the saviours and each has disappointed. Each has had their good moments but none have stood up week after week.

It's a culture issue through the club thats the Warriors problem. But what culture does our club have at the moment? Why will it be any different here?

If Foran is happy to go through the motions and not get involved most weeks when they need him what makes you think he'll all of a sudden stand up at Canterbury and run the team?

At Parramatta that was before his whole personal shit came out. Since then he hasn't been anywhere near the same player.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant see us winning another game this year under des surely he has to go

Reactions: DT

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran ain't coming because of Des. He knocked him back to stay at Manly, to go to Parra and then to go to the Warriors. If he had some special bond with Hasler he would have come over at the first opportunity.

I won't be losing any sleep if Hasler goes and Foran doesn't want to come, he isn't going to be the saviour people are expecting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only situation is that Des Hustler is going to hustle another cool 2 million out of the club before he goes

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've been a shambolic team for their whole existence really. They're an embarrassment. They have every advantage in the world and still screw it up year after year. Before and after Foran and forever into eternity.

Foran, RTS and Luke were supposed to be the saviours and each has disappointed. Each has had their good moments but none have stood up week after week.

It's a culture issue through the club thats the Warriors problem. But what culture does our club have at the moment? Why will it be any different here?

If Foran is happy to go through the motions and not get involved most weeks when they need him what makes you think he'll all of a sudden stand up at Canterbury and run the team?

At Parramatta that was before his whole personal shit came out. Since then he hasn't been anywhere near the same player.
The dogs dont reallt have a culture problem its more of a roster problem. His combination with hoffman has actually been quite good and hes definitely starightened their attack its just their forwards are rubbish. He'll get back to his best, talent doesnt just disappear

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Des is as good as gone and Foran has no get out clause related to the coach

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hooper full of shit.. why the next 3 games got fuck all bearing on our season as its pretty much fucked anyway.
If they couldn't address our downward spiral in the last 5 years they certainly aint going to worry about 3 fucking games from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.