Bulldogs BACK TO BELMORE Game Day Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nah man we will be right, we are still better off without the rat, the rest of the team will gel better without him.
I hear you, though seriously Perrett isn't the answer not remotely close.

Temp has been clearly groomed for the halves probz back up to Hodko and Reynolds and if Hodko doesn't fire might be the replacement for 2015.

Thompson & Phillips were the two I was hoping would prove the suprise package though Phillips sounds a while off and Thompson have heard nothing on bar the above post.

Inu has to be worth a chance?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully we give Temp a run at fullback sounds best youngster, I know I read somewhere hes played alot of fullback so no doubt can catch a bomb and help.

Let's not forget one of the games best Lockyer moved from fullback to 5/8. Maybe Temp can try and do that for a few years and let's hope half as good a career!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths in again off back to back sets. Probably over now.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
From today I reckon Philips is a good choice for fullback. Perrett definitely is not.

Tempo definitely worth replacing Hodko if Hodko has another shit year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*ouch* try scored by ex NSW Cup Doggies player Chris Centrone..

Hmmm I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Can't win a game out of all 3 grades...

That said .... told you Thompson had pace and nice footwork :grinning:
Sounds like Phillips isn't the answer.

I'm interested to see what our 9s side if going to look like.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical trial. Forget the result, it's about individual performances and combinations. The updates suggest Des has enough to work on for the next trial.

The curious thing is he played Tempo at 5/8th and Thompson on the flank. Maybe he will play them at fb next time?

From this trial it seems like neither fb option impressed but Tempo did as playmaker. Interesting..

The good thing is, as fans we don't have to worry because Dessie's got this.

Btw, they showed Drury's try on 9 news. Looked pretty good but nothing special. I thought he was very good in the few games he had at fb early last season but Des must see weakness in his game.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical trial. Forget the result, it's about individual performances and combinations. The updates suggest Des has enough to work on for the next trial.

The curious thing is he played Tempo at 5/8th and Thompson on the flank. Maybe he will play them at fb next time?

From this trial it seems like neither fb option impressed but Tempo did as playmaker. Interesting..

The good thing is, as fans we don't have to worry because Dessie's got this.

Btw, they showed Drury's try on 9 news. Looked pretty good but nothing special. I thought he was very good in the few games he had at fb early last season but Des must see weakness in his game.
From what I recall Low is to light and gets pushed back too easy.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL Bulldogs ‏@NRL_Bulldogs · 36s
FT: The Rabbitohs 28 have defeated the Bulldogs 20 in front of 5913 members & fans #BacktoBelmore

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MATCH SUMMARY (the way I saw it)

RABBITOHS 28 BULLDOGS 20

1st half we fielded our more experienced guys. All the forwards were impressive, especially Kasiano, Pritchard and T-Rex. The left side (Hodko + Morris) and Mbye on the right seemed to work well. Both halves were very solid in their limited first half minutes. Defence needs working on with Mbye being caught out a few times. He'll learn from that.

2nd half our younger boys came on. And we may have unearthed a future star. Patty Templeman was very impressive for his first unofficial FG game. He played 5/8th, and didn't look out of place. He showed maturity with some nice kicks for repeat sets and his passing game is very solid. I rate him higher than Mbye as a player in the halves, I see Mbye as more of a hooker. Patty also has a nice step and running game, which he gets from playing fullback. He still made some errors and he could of done some things better, but he defs is someone to look out for. Hopefully he puts pressure on Hodko and Reynolds although Trent was good today and we know how good Reynolds can be. He'll fight it out for the utility spot I'd say with Mbye.

Tyrone Phillips reminds be of when Barba first came into grade. Showed some good signs and looked sharp, although made schoolboy errors in terms of catching bombs and passing. He still has a long way to go although Sam Perrett being safer, is still not what we're looking for as fans.

Any q's lemme know.

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the match report.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks to all the boys who kept the updates coming..really appreciated! A loss? Oh well..means they're under the radar!!!

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score

RABBITOHS 28 BULLDOGS 20

1st half we fielded our more experienced guys. All the forwards were impressive, especially Kasiano, Pritchard and T-Rex. The left side (Hodko + Morris) and Mbye on the right seemed to work well. Both halves were very solid in their limited first half minutes. Defence needs working on with Mbye being caught out a few times. He'll learn from that.

2nd half our younger boys came on. And we may have unearthed a future star. Patty Templeman was very impressive for his first unofficial FG game. He played 5/8th, and didn't look out of place. He showed maturity with some nice kicks for repeat sets and his passing game is very solid. I rate him higher than Mbye as a player in the halves, I see Mbye as more of a hooker. Patty also has a nice step and running game, which he gets from playing fullback. He still made some errors and he could of done some things better, but he defs is someone to look out for. Hopefully he puts pressure on Hodko and Reynolds although Trent was good today and we know how good Reynolds can be. He'll fight it out for the utility spot I'd say with Mbye.

Tyrone Phillips reminds be of when Barba first came into grade. Showed some good signs and looked sharp, although made schoolboy errors in terms of catching bombs and passing. He still has a long way to go although Sam Perrett being safer, is still not what we're looking for as fans.

Any q's lemme know.

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the summary mate. Wish i got to see Tempo in action today. Sucks being in Victoria sometimes :(
First trial down and I'm sure a few cobwebs have been dusted

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks to all the boys who kept the updates coming..really appreciated! A loss? Oh well..means they're under the radar!!!
I can't remember the last time we won a trial so don't stress

O'Reilly

New Pup
Reaction score

RABBITOHS 28 BULLDOGS 20

Any q's lemme know.

Have a nice day!
Cheers for this. Where did Inu play when he came on? How did he go?

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not a bad hitout considering there were no injuries, we will be ready for season start. Does anyone know the name of the Souths centre who filled in at 5/8 second half, this kid is a gun, strong and fast.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the result I was hoping for,back to belmore games should be win at al cost in my mind regardless of trial or not, but that's just my opinion,

A big thank you to the updates from the guys who were at the game, very much appreciated.

G

Grub

Interesting game today, great to see we have some options.
our young guys played very well today and it will be very interesting on how des plays it for round one.
with des giving Reynolds free rain, he is going to play more like a halfback.
templeton was very good today, he ran the ball to the line, he got a repeat set of six!!!!!
there will be a lot of pressure on hodkinson this year, I'm guessing des will go with him for the first game but templeton is def a thurston clone, shame we don't have shifty.
i thought perriit was good also, tough playing first grade at his age.
interesting to see our nines line up for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.