Sleeping Patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I sleep with my fan on 365 days of the year.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha really? That's f**ked up. Too bad all of what I said doesn't work. :p
you have no idea how ****ed up it is. i do everything in my power to try and fatigue my body, but it doesn't work. by about the 70th hour, i just literally pass out and wake up 8 hours later.
i hate taking sleeping pills, but you need sleep hey.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you have no idea how ****ed up it is. i do everything in my power to try and fatigue my body, but it doesn't work. by about the 70th hour, i just literally pass out and wake up 8 hours later.
i hate taking sleeping pills, but you need sleep hey.
So you still feel really tired and drowsy the whole time and day but just can't actually sleep? Is that right?

What causes insomnia and isn't there another way that it can be treated to actually cure it other than to take sleeping pills? (I'm sure there wouldn't be because you being in the medical profession would have done so by now)

Are there side effects to the sleeping pills?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you still feel really tired and drowsy the whole time and day but just can't actually sleep? Is that right?

What causes insomnia and isn't there another way that it can be treated to actually cure it other than to take sleeping pills? (I'm sure there wouldn't be because you being in the medical profession would have done so by now)

Are there side effects to the sleeping pills?
i feel so exhausted i can't even begin to describe it. i just can't get to sleep. i do all the right things, but they just don't work.

i blame shiftwork for my insomnia. i once had a normal sleep pattern, but working over a 24 hour roster has destroyed that. i have what's called a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, and that's basically a fancy term for my body clock is ****ed. it's a common problem amongst shiftworkers sadly.

i can try and reset my body clock, but i have to give up shiftwork first. my problem is getting to sleep, not staying asleep. the pills are all that help.

the side effects from the temazepam are drowsiness the following morning. you wake up feeling as though you're pissed. mind you, i've developed quite the tolerance to the temaz, so i take the max doses, and i don't even get the side effects anymore.
mind you, that's very typical of the use benzodiazepines.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Living in ctown i cant fall asleep until i hear either a fire truck or police siren

Reaction score
When falling asleep, do you need total silence or you need a bit of background noise to fall asleep?

I can't sleep unless there's a bit of noise. I leave my TV on and set the sleep timer.

You?
i do exactly the same thing you do :grinning:

but sometimes i forget to put it on the sleep timer and i'll wake up at 2am with the tv still on :o

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be hard to sleep with down syndrome..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i do exactly the same thing you do :grinning:

but sometimes i forget to put it on the sleep timer and i'll wake up at 2am with the tv still on :o
Hahahaha. I've been guilty of that a few times too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i feel so exhausted i can't even begin to describe it. i just can't get to sleep. i do all the right things, but they just don't work.

i blame shiftwork for my insomnia. i once had a normal sleep pattern, but working over a 24 hour roster has destroyed that. i have what's called a circadian rhythm sleep disorder, and that's basically a fancy term for my body clock is ****ed. it's a common problem amongst shiftworkers sadly.

i can try and reset my body clock, but i have to give up shiftwork first. my problem is getting to sleep, not staying asleep. the pills are all that help.

the side effects from the temazepam are drowsiness the following morning. you wake up feeling as though you're pissed. mind you, i've developed quite the tolerance to the temaz, so i take the max doses, and i don't even get the side effects anymore.
mind you, that's very typical of the use benzodiazepines.
Ahhh OK, thanks for explaining that.

That's still terrible and obviously unhealthy and hopefully you can get off shift work soon and get some sort of normalcy and consistency back into your sleeping patterns and have your body clock regular.

It's sort of funny when you think about it (and only sort of), with your job being in health and helping people get better in one way or another, you basically affect your own health in doing so. :p

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Usually tv. I watch 2 1/2 men in bed and because half that show is set in charlies bedroom, it helps me fall asleep.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im a light sleeper, which kinda sucks everytime a car door shuts outside or something like that. But sometimes I fall asleep straight away, and other times it takes me ages especially if I have something on my mind. This is when my brain goes 100 miles/hr just thinking about sh1t. As far as noise goes, I like to sleep in quiet with no TV or light.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When falling asleep, do you need total silence or you need a bit of background noise to fall asleep?

I can't sleep unless there's a bit of noise. I leave my TV on and set the sleep timer.

You?
I'm the same, ever since I got a T.V in my room when I was 10 I've always needed it to be on to fall asleep. I'm not very good when there is total silence.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
play either the DS or the 360 and it will be enough to make me tired and be dead

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
throughout the day I can sleep with or without noise around

evening to morning I need the t.v off so I can sleep

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bump ive been sleeping @ 4am ish and getting up at 1-2 for a while now but on monday ive got to be up @ 5 ****ing am for a good 8-9 hours of heavy ass work before i head out to the game, So how the **** do i get myself to fall asleep early tommrow night?

Reaction score
Bump ive been sleeping @ 4am ish and getting up at 1-2 for a while now but on monday ive got to be up @ 5 ****in 30am for a good 8-9 hours of heavy liftin work, So how the **** do i get myself to fall asleep early tommrow night?
do lots of hard-work tomorrow to make urself tired :p

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
do lots of hard-work tomorrow to make urself tired :p
No can do tommrow is my recovery day after 6 days of footy/gym/training so if i train or something tommrow i **** up the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.