Recent content by thedoctor81

1. T

We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

I think they all know how to manage the count so it looks ‘even-ish’ by the end of the game. We had 60+% possession at half time, you just knew they were going to do what they could to flip that second half. Low and behold, Roosyers get 63% and 10 + more sets second half.
  2. T

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

I think it’s a weight off his shoulders. His niggle has realty lifted (one thing you can’t do as a captain), he wasn’t being a grub but he was in everyone’s face first half and unsettling their team. It’s an underrated skill and definitely something you can’t have your skipper doing.
  3. T

We lost control when they were 6 and 7. Not all on them (massive momentum shift in possession and officiating) but the kicking in particular was ineffective in the second half.
  4. T

Sorry mate I wasn’t diagreeing apologies Psucho I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly apologies Psycho, I saw you mention Burton as a ‘try scoring Centre’ and said my 2 cents when it wasn’t aimed at you directly. You were...
  5. T

Burton had an assist, a line break assist, and 2 (I think) tries at 6 while it was 13 on 13. Why the hell are people ripping Burton for his performance tonight?! He’s not been great in a shit side, but I thought he was good first half tonight - his heads up play isolating Kikau on Dom Young a...
  6. T

Agreed. On the wrong side of a 7-1 set restart count, most coming in the second half - hard to turn the tide on an artificial momentum shift like that. We needed to be smarter in possession though.
  7. T

Almost hip-dropped the tv when Kiraz dumped that out the back. You can tell a lot of blokes in our club aren’t used to shutting out a game. It will come…. Wins breed wins.
  8. T

Lads, (and ladies) I think we’re missing the silver lining here. We beat the chooks, got the 2 points, got a few of them missing a fortnight at least (not that we celebrate HIAs) and we still played dogshit enough in that second half that noone’s position is safe and everyone is on notice for...
  9. T

We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

Have a quick look at the penalty count and set restarts in the second half. Pretty sure we were ahead on penalties at the end of the first half, and the count ended 6-5 against us and 7-1 against in set restarts. Sure, momentum plays a part in that turn-around, but that’s a massive leg up for...
  10. T

So many players letting down the team

I cannot stand Dufty’s complete avoidance of putting his body on the line. He lost the ball twice avoiding contact, let them stroll over from that kick inside from Cobbo, and I can’t think of a single time this year he’s laid a tackle as last man. We have plenty of shit in this team, but this...
  11. T

News Asiata gone ?

I'm more a lurker than a poster on here, but had to jump in on this one for some balance. Youtube research is not 'unbiased', it carries the inherent bias of the individual posting it. It's also not peer reviewed and barely regulated so can't be considered factual or fact checked. It is the...
  12. T

News Matt Burton wants out

Cleary's basically said there that they just threw out an unrealistic request (Napa with the Dogs paying the difference in contract I assume) to see if we were desperate enough to take it...
  13. T

armit

Armit's shoulder has been buggered for the last year and a half... He had surgery on it at the back end of last year in anticipation of a full off season. He's certainly no world beater but he is a good, honest hard working prop that makes a fair few tackles... I expect him to be a hell of a lot...
  14. T

Most Influential Person of the last 30 years

Come on Matto, if you are going to name Corey Hughes as one of the 4 players that left because of Mason's departure, then you might as well say Kane Cleal aswell... The fact that Hughes left the same year as Mason is coincidental, since he wasn't wanted by the club, which Hughes was quoted as...
  15. T

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

Well and truly... That girl would root Gavin Miller if he was still running round in first grade...