Recent content by Spoonman84

1. Spoonman84

What's your gut feeling?

I can’t see anyone being sacked this week but it’s the start of the process. If we win a couple of games it will draw it out a little longer until the next bad loss when they pull the trigger.
  2. Spoonman84

Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

We would just be swapping one coach too stubborn to change with another one. With Tbaz it’s his Panther attacking structures and with Flanagan it’s his son as halfback. It’s something I really hope we don’t have to worry about.
  3. Spoonman84

Yeah I’d honestly have to take a step back in some degree if they go down that path.
  4. Spoonman84

I never really rated him as a coach he got the stars to align once for the premiership but he had plenty of negatives about him. The two major issues I have is that he hasn’t been a head coach for over 5 years and barely even a assistant coach in that time. Then theres the whole Kyle thing I...
  5. Spoonman84

Maybe I worded that wrong mate. I have no info about Flanagan what I meant was there seems to be two distinct groups you either really want Flanagan or you really don’t. I don’t want him any near the club for a bunch of reasons.
  6. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Any besides Boyd? It’s certainly not a common thing at all despite the attention the clauses receive. I should have a Shane Flanagan clause I’m going to find it very hard to get behind that appointment should it happen. Wasting several more years with Kyle at halfback isn’t my idea of a good time.
  7. Spoonman84

As long as they make the call it doesn’t bother me if it happens now or in 10 weeks. I respect others have a different view on it but it means very little in the medium to long term.
  8. Spoonman84

It’s more of a face saving exercise to make it look like they aren’t making a rash decision and giving Tbaz every chance to coach his way out of it.
  9. Spoonman84

Is it really that big of a deal? What benefit did we get from the games with Georgeallis in charge as a interim and mixing the side up? It’s already a disaster of a season and the interim coach can only do so much. As long as they get it all sorted and a new coach in place for day one of...
  10. Spoonman84

I doubt he’s sacked tomorrow but the wheels are in motion. We might even hear he has full support of the board this week but results will depend on when he’s given the bullet. If we get a couple of wins he could survive to the end of the year but if the loss’s continue he will be gone in weeks...
  11. Spoonman84

The Barrett clause

Yeah I have a hard time believing there’s clauses like that to begin with and a even harder time believing a player would ever activate it.
  12. Spoonman84

Really? I don’t think it’s really that unattractive. There’s some decent building blocks on the roster already, the junior pathways have been totally rebuilt and will bare fruit in the next year or two, stable board and the club is always financially secure. The club is also coming back from...
  13. Spoonman84

Gus staying silent on something is a big indication if something is actually happening.
  14. Spoonman84

Once the meetings start the writing is well and truly on the wall. Its only a matter of time now. The talent pool is really shallow and I think the majority of fans happiness or anger over the new coach will depend on where you stand on Shane Flanagan.
  15. Spoonman84

NRL 2022: Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett faces sack amid emergency talks | Daily Telegraph Canterbury officials will hold emergency talks on Monday as pressure mounts on coach Trent Barrett to remain in charge of the club. There is growing discontent among fans and club management alike which...