Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One interim coach or
Two hire someone full time for next year and beyond and if so who ?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan. We’re stuck with Kyle and least we will see Kyle return to how we know he can play. Kid is down with coincidence after roosters. Flanno for sure, he’s been around helping other teams so he’s able to pick up a few things and come here. He’s worth a go. No one else screams to me for that job

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling he’s getting these next 2 games to show something or he is gone. If he is given the ass I wouldn’t mind something like Shane Wane 2-3 years with Ciraldo assistant and the carrot we dangle is he takes over after Wane. But some have suggested Ciraldo is no chance.
Once the meetings start the writing is well and truly on the wall. Its only a matter of time now. The talent pool is really shallow and I think the majority of fans happiness or anger over the new coach will depend on where you stand on Shane Flanagan.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Flanagan. We’re stuck with Kyle and least we will see Kyle return to how we know he can play. Kid is down with coincidence after roosters. Flanno for sure, he’s been around helping other teams so he’s able to pick up a few things and come here. He’s worth a go. No one else screams to me for that job
Maybe flamingo will step up since his security blanket is back next to him holding his hand, changing his nappies and breastfeeding him...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say that Baz is sacked what do you guys reckon is going to happen the rest of the year
Imo, nothing will change at all. .maybe a small bounce. New coach won't turn JMK, Dufty, Naden, Flanno etc into first graders

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbaz dead man walking after Club's announcement this afternoon - hard to think of a similar circumstance where the coach has survived medium/long term. But will it be tomorrow, 2 weeks time, after SOE maybe? Finally something happening at least .....

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, he is a real coach. He might not have coached NRL but his success speaks for itself. You can coach or you can’t. Simple.

Barrett can’t and never has.
That’s why I wouldn’t mind he gets a go he has some contacts in the game and under Gould could do well. Gould can’t do everything though as some in here think he can. Look at the top teams over the years they have had some great assistants on deck and I think this is very important for whoever takes over from Barrett.