Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't keep up with the pages of discussion, but if Barrett is sacked without Gould having a say, Gus goes to. And I'm actually fine with that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s on way too much money to just look after pathways lol
He's a dinosaur, isn't relevant at the top level of the game anymore imo. He has been trying to get Baz a job for years and has made many questionable decisions with recruitment and retention. Worked with Dragons and Warriors and did absolutely fuck all for them and then talks shit later when he leaves.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
99% sure his ban/suspension is over. I don't think I've ever seen a new coach come in mid season tho (always an interim)?
Yeah but any new coach could ask for certain players ti be tried. Work as an assistant etc. talk to players about how they see there strengthens etc. plenty next years coach could do now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question is who would want the job? May be a fairly short list.
Really? I don’t think it’s really that unattractive.

There’s some decent building blocks on the roster already, the junior pathways have been totally rebuilt and will bare fruit in the next year or two, stable board and the club is always financially secure.

The club is also coming back from such a low point that even the slightest improvements will have the new coach looking like a genius.

Gus is probably the biggest stumbling block for any potential coaches. If you’re the coach you want full control and you won’t get that while Gus is here.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a dinosaur, isn't relevant at the top level of the game anymore imo. He has been trying to get Baz a job for years and has made many questionable decisions with recruitment and retention. Worked with Dragons and Warriors and did absolutely fuck all for them and then talks shit later when he leaves.
Get off the gear

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
I’ve been told Flano Sr to take over coaching in a few weeks. Anyone heard the same?

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I just watched Corey Parker’s take on this and the bloke must be suffering from some serious concussion side effects.
He literally argued against his own points
He’s always been a fuckwit. Can’t remember who but one of our players studded him one night, think Ennis was his only friend.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he was only a consultant to the Dragons short term to do a thorough review and submit his findings via report

Warriors- wreaked by Covid , couldn’t get to NZ enough to create the pathways system he initiated with Auckland Rugby League

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Dragons. Everybody knows that he was asked to review the staff but all decisions has already been made. You really think he said get griffin?

As for the warrior’s covid put paid to that. Otherwise he would have never been at the bulldogs.