Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manchester United is delighted to announce it has completed the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old Ecuador international has played 34 times for his country, scoring four goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan. I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team.”

Antonio Valencia said: “Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

“Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started.”

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brazilians Luis Fabiano, Nilmar and Douglas Costa are among the names on the grapevine, while Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery, Lyon's Karim Benzema, Barcelona front man Samuel Eto’o and Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero have also been touted for transfers to Old Trafford.

Intriguingly, the Daily Mail has tipped the Reds to make a bid for Real keeper Iker Casillas, with Edwin van der Sar in the twilight of his career.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
think eto's gonna resign with barce and think casillas wants to stay at real, ribery won't come think benzema's the real target we can go for

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he's staying with barce i believe they've offered him a new contract

Vladamir

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do people think of Valencia. I watch EPL, but I can't say I've seen a heap of Wigan games. I didn't think he exactly set the world on fire. And if United are going to pay 15? I think that could be a bit. I always thought palacios was wigans best player
in the game we played against wigan this year where rooney scored in the first minute wigan started playing really well and it was valencia causing all the problems for us. if he can do that to a club like united than he is most certainly a good player not a ronaldo type player though more a traditional winger

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has said that AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all enquired about the possibility of him leaving Old Trafford but, despite his wife's eagerness to move away from England, he is determined to stay put.

:love: vidic he aint whipped

Mountain Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Offered him a new contract, he has not accepted yet. should find out in a day or two.
I read he wants Barca to pay him a signing bonus with city of around 15mil. Not city payin it, barca. On top of his mill a month. And that if they won't do that he'll stay till his contract runs out and they'll get nothing. No wonder people hate him and call him a M... And seriously WTF does he expect to happen when he comes to england, they're gonna invite him round for tea and scones. He'll last 20 mins and have a big sook when every Englishman calls him a Monkey.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benzema is supposedly close to moving on a 38 million pound move. This is from Soccernet:

"Benzema, who has netted 43 goals in 112 league outings for Lyon, is a full France international and has already experienced Champions League football with the deposed Ligue 1 champions."

43 goals in 112 games? That's a very poor return for a striker, especially when they play in the French League and United are paying nearly 40 million for him.

Eto'o got nearly 40 goals in all competitions in a much tougher league.

Benzema sounds the goods but that strike rate is pretty poor IMO.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he'll have better players around him too
Yeah but for almost every year he played there, Lyon have been the juggernaught and a 1 in 3 strike rate isn't what you would expect from one of the supposed best strikers in the world in a dominant team in a weaker competition.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
we'll see how he goes if he does sign, think he'll do well here

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
shhhutuuup we're not in trouble SAF makes our shiitest players look like gods compared to city :p
Haha. Ouch Bobii. Right below the belt! :p

Give us back Giggsy who you stole from us and we'll call it even. Although I would have preferred to have him play for us about 12 years earlier.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Haha. Ouch Bobii. Right below the belt! :p

Give us back Giggsy who you stole from us and we'll call it even. Although I would have preferred to have him play for us about 12 years earlier.
we saved his career :grinning: he is a red through and through he bleeds red not blue, should have sir giggs on his shirt :p

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we saved his career :grinning: he is a red through and through he bleeds red not blue, should have sir giggs on his shirt :p
Believe it or not I still have a Giggs United jersey from when I was a United fan!

He was my favourite by far.

Those were the dark days..... :D

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Believe it or not I still have a Giggs United jersey from when I was a United fan!

He was my favourite by far.

Those were the dark days..... :D
:o u went to the dark side Benjamin, not the light. why must u hurt me so?