Movie Discussion

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tried 2 times so far to watch Oppenheimer.....FMS it's hard going for a numpty like me.

Damn the physics stuff they bang on about and every woman he has looks the same.

Will try again...I like simple movies like Carlitos way, Irishman, My cuz Vinnie....not that many brain cells left to operate with.... ahhhh

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Generally not a fan of redoing classic from the 80s, they got Roadhouse right. it’s corny, has lines straight from the 80s and solid action.

They nailed the no brainer.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
All excellent movies and some better than Equalizer, its still my favourite though. Just like Arnie, Command is my favourite but True lies and Terminator are better.
I like the Equalizer movies. I went and saw the 3rd one in the cinemas with my wife, but it was a little disappointing (SPOILER ALERT) when he comes to the final showdown with the mafia, it is shown that they were all being killed by him. The first 2 movies however had a bit more of a fight/gun fight about it.

Commando was actually made to try and compete with Rambo. They intended to try and make it bigger and better (hence the name John Matrix to compete with John Rambo), but as it turns out, Commando was one of those movies that was so bad that it's good. I love the movie and all the cheesey one liners lol.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the Equalizer movies. I went and saw the 3rd one in the cinemas with my wife, but it was a little disappointing (SPOILER ALERT) when he comes to the final showdown with the mafia, it is shown that they were all being killed by him. The first 2 movies however had a bit more of a fight/gun fight about it.

Commando was actually made to try and compete with Rambo. They intended to try and make it bigger and better (hence the name John Matrix to compete with John Rambo), but as it turns out, Commando was one of those movies that was so bad that it's good. I love the movie and all the cheesey one liners lol.

That’s funny about Commando isn’t it, it’s my favourite movie and Rambo is my favourite series.

The one liners are corny as but it just works, love it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
watched silent night, there's no spoken dialogue at all in the whole movie.

given the poor quality of writers in current movies it's good to see one where they can't fuck it up with stupid lines.
it's a revenge flick and I didn't mind it, worth a watch if you like a little payback

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been watching some Aussie movies of late, hers a couple I came across, both insane as fuck, especially daddy’s little girl. If you like the likes of the saw type movies

IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2781.jpeg

And wolf creek was always my favourite, but these two are close on the deranged type shit lol.

any other suggestions of some good Aussie thrillers?? Would be appreciated old or new!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Took my son to watch the latest Kong, Godzilla movie last night.

We were entertained, there's a lot to pick at if you want to. But if you don't over analyse and just embrace the movie for what it is, it was enjoyable and entertaining.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

We were entertained, there's a lot to pick at if you want to. But if you don't over analyse and just embrace the movie for what it is, it was enjoyable and entertaining.
Know Any good thrillers Aussie style? Like the ones I’ve shown above ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The recent movies have been hit and miss, but I did enjoy Kong Skull Island.

I'm really annoyed that I missed Godzilla Minus One at the cinemas. Apparently it's the best Godzilla movie ever made.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The recent movies have been hit and miss, but I did enjoy Kong Skull Island.

I'm really annoyed that I missed Godzilla Minus One at the cinemas. Apparently it's the best Godzilla movie ever made.
Yeah and there are contractual problems, and it doesn’t seem like it will be streamed for a little while..

‘The reason for the delay is partly because of a contractual agreement between Toho, the Japanese studio that created Godzilla, and Legendary Entertainment, which licensed the monster character for films released by Warner Bros., including 2024’s Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, according to IndieWire. Toho can make its own Godzilla movies, but under the deal, they reportedly cannot release them in the same year as a Legendary production.’

Although,

‘While you can’t currently watch Godzilla Minus One in North America, the movie will be getting a home video release in Japan on May 1, 2024. Stay tuned to learn when you can watch Godzilla Minus One at home.’

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah and there are contractual problems, and it doesn’t seem like it will be streamed for a little while..

‘The reason for the delay is partly because of a contractual agreement between Toho, the Japanese studio that created Godzilla, and Legendary Entertainment, which licensed the monster character for films released by Warner Bros., including 2024’s Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, according to IndieWire. Toho can make its own Godzilla movies, but under the deal, they reportedly cannot release them in the same year as a Legendary production.’

Although,

‘While you can’t currently watch Godzilla Minus One in North America, the movie will be getting a home video release in Japan on May 1, 2024. Stay tuned to learn when you can watch Godzilla Minus One at home.’

If it gets a Japanese release then I will be able to watch it because I can travel to Japan. Not physically. Digitally. And by that I mean... Torrents.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If it gets a Japanese release then I will be able to watch it because I can travel to Japan. Not physically. Digitally. And by that I mean... Torrents.
Thanks for clarifying Hacky. I thought you were going to Japan to get digitaled!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Minus one looks good, will wait and see how it will be available, hope through google or Apple etc.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same place where you can get uncensored JAV? :tearsofjoy:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

A trailer for a Trailer what a time to be alive…

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I'm a massive fan of UK cop/crime series.
Recently rewatched Breaking Bad and Saul.

Reason is that you get more character development and story angles in series.
But I love Curb Your Enthusiasm.....ah to not hold back and be more like Larry David.
Yep it's an acquired taste .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very rare cinema attendee and partly because of minimal choices(school holidays + my fairly vanilla tastes)I went and watched Civil War.
Its a story set in near future America and millions have gone rogue against the Pres basically.They ironically cast a guy who even looks a little like Trump too haha.

Worthy of watching in my opinion.