News Brittany Higgins enquiry

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true but this case has incredible ramifications with many young women on various sites expressing how with what they've seen of what BH has gone thru both in the media, courts and social media....who the hell wants to report and put themselves thru such trauma all over again.

Lots of young women are re-assessing the vulnerable state they put themselves in, in the present day curcumstances, by getting totally wasted with minimal control over their safety. Some will modify their behaviour to compensate for that...and some won't.
Hopefully, they do.
If you act like bait, a predator is going to snap you up for a snack.
Shits me to tears to see how some conduct themselves, then dare cry victim after their antics get them into a shitty situation.
Take personal responsibility for your actions.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Higgins with her mum..both rocking the tiles here!
Her mum is still heating it up! :hearteyes:

IMG_6180.jpeg

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what happens now? Will he be criminally trialled or charged?
I don’t think so because this is a civil case not criminal case. So it’s a ‘balance of probabilities’ instead of ‘beyond reasonable doubt’. In other words, it’s ’likely ‘ he did it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No, I don't think he can be - the criminal trial was abandoned and can't be revisited.
Being a civil case the judgement can be whatever it is, it doesn't mean much.
Clearly he wanted to have sex - but rape has never been proven.
Even today the judge said he raped her 'on the balance of probabilities and doesn't discount the possibility of innocence'.
Both parties clearly have substantial credibility issues.
So Ten and Wilkinson 'win' but win what - bragging rights? Expensive 'victory' - they weren't even awarded costs.
One huge mess that has cost a fortune, impacted lives and achieved very little - as the legal system seems so very good at.

Now it's a matter to see if he gets prosecuted in Queensland or not.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, but he looks really fucking stupid at the very least.

You'd think your average narcissist would have learned from the Ben Roberts-Smith case. All of your douchebaggery WILL come out for the nation to see.

Next step i assume is that the parties will now make submissions re costs. Channel 10 will put in for millions in legals and Lehrman's team will argue why their client shouldn't have to pay it.

I was following the judgement during my lunch break for some unknown reason, and thought the judge's words were pretty thought out and measured overall - i guess that's their job though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Justice Lee's comments:

"Having escaped the lion's den, Mr Lehrmann made the mistake of coming back for his hat."

Justice lee stated that a decision on damages (how much Lehrmann has to pay) will be made at a later time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Justice lee stated that a decision on damages (how much Lehrmann has to pay) will be made at a later time.
And how exactly would he pay anyway?
All I see is good money being thrown after bad.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Justice Lee's comments:

"Having escaped the lion's den, Mr Lehrmann made the mistake of coming back for his hat."

The judge giving me Doom vibes..

However Indy grab his hat..Lehrmann instead got crushed..

IMG_1599.gif

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Isn't Kerry Stokes picking up the tab...same as with BRS?