News Brittany Higgins enquiry

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Still got to be credible. But yep, it’s a football everyone is kicking around. Reminds me of Ben Robert’s defamation case as well. The court of public opinion hovers over these proceedings and outcome like they did then. I dare say it’s more seen as a rape case rather than defamation. The amount of people viewing the proceedings on the YouTube channel was upwards of 14,000 people.

I wonder who is going to pick up the bill?
Yes the rape case that didn't get to be fully tested in a court of law but still nevertheless of great litigation importance.

Ch10 and Wilkinson didnt mention/name him and other news outlets did so it would be very hard to find for BL on this but who knows. If he'd gone after those that named him, he may have had a better case?

At least this court case gives a bit more information on the character of BL that couldnt be tabled during the alleged rape court case but is out there with these other accusations from other women.

Anyway I know its a no win situation advocating for fairness towards BH and that she may be telling the truth.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes the rape case that didn't get to be fully tested in a court of law but still nevertheless of great litigation importance.

Ch10 and Wilkinson didnt mention/name him and other news outlets did so it would be very hard to find for BL on this but who knows. If he'd gone after those that named him, he may have had a better case?

At least this court case gives a bit more information on the character of BL that couldnt be tabled during the alleged rape court case but is out there with these other accusations from other women.

Anyway I know its a no win situation advocating for fairness towards BH and that she may be telling the truth.

A rape case her team pulled out of. She may well be telling the truth..he may well be a grub but that doesn’t mean he is guilty in this case and not telling the truth. It is all about the evidence.. And Judge‘s judgement on what he is presented with to decide whether Lehrmann was defamed or not, legally not emotionally.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A rape case her team pulled out of. She may well be telling the truth..he may well be a grub but that doesn’t mean he is guilty in this case and not telling the truth. It is all about the evidence.. And Judge‘s judgement on what he is presented with to decide whether Lehrmann was defamed or not, legally not emotionally.
Her team didnt pull out. It had to be aborted when a juror broke the rules by making their own enquiries and was discharged. The DPP didnt want to proceed bc of the potential further distress and mental safety of BH.

Yes as I said he wasn't named by who he is suing. He could have gone after the media who did name him but didn't. Withdrew his defamation case against Newcorpse Sam Maiden and she was the first to put out the allegation. Doesn't make sense who he has chosen to sue when others have blatantly named him and these 2 didn't.

He has 5 women accuse him of either getting them drunk and having sex without consent, sexually harrassing a female flat mate and 2 pending court actions in Toowoomba.

Higgins seems more believable.

Anyway good to discuss it with you 95 :grinning:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No gaps?
View attachment 96449
You could drive a truck through the gaps…

And no-one has said Lehrmann is innocent. What has consistently been said is there is insufficient evidence to convict. And yes we know it’s not a criminal trial but thanks for the tip. Only two people know what really happened that night and one of them is lying.
At this point, both probably are in order to try to save what is left of their respective reputation.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes it's a matter of who you are more likely to believe.

If neither one admits to lying, we are just left with our own opinions and judgement of their character.

And that's fair enough.
My understanding is both have been proven under oath to lie!
So that leaves bias, which is why I have this spot on the fence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My understanding is both have been proven under oath to lie!
So that leaves bias, which is why I have this spot on the fence.
I meant the lying about the actual alleged rape.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Which is down to opinion and interpretation.
Both could believe they were in the right.
Don't see how.
He either forcibly had sex against her wishes with her or he didn't.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her: "Fuck me like you're raping me"
Him: complies
Her: regrets it after, cries rape

And the public get to deal with their messy situation where both have grounds to plead innocence.

I am definitely not asserting this is what happened, yet affording an example of how the said situation could lead to both believing they are in the right.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Her: "Fuck me like you're raping me"
Him: complies
Her: regrets it after, cries rape

And the public get to deal with their messy situation where both have grounds to plead innocence.

I am definitely not asserting this is what happened, yet affording an example of how the said situation could lead to both believing they are in the right.
Complete hogwash SB ;)

It wasn't you she was with ...enjoying herself. It was BruceOMGLehrman.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Her team didnt pull out. It had to be aborted when a juror broke the rules by making their own enquiries and was discharged. The DPP didnt want to proceed bc of the potential further distress and mental safety of BH.

Yes as I said he wasn't named by who he is suing. He could have gone after the media who did name him but didn't. Withdrew his defamation case against Newcorpse Sam Maiden and she was the first to put out the allegation. Doesn't make sense who he has chosen to sue when others have blatantly named him and these 2 didn't.

He has 5 women accuse him of either getting them drunk and having sex without consent, sexually harrassing a female flat mate and 2 pending court actions in Toowoomba.

Higgins seems more believable.

Anyway good to discuss it with you 95 :grinning:
He did go after the ABC and Maiden/News Corp who named him. He settled out of court. Although News Corp did not pay compensation but rather helped with some court costs. ABC settlement as I can find has not been disclosed..

Always good to discuss with your good self WD

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At this point, both probably are in order to try to save what is left of their respective reputation.
They’re not the only ones.
The usual bleaters talking about ‘money hungry slags’ and ‘hard done by nice guy’ which I haven’t seen anyone claim. Both have credibility issues but the bottom line is there was a lack of evidence to convict and gaps everywhere and now it’s down to the money grab to pay the legal bills and not be branded a liar.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complete hogwash SB ;)

It wasn't you she was with ...enjoying herself. It was BruceOMGLehrman.
Are you familiar with the acronym, CNC?
If yes, you know it is not complete hogwash.
If not, I humbly suggest it is time for you to educate yourself on that particular area of human interaction, so you realise it is not complete hogwash.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are you familiar with the acronym, CNC?
If yes, you know it is not complete hogwash.
If not, I humbly suggest it is time for you to educate yourself on that particular area of human interaction, so you realise it is not complete hogwash.
Just having a joke matey.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He did go after the ABC and Maiden/News Corp who named him. He settled out of court. Although News Corp did not pay compensation but rather helped with some court costs. ABC settlement as I can find has not been disclosed..

Always good to discuss with your good self WD
Yes you're quite right there 95. But settling without compensation was quite something and ABC caved in. There were many more that he didn't go after. I'm glad he has brought this action as it gives the public an insight of the workings of the court system when you sue and he had to answer some questions so that was informative.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
m
Yes you're quite right there 95. But settling without compensation was quite something and ABC caved in. There were many more that he didn't go after. I'm glad he has brought this action as it gives the public an insight of the workings of the court system and he had to answer some questions so that was informative.
Yeah but you know the ABC..penny pinches..they must have cried if they did pay some form of compensation! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
m

Yeah but you know the ABC..penny pinches..they must have cried if they did pay some form of compensation! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
They got sued for broadcasting the address by Higgins and Tame at the National Press Club. Kinda flimsy and what happened to freedom of the press?. If anything why did ABC have to pay. Maybe the Press Club should have?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They got sued for broadcasting the address by Higgins and Tame at the National Press Club. Kinda flimsy and what happened to freedom of the press?. If anything why did ABC have to pay. Maybe the Press Club should have?
I guess they are the broadcasters..they didn’t try to fight it though. Yep freedom of the press but it has limitations.. You can’t come out say person A did this to person B.. based solely on B’s word.. People have rights and reputations to be protected as well..
Hence that important word ‘allegedly ‘

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess they are the broadcasters..they didn’t try to fight it though. Yep freedom of the press but it has limitations.. You can’t come out say person A did this to person B.. based solely on B’s word.. People have rights and reputations to be protected as well..
There'd be no news programs then :grinning:[/QUOTE]