Official Gus's Message

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we don’t recruit any solid middles for 2024, our game will almost certainly revolve around our backs with a massive focus on play-the-ball & ruck speed.

Ciro will be relying on literally every member of the backline to go for 150+ yards.

In saying that, we have a great back row in Presto/Kiks/Curran, these guys will all threaten the line in attack.
Good strategy can help us reduce the need for bulldozing props. We're pretty strong everywhere else. I know the Tigers managed their last premiership without a huge forward pack. If things don't improve in the prop department, I'd hope Ciraldo goes through footage of some of the lightweight teams that have been successful to pick up ideas.

One idea would be to go back to the hot potato football we played in our first grand final under Hasler. At that time Reynolds and Keating tailed the pack and Barba had his breakout season off the back of two or more support runners backing up on every run. The defence knew that at times our whole pack generally had 2-4 support runners so they couldn't number up. We've got some backs that could really excel if we can get good passing before the line or offloads away. Our pack was better when we played that way. But if we could replicate that next year, we'd be dangerous.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Wow he threw CC under the bus hard

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good strategy can help us reduce the need for bulldozing props. We're pretty strong everywhere else. I know the Tigers managed their last premiership without a huge forward pack. If things don't improve in the prop department, I'd hope Ciraldo goes through footage of some of the lightweight teams that have been successful to pick up ideas.

One idea would be to go back to the hot potato football we played in our first grand final under Hasler. At that time Reynolds and Keating tailed the pack and Barba had his breakout season off the back of two or more support runners backing up on every run. The defence knew that at times our whole pack generally had 2-4 support runners so they couldn't number up. We've got some backs that could really excel if we can get good passing before the line or offloads away. Our pack was better when we played that way. But if we could replicate that next year, we'd be dangerous.
Nice post and agree, Forwards passing to forwards before the line, strong work ethic, Perrett/Inu meters out of dummy half & designing plays built around Barba’s speed made us successful - Hasler’s first year with us was masterful - we played 100% to the rosters strengths that year. He was good for the first couple of years then quickly became void of creativity or any revolutionary strategy opting for completion percentages.

One thing Hasler did have that year Ciro didn’t is a 125kg wrecking ball with silky hands (Sam Kasiano) - that’s the missing piece…

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didnt state how, didnt state when? Are we looking at 3 yrs, 20 yrs, 500yrs? Critical information for members and prospective members

Last I heard (after the knights 66-0) was that we have many more yrs of pain ahead to look forward to
A five year plan under Ciraldo.

Ciro opted to come a year earlier, so the plan technically starts in 2024.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice post and agree, Forwards passing to forwards before the line, strong work ethic, Perrett/Inu meters out of dummy half & designing plays built around Barba’s speed made us successful - Hasler’s first year with us was masterful - we played 100% to the rosters strengths that year. He was good for the first couple of years then quickly became void of creativity or any revolutionary strategy opting for completion percentages.

One thing Hasler did have that year Ciro didn’t is a 125kg wrecking ball with silky hands (Sam Kasiano) - that’s the missing piece…
Kas is still playing in the English Super league.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A five year plan under Ciraldo.

Ciro opted to come a year earlier, so the plan technically starts in 2024.
Do you believe that story?
Who was going to coach doggs for 2023?
Why was there a search just after Barrett sacked?
Why was CC given a deal of the lifetime of 5 years at the tigerpies that he turned down and magically was offered a 5 year deal a few weeks later?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why was CC given a deal of the lifetime of 5 years at the tigerpies that he turned down and magically was offered a 5 year deal a few weeks later?
Gus has stated many times, that the plan was for Ciraldo to come in 2024, but he was keen to start straight away.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These trolls must be Parra or St George supporters

It amazes me how people can be so negative day in, day out and not get bored of it.

Can someone ask Gus on twitter (@David holland) if the club can set up a mental health clinic/retreat and take in the trolls from the kennel for an assessment and prompt treatment

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus has stated many times, that the plan was for Ciraldo to come in 2024, but he was keen to start straight away.
Yes he has, but Gus says a lot of things.
I think he was saying that as an excuse to write this year off
He may have said it during negotiations with the knowledge that it wouldn’t stop CC
Our team had high hopes this year

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It has been addressed many times why Ciraldo didn’t go to Concord. There’s no conspiracy here. Move on.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It has been addressed many times why Ciraldo didn’t go to Concord. There’s no conspiracy here. Move on.
I know what happened
He was being courted by the tigerpies
Gus said ‘don’t take that offer, I want you here with me Uleh. Barrett is about to be sacked and you’re my boi’

Cc said ‘I’d love that cuz, but this is a 5 year offer and no rookie gets this’

Gould said
‘Well how about I do this. If you come with me I’ll match it. Think about it Uleh’

Cc thought about it and denied the tiger pies to stay with his mentor because he knew he was getting a 5 year offer

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It amazes me how people can be so negative day in, day out and not get bored of it.

Can someone ask Gus on twitter (@David holland) if the club can set up a mental health clinic/retreat and take in the trolls from the kennel for an assessment and prompt treatment
Clear as day they are not fans or desperates trying to influence board elections on behalf of others or potentially themselves…

No doubt we have journos, other team supporters and Dibs (or rival tickets) on here hiding behind alias names destabilising for their own respective agendas

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know what happened
He was being courted by the tigerpies
Gus said ‘don’t take that offer, I want you here with me Uleh. Barrett is about to be sacked and you’re my boi’

Cc said ‘I’d love that cuz, but this is a 5 year offer and no rookie gets this’

Gould said
‘Well how about I do this. If you come with me I’ll match it. Think about it Uleh’

Cc thought about it and denied the tiger pies to stay with his mentor because he knew he was getting a 5 year offer
0% correct.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There wasn’t a search after Barrett. We had a few coaches available when Barrett left, Gus said his not in a hurry.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are so lucky to have him seriously so many have walked away from this shit show gus knows the powerhouse we can become
Completely agree, we will look back and appreciate his hard work, resilience and strategic vision when the success filters through at NRL level.

One key aspect of his style is he sticks to a plan and doesn’t pay attention to the outside noise - in fact, he couldn’t give a flying sh!t what any media personality, troll or fan has to say regarding his approach to making this club great again…. When others caved to the notion of short term success resulting in panic recruitment, Gus remained measured and committed to seeing out a plan.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Take him apart one personality at a time