News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to understand the reasoning behind all the utilities and the lack of middles - not saying i agree with it just pondering
* Philosophy of speed n mobility as the game speeds up?
* Hutchison n Mann - considered forwards rather than backs?
* Xerri maybe a back rower given his size?
* Skelton to transition to a forward - his defensive issues are more decision making than tackling?
* Kikau to transition to more a middle role?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you reckon they now have doubts on Xerri?

Mason in a podcast said Burton to Centre is an option and now chasing an outside back who another club is keen to get rid of.
So now Willie Mason is the source of truth :tearsofjoy:.
In Week 2 of pre-season :tearsofjoy:.
Honestly what a gaggle…
1700604729856.gif

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is good about this signing exactly maroon dog? Dont just say its good and then attack other members. Tell us why its good. How will he improve our team?

In my opinion he wont be a good buy. Hes 28 next year and never held down a spot in a first grade team. Hes slotted in wherever teams have been short with injuries and been just handy at best (and that has been at top 8 clubs)
You didn't get a logical reply.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming We make the same mistakes over and over again. The real fans highlight this and can see something isn’t adding up. The club is a shadow of its once self.

What I find amusing actually disappointing is we can’t review the performances of those like Gould, Khoury, Ciraldo, Mahoney, Kikau and Burton - all on massive coin in the same breath it’s absolute open hate season on the likes of RFM, Topine, Averillo, JMK, Potter and I’m sure others too.

Something isn’t going right at the NRL with all the constant turnover of players and releasing players before their contracts expire. It’s not a situation of players nearing the end and can score an end of career deal. Most of our signings for next year are rejects from other clubs who they didn’t want. Crichton the exception and we paid overs for him.

Someone highlighted we couldn’t sign players before Gould. Actually Barrett for all his coaching flaws was able to land players. It was Barrett who signed Burton and Fox before Gould came. When we signed Cotric he was a current international and Allan was a current origin player. We just destroyed both of them.

I won’t resort to personal abuse of others. I understand they want success and blindside themselves from the faults hoping that every signing proves to be gold standard. They hold out hope it’s a rebuild rather than panic quick fix signings. So it’s one way traffic rather than digesting every situation. They also hold out hope that Gould has some magic tricks up his sleeve. Gould was a good coach in the 1990s. Gould had many strengths he also has some flaws. He also needs to be accountable for his performances. He also needs to be used in his strengths and removed from his weaknesses. Penrith realised this. Penrith realised for them to go to the next level he needed to be either moved sideways or removed.
I’d estimate about 10% of that to be correct.
You’re improving. Training the house down :-).

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming We make the same mistakes over and over again. The real fans highlight this and can see something isn’t adding up. The club is a shadow of its once self.

What I find amusing actually disappointing is we can’t review the performances of those like Gould, Khoury, Ciraldo, Mahoney, Kikau and Burton - all on massive coin in the same breath it’s absolute open hate season on the likes of RFM, Topine, Averillo, JMK, Potter and I’m sure others too.

Something isn’t going right at the NRL with all the constant turnover of players and releasing players before their contracts expire. It’s not a situation of players nearing the end and can score an end of career deal. Most of our signings for next year are rejects from other clubs who they didn’t want. Crichton the exception and we paid overs for him.

Someone highlighted we couldn’t sign players before Gould. Actually Barrett for all his coaching flaws was able to land players. It was Barrett who signed Burton and Fox before Gould came. When we signed Cotric he was a current international and Allan was a current origin player. We just destroyed both of them.

I won’t resort to personal abuse of others. I understand they want success and blindside themselves from the faults hoping that every signing proves to be gold standard. They hold out hope it’s a rebuild rather than panic quick fix signings. So it’s one way traffic rather than digesting every situation. They also hold out hope that Gould has some magic tricks up his sleeve. Gould was a good coach in the 1990s. Gould had many strengths he also has some flaws. He also needs to be accountable for his performances. He also needs to be used in his strengths and removed from his weaknesses. Penrith realised this. Penrith realised for them to go to the next level he needed to be either moved sideways or removed.
And as always your points always converge back to removing people aka the elections. You morons are so textbook everyone on the kennel has either already blocked you, will block you or simply can’t stand you.

..and you don’t vote either