Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forget blaming the fake news media for a moment. What other team gets lapped 66 zip vs Knights??

What other team has players complaining about training being too hard?

The club is a circus whether the fake news report it or not.
Tigers got slapped 74 -0 against cowboys and they are in 9th spot struggling to make the 8 meanwhile knights are in 5th position.
Stop being a drama queen.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How easy would it be for the media to manipulate him into doing this
If it's a mental health issue and he is vulnerable the media are playing with fire but if he is taking the piss and using mental health as an excuse sink him. If it who I believe it is I'm surprised he has been here a few yrs and haven't had a chance really.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet nothing close to legal action will be taken and the Telegraph are just making this shit up to sensationalise the story even more..
Considering legal action is not the same as taking legal action.

It is an ambit claim, to try and get the club to agree to release terms that suit the player and his agent.

Either way, this player's career with the Dogs is finished.

How he becomes marketable to other clubs is no doubt the reason for his mental anguish.

He has turned this into a career defining moment.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers got slapped 74 -0 against cowboys and they are in 9th spot struggling to make the 8 meanwhile knights are in 5th position.
Stop being a drama queen.
Tigers also put 66 points on the Cowboys, and nearly beat us earlier this year. Both the Tigers and Dragons have recognised halves, and a stronger forward pack than the Dogs, yet we are ahead of them on the ladder.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IF there is any truth to him considering it, its a telling sign about his character.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does everyone else find it interesting that the media have gone from 8 to 30 to now 20 people he had to wrestle and zero quotes from players That were their. I don’t believe the media know what happened and are just firing darts at the situation because they hate our GM of football.
Yep and making it sound worse to try and push the club to come out and clarify what actually happened publicly because when they do the media then actually have some facts they can drum up some more stories around and keep the narrative going

Right now it’s all hearsay with the exception of what Gus and Ciraldo have said publicly.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers also put 66 points on the Cowboys, and nearly beat us earlier this year. Both the Tigers and Dragons have recognised halves, and a stronger forward pack than the Dogs, yet we are ahead of them on the ladder.
Only answering the question raised above,
Question was which other team gets lapped 66-0 by the knights.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only answering the question raised above,
Question was which other team gets lapped 66-0 by the knights.
Simply putting perspective on the argument by stating that we are inferior to the clubs below us, yet still won more games.
It wasn't directed at your response, just augmenting what you said.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simply putting perspective on the argument by stating that we are inferior to the clubs below us, yet still won more games.
It wasn't directed at your response, just augmenting what you said.
Yeah I get what you’re saying but this club doesn’t deserve what’s happening on the field and off it.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just another DT click bait headline stringing out the original bullshit story.. Whats next "Potential marriage breakdown caused by Bulldog fallout" lmfao. Journalism at its lowest and has Krustys fingers all over it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Call me cynical but I wonder if he received a tap on the shoulder and this is retaliation.... If true, then it is buzz reporting
Not Topine but for RFM I have heard it’s ti het out of his contract and sign for a premiership contender at min wage. No pressure on him in the new squad. But he gets the same money because doggs too uo the rest.
Unsubstantiated so far but if I can get confirmation I’ll put it in the rumour thread

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the club knows, and action is being taken - hence the threat of legal action as his manager sees his future commissions go down the drain.
Would say all the clubs would have whistle blowing policies in place.. Wouldn't be surprised if this saga is surely settled before it gets any further.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get what you’re saying but this club doesn’t deserve what’s happening on the field and off it.
The club gets what it deserves, but the media feeding frenzy is way over the top.

We should be used to it, though. The media loves nothing more than sticking the boot into us.

Just recall the Elliot nudie Mad Monday incident which was concocted by a perverted journalist with a telescopic lens, hiding on a rooftop for a sensational photo of a private function that was out of sight of anyone but a serial stalker.

Or the female TV journalist, who had covered war zones in the Middle East, being shocked to her core when a player told her to F... off after she and her cameras had staked out a private function at the Dog's home ground.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about it last night and all of a sudden everything makes sense.

The Belmore game against Brisbane. Topine, RFM played. Nu Brown was 18th man. The next week against Penrith, Topine was named, but then dropped out. RFM had his pathetic game of 1 run in the first half. I’m assuming that’s the week this incident happened. RFM then mysteriously misses the next game against the dolphins, Topine still nowhere to be seen. Brown then gets released that week before the dolphins.

Without those three the dogs play the dolphins and get the win. It’s quite obvious that Topine is the one that’s had a sook, gone to RFM who voiced his concerns about the training on behalf of Topine and Brown. Obviously told by Ciraldo to get fucked and the rest is history. RFM gets told he’s welcome to leave, Brown leaves because it’s supposedly too hard for him. RFM is the mole leaking info to the media, Brown is the ex player speaking out. Fuck the lot of them. Their plan has obviously backfired because they have united the fans thinking Ciraldo is finally drawing a line in the sand for shitness. Every ex player and media personality has praised Ciraldo for his hard line approach.

And people sooking about it being too hard, remember when it came out in the media early last year, players who had come to us were suprised about the lack of intensity in Barrett’s training system.

Ciraldo is bringing standards up to where they need to be. He’s seen it first hand with Penrith what’s required. He’s trying to instil it here, and if ***** want to sook. Then fuck off.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would say all the clubs would have whistle blowing policies in place.. Wouldn't be surprised if this saga is surely settled before it gets any further.
If it is settled, I wonder how the Telegraph will turn it into a sensational negative headline?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about it last night and all of a sudden everything makes sense.

The Belmore game against Brisbane. Topine, RFM played. Nu Brown was 18th man. The next week against Penrith, Topine was named, but then dropped out. RFM had his pathetic game of 1 run in the first half. I’m assuming that’s the week this incident happened. RFM then mysteriously misses the next game against the dolphins, Topine still nowhere to be seen. Brown then gets released that week before the dolphins.

Without those three the dogs play the dolphins and get the win. It’s quite obvious that Topine is the one that’s had a sook, gone to RFM who voiced his concerns about the training on behalf of Topine and Brown. Obviously told by Ciraldo to get fucked and the rest is history. RFM gets told he’s welcome to leave, Brown leaves because it’s supposedly too hard for him. RFM is the mole leaking info to the media, Brown is the ex player speaking out. Fuck the lot of them. Their plan has obviously backfired because they have united the fans thinking Ciraldo is finally drawing a line in the sand for shitness. Every ex player and media personality has praised Ciraldo for his hard line approach.

And people sooking about it being too hard, remember when it came out in the media early last year, players who had come to us were suprised about the lack of intensity in Barrett’s training system.

Ciraldo is bringing standards up to where they need to be. He’s seen it first hand with Penrith what’s required. He’s trying to instil it here, and if ***** want to sook. Then fuck off.
A reasonable assumption, but we'll no doubt find out who the players are.

Some journo will want the "scoop", or the player will volunteer himself for the media dollars - as he won't be earning much from playing football.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is Topine and I am sure it is, I just want to send a shout out to the muppets on here that had a hissy fit every time okunbor got selected in front of this bloke, you really know your shit, got some mad rugby league knowledge, well done…..

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is Topine and I am sure it is, I just want to send a shout out to the muppets on here that had a hissy fit every time okunbor got selected in front of this bloke, you really know your shit, got some mad rugby league knowledge, well done…..
Yeah I’ll admit I was one of those. But also understand as fans we only see 80 minute games. We don’t see what happens behind the scenes. Fans need to realise that before seeing the team sheet. We don’t see what happens at training, how hard guys train compared to others. From all reports Okunbor has been training hard and obviously Ciraldo is impressed by guys who work hard on their game, hence his reward for playing games this season.