Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confidence is down and I don't know how long they can buy into what's being sold to them at training, it won't be a easy game either.
I feel a 3 day camp coming up, somewhere nice & sunny near the beach to re charge their batteredries.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saints are garbage. Even with all of our injuries and limitations in the side, it's an easily winnable game that I'm confident we can win. Saints have as many, if not more issues than us at the moment.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If they clean up the horrible handling errors I can’t see how we lose this. Despite being ordinary we’ve looked better than the dragons

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't mind the Sutton signing at the time but he's been horrible the last month or so. Last night was rock bottom. He's playing so bad right now we can't even pick him despite our injury crisis.
He seems to have gotten worse as the season has gone on. Not sure if he’s worn out, in bad form or just a spud

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team stability and having faith in your team is one thing but 3 straight losses where each team has put minimum 30 points on you justifies changes. Totally understand that we have a personnel crisis ATM but I think CC has to take a chance.

I'm not confident that Reynolds can play the full 80 but Oloapu and nu brown on the bench to give Reynolds and Reed rest (or if you want Reed to play the full 80, Nu can switch into the back row like he was in the first few rounds). Pele comes in for Okunbor - was a big fan of the Ox experiment in the forwards but his lateral movement is terrible and he still shirt grabs in defense.

Skelton comes into the back 5 but I'm not sold on avo going into 1 and dropping perham

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dragon have only 2 wins, they must also have a lot of reserve graders in their team. Difference is hook has been for his 3rd season now isn’t it?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If nothing else okunbur must go. Got no idea what ciraldo sees in him he is a pea hearted marshmallow all his hit ups are flat footed from a standing start and he is an arm grabber when tackling afraid to put his body on the line. If he keeps picking him it is beyond stupidity.
He waits for the attacker to run past him so he can tackle from behind! CC loses credibility selecting him

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These guys need a rev up and reshuffle.

If we beat Dragon hook most likely gets sacked and we can go after players who want out.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is my fear too. It's all effort under extreme adversity and dumb handling/mistakes when we get the ball and no x factor AT ALL. It's taking a toll.

Ciro simply has to put some hope, give them some positives by selecting Skelton and KO on the bench. Ok chances are they wont be single handedly winning the game for the guys but there will be tackle breaks, some runs from Skelton and KO probably could bring more than JR.

Ciro probably wont change it up tho bcof preference to go with experience.
Why CC is unwilling to give Oloapu and Skelton a chance is beyond me. They could be the spark our attack needs. Didn't Einstein say the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results . . . Make the necessary changes CC !!

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He seems to have gotten worse as the season has gone on. Not sure if he’s worn out, in bad form or just a spud
Idk if its a coincidence but he’s been shit since he started wearing headgear lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Jeral Skelton
03. Braidon Burns
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Hayze Perham