Todd Carney Related Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the boys up in atherton, i dont think will take to kindly to todd carneys bad behaviour.
in the bush, its ruff justice,its delt with befor the police are called in.
welcome to the bush todd

K

kennyy

OLOL this atherton guy is a liar or someone is. Canberra has said on many occasions they tried to help him rehabilitate himself. Even after they tore his contract up they offered help (despite the initial offer being to continue playing and not drink)

He said there would be a support network at the Roosters for Carney, who has been set up with a job and board at Nasser's Barron Valley Hotel as part of his deal at the club.

"When he left Canberra, there was no rehabilitation for him, they just wiped him," Nasser said.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He makes me laugh but how would you feel if it was your car? Wtf goes through his mind?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LMaO

As evil as it sounds, this makes me feel so mucg better about myself.

LOL, what a dumbass, deserves everthing he gets.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sydney Roosters sign Todd Carney

THE Roosters will boast the NRL's hottest scrumbase trio next season, with Todd Carney agreeing to join star playmakers Mitchell Pearce and Braith Anasta at Bondi.
With incumbent NSW halfback Pearce secured until 2013, Carney will arrive at the club as a five-eighth and enable Anasta to shift to lock.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Carney and Roosters officials reached an agreement several weeks ago for the ex-Raiders ball-player to resume his NRL career with the tricolours.

Have the Roosters made the right move? Vote in our poll below.

Sacked by Canberra last July after a string of alcohol-related incidents, Carney is prevented from playing NRL this season. He accepted a footballing lifeline from far North Queensland two weeks ago, joining local side Atherton Roosters and playing his first game in eight months.

Related Links
Dean Ritchie: Worst decision in the club's history
Another bad boy: Footbrawling Rooster debuts
Poll: Have the Roosters made the right move?
But it can now be revealed that Carney headed to the tropics with his future beyond 2008 already finalised after negotiating with the Roosters several weeks ago.

Although no contract has been signed, The Daily Telegraph understands both parties have agreed in principle to a four-year deal that will make Carney a Rooster until 2013.

The Roosters wanted to monitor Carney's rehabilitation in Atherton during the next month before making an announcement.

Dean Ritchie: Worst decision in the club's history
Another bad boy: Footbrawling Rooster debuts

Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan last night refused to confirm the club had secured Carney's services. "We are going to monitor his behaviour and have a think about it," he said.

"We are interested in quality players and we'll see how things go.

"He hasn't signed anything yet."

Carney's manager David Riolo scoffed at suggestions that a deal had been done.

"You can write whatever you want - I don't know where you are getting your mail from," Riolo said.

"He hasn't agreed to any terms."

Gallery: The highs and lows of Todd Carney

But Penrith - one of several clubs in the race for Carney's signature - last night confirmed they were now looking elsewhere on account of the Roosters winning out.

"We were in there with the best of them," Panthers general manager Mick Leary said.

"As far as I knew we'd matched the dollars other clubs had put up but I haven't spoken to his manager David Riolo for about a month. We were keen to obtain a new halfback but I'm sure there will be other opportunities that present themselves."

Carney, 22, spent most of his time in Canberra as a halfback. Although he will wear the Roosters' No. 6, he could still play first receiver on the opposite side of the ruck to Pearce. Officials also believe he has enough utility value to fill in at fullback.

Carney's signing will place pressure on the Roosters to retain Anthony Minichiello and Setaimata Sa, who are off contract after this season.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Todd Carney Signing A Slap In The Face

SYDNEY Roosters, you are kidding.
Signing serial bad boy Todd Carney is the most embarrassing and ill-conceived move in the club's history.

Shame on the officials who want to sign him, because the game doesn't need him. Carney has had ample chances to redeem his horrendous reputation but continues to reoffend.

The bloke can play football, no doubt, but he has alcohol issues.

Why would any club sign a player with these problems in the current climate? Is it not enough the game has been forced to deal with drunken players Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Brett Seymour and Daniel Holdsworth in recent weeks?

If I was the chief executive of major sponsor Samsung I would be straight on the phone demanding answers. I would bluntly say: "If Carney signs, we take our millions of dollars elsewhere."

Quite obviously the Roosters do not care about the image of rugby league.

They only care about results. How selfish and self-centred. The game, and the Roosters' fans, deserve better.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
geez that journalist should chill the f*ck out

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
kick them out of the comp

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Minichiello
Carney
Pearce
O'Meley
Myles
Mason
Anasta

How?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Good move there Mr Manager !

Send an alcoholic to a club where there are coke-aholics !!!

Nooooo, this cant fail at all - Genius stuff !

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if this turns out to be true......

on one hand, this is the most absurd thing any club could do

on the other hand, he couldn't be going to a better club, lol

it is the most pleasing thing to watch all our former players playing at very average standards, except maybe nate myles stands above the rest and then to hear they are possibly going to sign this bloke

deadset, i couldn't have hoped for a better effort of mismanagement from the goosters

how's mason going for ya? lmao

the icing on the cake would be if they missed the finals this year, because of many reasons, but in the end, it would be the 4th time in 5 years, just lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes stuffed up, but no kidding hes definately a good player, and will only get better...

They "secure" these quality players for long contracts.. Long deals is win win for them, if the player performs they have him for a while, if he doesnt on ya bike midcontract...

Thats a big$ halves pairing... Pearce 400K, Anasta 300K, & Carney...

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minichiello
Carney
Pearce
O'Meley
Myles
Mason
Anasta

How?
Minichiello probably wont re-new his contract.

Stupid move by the c0cks. Setaimata Sa is off contract? His a very skillful player. Oh the Roosters. Unbelievable lol.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, this is unbelievable.

Wonder how many warnings the jewsters will give him before he gets sacked, he is not going to last the year anyway.

I feel sorry for Canberra out of all this. They built their team around him and look at where they are at now.

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easy done. Just get out the old corporate american express card and hand it out. Another way to get around it is get one of your major sponsors (Wizard) to hand the players interest free loans to buy houses or fix up their current one.
The Rooster will never get caught until some gives them in. No player would wont to let the tax department know how much they are really getting.

U

Upskirt News

LOL!
This will be interesting

Heres 200k brother and an apartment 10mins from every watering hole in town

no worries

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD...
The writing was on the wall as soon as the rumours surfaced... Do the Roosters ever recruit an avergae player who they turn onto a star?
All there recruits over the years have been at the very least pretty good players before joing them or much hyped...
Fittler, Wing, Fitzgibbon, Finch, Harrison, Monaghan, Roberts, Omeley, Mason, Myles, Anasta, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.