Opinion Where will Crichton play?

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo plays good this season and we can resign him for long term for relatively cheap

Xerria plays good next season and he’s gonna demand a cock load of money for a long term deal

we already have too much cap invested in the backline

Financially, it makes the most sense to take advantage of our juniors who will take less to stay. Ciro has also said he believes avo can be one of the elite centres in the comp.

I would personally be transitioning Xerri to the back row, the guy has put on at least 10-20kg to when he last played

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He let in at least 2 clean line breaks, I haven't had a change to watch a replay yet, I do that on Wednesdays
He didn't. Our middles collapsed and our defensive system broke down and exposed our edges. Mason has talked about our defence before online and the Tigers got back into the game when we failed to do exactly what he was talking about. If Ciraldo thinks Jake is the only one at fault then he will drop him and promote one of our many backs from reserves.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way Averagedildo has no heart are you blind, won't win a comp with him letting them through.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo has been good this year but unfortunately he is surplus requirements next year we have lots of centre depth he will get better opportunities elsewhere

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Averagedildo has no heart are you blind, won't win a comp with him letting them through.
Just watched the highlights.
Averillo not to blame on 2 of those tries and only marginally to blame on the 2nd try via the Naden break.

On the first try by Brooks, Averillo is trying to pull the Tigers player into touch who throws a ball back infield and our inside men don't slide enough to prevent the Brooks break. Averillo did however get abit lazy to return to the field from outside the sideline and maybe could have helped with the chase after the break was made.

On the second try, it looks like an Averillo miss but it's touch and go whether Naden is his man. He is partly to blame though. Kiraz misses the tackle on Naden after the Tigers ran a good movement to create an overlap. Averillo should have faith in his inside man to cover the ball player though and focus on his man (Naden).

Third try was through the middle and no where near him.

I know you want to find a scapegoat, and Averillo is on the tip of your tongue, but you need to be reasonable with your criticisms.

Avo can certainly improve his defence and attitude I'm sure CC and coaching staff will review the video and point out how his decision making contributed to the line breaks, but it's not a matter of pointing the finger.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This will probably be our backline next season. Perham is getting better every game, but he’s not playing so amazingly that we’d keep him at fb. Obviously there’s much water to go under the bridge before Crichton arrives, but even if Perham wows this season, I’d say he’ll be on the fringe still. A good backup that can play anywhere in the backline. Totally forgot Papalii, but he’s far from ready. He may be by the end of the season though. Wait and see.
Yep long way to go before 23. Averillo and Perham are both first graders and don’t think we could keep them if they’re not in the starting side. But it will free up cash to strengthen other areas

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No Alamonti?
I'm torn on Alamoti as he's not on the right edge and is quite slow. Issue is if you move him to the right you take him away from JAC. Bit of a balancing issue.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of which outside backs we each prefer over the other, the ideal situation is to keep all of them because....
DEPTH WINS PREMIERSHIPS!!!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm torn on Alamoti as he's not on the right edge and is quite slow. Issue is if you move him to the right you take him away from JAC. Bit of a balancing issue.

I don't really have an issue with Alamontis pace to be honest. Naden is probably one of the fastest in the game, he would catch most people.

Watch the replay again, none of the Tigers outside backs were gaining on him except Naden.

Joseph Manu isn't particularly quick, I remember watching him hit open space in a match against Tonga and he looked as slow as Hoppa. His strength is his athletic ability and footwork.

Same with Alamonti, he will use his big frame to attract defenders to set up JAC or break tackles.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see why Xerri should be guaranteed anything. He’s been out of the game a long time and probably needs a full season in NSW Cup just to get back up to speed.
I’m not sure Crichton walks into a FB spot with us and he might not even want it. He’s already got his money and it might be better for his rep chances to stay playing centre as Teddy is a lock at FB for the foreseeable future

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights.
Averillo not to blame on 2 of those tries and only marginally to blame on the 2nd try via the Naden break.

On the first try by Brooks, Averillo is trying to pull the Tigers player into touch who throws a ball back infield and our inside men don't slide enough to prevent the Brooks break. Averillo did however get abit lazy to return to the field from outside the sideline and maybe could have helped with the chase after the break was made.

On the second try, it looks like an Averillo miss but it's touch and go whether Naden is his man. He is partly to blame though. Kiraz misses the tackle on Naden after the Tigers ran a good movement to create an overlap. Averillo should have faith in his inside man to cover the ball player though and focus on his man (Naden).

Third try was through the middle and no where near him.

I know you want to find a scapegoat, and Averillo is on the tip of your tongue, but you need to be reasonable with your criticisms.

Avo can certainly improve his defence and attitude I'm sure CC and coaching staff will review the video and point out how his decision making contributed to the line breaks, but it's not a matter of pointing the finger.
I ask you this, if he or any another centre had to make a one on one tackle to save your life, would you still favour him?

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't see it as a problem, it highlights that our club is finally turning the corner, finally in a stronger position to have quality depth in the top 30.

Plus we also know most backline players train in various positions in the pre-season to cover misfortunes so having depth is a good problem.

Let's continue our trust in our very own Goulddfather + Ciraldo who have a plan for everyone they have signed and will sign going forward.
It’s a problem, but for the first time in years, it’s a good one for us. Ciraldo will have a tough time selecting the team and it’ll be great

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see why Xerri should be guaranteed anything. He’s been out of the game a long time and probably needs a full season in NSW Cup just to get back up to speed.
I’m not sure Crichton walks into a FB spot with us and he might not even want it. He’s already got his money and it might be better for his rep chances to stay playing centre as Teddy is a lock at FB for the foreseeable future
If fit Turbo should be fullback but he won't because Freddy is a muppet that can't coach

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri went from NSW Cup, to NRL and then to be in SOO contention in under 1 year, when he was 18/19. He played for 13 years from when he was 6 years old. Anyone who thinks it going to take him more than a handful of games to demand NRL selection is just being illogically negative.

Always a Bulldog

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Regardless of which outside backs we each prefer over the other, the ideal situation is to keep all of them because....
DEPTH WINS PREMIERSHIPS!!!!!
That’s a myth. You need the best quality 15 or 16 players with lots of young talent on unders who are learning off the seasoned pros. Can’t be wasting money on players who can’t make the 17