Opinion Where will Crichton play?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Crichton isn't a fullback.
2. Xerri will most likely start in nsw cup.

So with that being said

1. Joash Papalii
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Paul Alamoti
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jacob Kiraz

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo and Perham would be the obvious guys left out if we don't see further development in them.

Averillo is one of the worst defensive centres I've seen. 2 of those Tigers tries yesterday started from his poor defensive reads.

Perham has been serviceable, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought he'd ever be even half as good as what Chrichton is.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows.. but at least we will be a little spoilt for selections next year with Xerri and Steve signings. Better to have them then not lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a good problem to have and there's no use getting too far ahead of ourselves because there may be an injury, changes in form or someone moved on..

Long term I still think Papalii could be fullback and Alamoti is looking better and better every game.. He's a keeper..

For now let's just enjoy this year's team and the improvements they're making and deal with the rest when the time comes...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a good problem to have and there's no use getting too far ahead of ourselves because there may be an injury, changes in form or someone moved on..

Long term I still think Papalii could be fullback and Alamoti is looking better and better every game.. He's a keeper..

For now let's just enjoy this year's team and the improvements they're making and deal with the rest when the time comes...
Good problems to have. I rather this than trying to pick whose going to partner Kerrod Holland in the centres haha
Only problem will be if we lose good local talent cause we've imported names, but that criticism will only come if we aren't performing. If we start doing well then it's just the nature of the cap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good problems to have. I rather this than trying to pick whose going to partner Kerrod Holland in the centres haha
Only problem will be if we lose good local talent cause we've imported names, but that criticism will only come if we aren't performing. If we start doing well then it's just the nature of the cap.
Yeah I would hate to lose those types of players but that will happen with success, so again it's a good problem to have if and when the time comes..

The greatest thing is finally having speed and power all across the backline and scoring more 50 plus metre tries since Potter took over last year than we've had in almost a decade.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo will be given a whole season to learn the position. Then next year it will be a shooting match between him and Xerri.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo will be given a whole season to learn the position. Then next year it will be a shooting match between him and Xerri.
Averillo doesn’t have a contract beyond this season. I think with who we have already contacted in outside backs for 2024. Averillo will be lucky if he gets a new contract with us.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As CMP just said, Averillo off contract & most likely the one to be squeezed out. I reckon the Eels will go hard for him.

Xerri is big enough to play back row in my opinion & I wouldn't be surprised to see him there or on the bench like Okonbur ATM covering outside backs & back row.
But it's gonna take him a while to get used to the game again regardless of his position.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As CMP just said, Averillo off contract & most likely the one to be squeezed out. I reckon the Eels will go hard for him.

Xerri is big enough to play back row in my opinion & I wouldn't be surprised to see him there or on the bench like Okonbur ATM covering outside backs & back row.
But it's gonna take him a while to get used to the game again regardless of his position.
I think Xerri is being recruited for his speed.
btw hes still juicing

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Critta is better than all of the players OP mentioned.
he’ll play FB.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure Averillo is getting an extension

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamonti too slow for centre. Better off as a forward.
Lol. You want to throw our best center prospect into the forwards? Who cares about express pace. We won the 04 GF with Tonga/Harris who weren't exactly speedsters. He's got all the skill sets to be a great center. He can defend, break tackles and setup his outside man.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who really gives that much about his speed when he has the fastest man on the planet as his winger to set up?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Alamoti will be a future 2nd rower me thinks.. he is way too slow for a centre.

He will learn a shitload next to Kikau and Ado-carr before he makes transition 1 day. Xerri and/or chrichton will be centres in 2024 especially if Perham/Papalii continue to get better at FB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Averilo looks to be the most vulnerable to miss out..because someone has too and his contract is up as well. See what happens tho.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We’d have to let Perham go and I think Averillo will also go
Xerri is more talented than any of them with his pace and strength plus had good hands from memory. I want him at centre
1. Crighton
2. Addocarr
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he signed with us because he wants to play FB so I’d say he’ll be our FB.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We’d have to let Perham go and I think Averillo will also go
Xerri is more talented than any of them with his pace and strength plus had good hands from memory. I want him at centre
1. Crighton
2. Addocarr
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
This is most likely endgame I think