CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That would be my preference too, dunno who gets squeezed out though
No point worrying about it for now, anything can happen between now and then. I still hate the Crichton signing though...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Xerri will need to prove himself before getting a guaranteed f/g spot you would think. Then there's Papalii who must be on the cusp by 2024.

Round 1 2024

Crighton
Skelton (if he continues to improve)
Alamonti
Kiraz (deserves a shot at Centre if he prefers that position)
JAC

Burton
KO/Rajab

King
Mahoney
TPJ
Kiks
Preston
Thompson (if re-signed on $400k or what Gus thinks is fair)

Perham (new utility)
Sutton
RFM
Any up and comer or a new signing.

Majority of all those off contract will probs be let go, subject to Gus' plans.

Reactions: ATT

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be relying on Xerri, coming back after 4 years he'll take a year at least.

I've said it for ages, Crighton is NOT a fullback, so I'd play him at centre, Perham is getting better with every game at FB.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Crighton has signed for fullback. If Averillo keeps up his form I can see him staying in the centres.
Watching alamoti yesterday maybe the plan is to move him into the back row ? Either Xerri or Alamoti will surely go into the back row

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No point worrying about it for now, anything can happen between now and then. I still hate the Crichton signing though...
Agreed. I like him more than you do but it's bad resource management

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will have to play centre we cant let papali go
1) josh papali
2)kiraz
3)critta
4)alamotti
5)jac

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m ready to say sayonara to Averillo tbh. He simply doesn’t add enough. Like I said re: Alamoti, he’s out performing Averillo who has far more experience, which says it all really. We’ll have Xerri AND Crichton next year, so I can’t see where Avo fits.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As CMP just said, Averillo off contract & most likely the one to be squeezed out. I reckon the Eels will go hard for him.

Xerri is big enough to play back row in my opinion & I wouldn't be surprised to see him there or on the bench like Okonbur ATM covering outside backs & back row.
But it's gonna take him a while to get used to the game again regardless of his position.
There’s a snowflake’s chance in hell we’d play Xerri in the forwards. I mean seriously? His strength is his speed and footwork. He’ll play centre, simple as that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed. I like him more than you do but it's bad resource management
I'm 99% convinced he will just end up being an overpaid centre with us and someone like Hayze will be a better option at fullback on a fraction of the salary. He's potentially an Edwards type fullback with better footwork.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrighton will be centre and when and if needed revert to fullback just like at the Panthers. His versatility will be key for us.

Phil Gould does not sign players with demands of playing a certain position and Chrighton has come out saying he did not sign just to play fullback. So to answer your question, Avo will not be in Dogs top 17 next year IF he is re-signed, but I doubt that will happen so Chrighton will definitely be our right side centre which will give us great size on the right with Kiraz.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I'm like 99% Xerri is more of a left centre than right centre so that also might be something to consider too.
I reckon Alomoti moves to right centre next season. The club rates him highly as a centre and they are just looking after his development by posting him next to JAC and more importantly Kikau.

The move next year will be more important as we have more troops coming, it will help prevent second season syndrome and open up the right side.

Chricton might start the season as left centre if Hayze keeps improving

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s a snowflake’s chance in hell we’d play Xerri in the forwards. I mean seriously? His strength is his speed and footwork. He’ll play centre, simple as that.
He's a drug cheat and hasn't played football for 4 years, I don't think anything is guaranteed when it comes to him.

Reactions: ATT

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’d have to let Perham go and I think Averillo will also go
Xerri is more talented than any of them with his pace and strength plus had good hands from memory. I want him at centre
1. Crighton
2. Addocarr
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
This will probably be our backline next season. Perham is getting better every game, but he’s not playing so amazingly that we’d keep him at fb. Obviously there’s much water to go under the bridge before Crichton arrives, but even if Perham wows this season, I’d say he’ll be on the fringe still. A good backup that can play anywhere in the backline. Totally forgot Papalii, but he’s far from ready. He may be by the end of the season though. Wait and see.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 99% convinced he will just end up being an overpaid centre with us and someone like Hayze will be a better option at fullback on a fraction of the salary. He's potentially an Edwards type fullback with better footwork.
Think we are seeing why Ciraldo went with Perham and it isn't the attack, at the games you can tell why. Bloke is always talking. It isn't his fault that Jake missed 3 1 on 1's and let in tries, the line was set that's just 1 on 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think we are seeing why Ciraldo went with Perham and it isn't the attack, at the games you can tell why. Bloke is always talking. It isn't his fault that Jake missed 3 1 on 1's and let in tries, the line was set that's just 1 on 1.
Jake didn't let in the tries.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No if about Averillo, not many get the chances he had been gifted, pee heart. Park football awaits, i would prefer to eat my own poo than see him cat it.