NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KD was not in Lebron's class as a prospect. He wasn't even the best prospect in his own class.
KD averaged 26 and 11 in college as a freshman.. KD and LeBron have been the two best prospects of the past 20 years.

Either way, Wembanyama is the best prospect since them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
KD averaged 26 and 11 in college as a freshman.. KD and LeBron have been the two best prospects of the past 20 years.

Either way, Wembanyama is the best prospect since them.
No, Greg Oden was the better prospect and went ahead of KD. The majority of people at the time said it was the right decision to take Oden at 1 over KD. No one was tanking for KD.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, Greg Oden was the better prospect and went ahead of KD. The majority of people at the time said it was the right decision to take Oden at 1 over KD. No one was tanking for KD.
Oden went ahead of KD but plenty of people wanted KD 1st. It's not like he was some scrub no one knew about. He went #2. Jordan went #3 and he was a gold medallist and NCAA champ that everyone knew would be great. Does that mean Sam Bowie was a better prospect than Jordan because he got drafted ahead of him? Sometimes you nitpick and argue for the sake of it..

I'm trying to tell @ASSASSIN that the Spurs are tanking to try and get the best prospect in a long time and you want to argue semantics

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oden went ahead of KD but plenty of people wanted KD 1st. It's not like he was some scrub no one knew about. He went #2. Jordan went #3 and he was a gold medallist and NCAA champ that everyone knew would be great. Does that mean Sam Bowie was a better prospect than Jordan because he got drafted ahead of him? Sometimes you nitpick and argue for the sake of it..

I'm trying to tell @ASSASSIN that the Spurs are tanking to try and get the best prospect in a long time and you want to argue semantics
What a dumb argument bringing up Jordan vs Bowie. It has literally nothing to do with Oden vs KD. Nearly every GM would’ve taken Oden over KD because he was a better prospect. I made 1 statement about it and now you’re the one arguing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a dumb argument bringing up Jordan vs Bowie. It has literally nothing to do with Oden vs KD. Nearly every GM would’ve taken Oden over KD because he was a better prospect. I made 1 statement about it and now you’re the one arguing.
It was a legit debate at the time about KD/Oden. KD was dominating at Texas. Oden was a great prospect too that didn't work out because of injuries. But everyone knew how great KD would be. It was the ultimate 1A/1B can't go wrong with either pick draft. Unfortunately for Portland again, they drafted an injury prone big man instead of Jordan and KD.

Again, either way Wembanyama is the best prospect in a long time. Would you agree?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@CQDog I've been saying for two seasons that Quickley is a baller.. Just needed minutes and shots.. I'm glad Thibs finally let him play.. In 4 of his last 7 games these are his numbers:

21pts, 2 rebs and 3 assts
38 pts, 8 rebs and 7 assts, 4 stls
26 pts, 10 rebs and 4 assts
26 pts, 10 rebs and 4 assts
He and Maxey have such similar games. I actually think Quick’s game is a lot less aggressive but somewhat more efficient to Maxey but they play so similar. Makes sense since they were both a backcourt for Kentucky. Brunson needs to comeback so he can go back to his 6 man of the year campaign haha. Its between him or Brogdon i feel, wouldn’t complain if either of those two won the award

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2 wins 2 losses on our West Coast trip to which Brunson only played a half of basketball on the first game of the trip. Very pleased

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He and Maxey have such similar games. I actually think Quick’s game is a lot less aggressive but somewhat more efficient to Maxey but they play so similar. Makes sense since they were both a backcourt for Kentucky. Brunson needs to comeback so he can go back to his 6 man of the year campaign haha. Its between him or Brogdon i feel, wouldn’t complain if either of those two won the award
I love Quickley's floater game. He's becoming better as a playmaker too. You're right about him and Maxey, they have a very similar style. Both have a crazy quick first step.. Quickley has been underrated for a while but now everyone will know who he is. He'll be getting a massive extension soon.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was a legit debate at the time about KD/Oden. KD was dominating at Texas. Oden was a great prospect too that didn't work out because of injuries. But everyone knew how great KD would be. It was the ultimate 1A/1B can't go wrong with either pick draft. Unfortunately for Portland again, they drafted an injury prone big man instead of Jordan and KD.

Again, either way Wembanyama is the best prospect in a long time. Would you agree?
He‘s the best prospect of all-time maybe.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2 wins 2 losses on our West Coast trip to which Brunson only played a half of basketball on the first game of the trip. Very pleased
Would probably be better to be the 6th seed than the 5th seed. Need to avoid the Bucs as long as possible.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NBL GF Game 5 tonight. Should be a cracker. Xavier Cooks' last game before he leaves the NBL to go to the NBA.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NBL GF Game 5 tonight. Should be a cracker. Xavier Cooks' last game before he leaves the NBL to go to the NBA.
I'm spewing I can't go.. My mate has courtside season tickets and I can't make it.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I love Quickley's floater game. He's becoming better as a playmaker too. You're right about him and Maxey, they have a very similar style. Both have a crazy quick first step.. Quickley has been underrated for a while but now everyone will know who he is. He'll be getting a massive extension soon.
I would love for him to be a Knick for a long time. I would start him at SG after this season ends and move Grimes to the bench

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would love for him to be a Knick for a long time. I would start him at SG after this season ends and move Grimes to the bench
I think he deserves to be a starter eventually but for now this role suits him as he doesn't have to compete for touches with Randle and Brunson etc and can run the 2nd unit by being the focal point..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm spewing I can't go.. My mate has courtside season tickets and I can't make it.
That's crap for you. Going to be a an awesome atmosphere.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's crap for you. Going to be a an awesome atmosphere.
They've been getting massive crowds lately. Bigger than most NRL games. I think the Kings will win. Atmosphere will be awesome. Will only be able to watch the replay later tonight.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This GF game & the whole series basically has been like watching 90's NBA. Tough defense & not everyone just shooting 3's.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
These refs are terrible.