Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Damn. Really wanted Breakers to win

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These refs are terrible.
Pretty badly officiated.
They don’t call this in general in the NBL (yet) but almost every possession a player commits a carry or palms the ball. Seems like a Small thing but it illegally nullifies good defence.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty badly officiated.
They don’t call this in general in the NBL (yet) but almost every possession a player commits a carry or palms the ball. Seems like a Small thing but it illegally nullifies good defence.
The refs allowed more than enough contact. They let them play tough so that wasn't the issue. They allowed the worst goaltending I've ever seen & fouls were weird.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The refs allowed more than enough contact. They let them play tough so that wasn't the issue. They allowed the worst goaltending I've ever seen & fouls were weird.
It's the FIBA rule where there's no basket interference defensively. I hate that rule. Should get rid of it in FIBA and the NBL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great game, great series. I feel bad for the Breakers but the Kings closed it out well. Glover came up huge when injured.. Changed the game.. Walton stepped up massively in the 2nd half. Cooks came to life on both ends.. The Breakers had so many bad looks in the 4th quarter and didn't play through McDowell-White enough..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's the FIBA rule where there's no basket interference defensively. I hate that rule. Should get rid of it in FIBA and the NBL
Nah it touched the rim and in the NBL that’s goal tending. Even the commentators said so.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah it touched the rim and in the NBL that’s goal tending. Even the commentators said so.
The FIBA/NBL rule is this.

"In FIBA, players are allowed to touch the ball after it hits the rim even if the ball is in a downwards motion toward to goal and is within the cylinder of the ring. Players can also tip the ball even if it's still in the cylinder area."

It'd be a goaltend is if the player actually touched the ring itself, which might have happened. I skipped through replays as I watched it late..

Either way it's a stupid/convoluted rule which makes it harder for refs. If it was the NBA rule, it'd be easier to rule on. I hate seeing shots taken off the ring defensively in FIBA/NBL. Thankfully it didn't affect the result.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Warriors have won 8 straight at home but lost 8 straight on the road. They've been horrible on the road all season which is bizarre for the defending champs and such an experienced team. You wouldn't want to play them in a series still but this Warriors team is nowhere near as good as last years. It was all downhill after Draymond punched Poole
Not being able to put our best 5 on the court 90% of games hasn’t helped, especially when you’re talking about all stars

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The FIBA/NBL rule is this.

"In FIBA, players are allowed to touch the ball after it hits the rim even if the ball is in a downwards motion toward to goal and is within the cylinder of the ring. Players can also tip the ball even if it's still in the cylinder area."

It'd be a goaltend is if the player actually touched the ring itself, which might have happened. I skipped through replays as I watched it late..

Either way it's a stupid/convoluted rule which makes it harder for refs. If it was the NBA rule, it'd be easier to rule on. I hate seeing shots taken off the ring defensively in FIBA/NBL. Thankfully it didn't affect the result.
I can't remember it exactly but the commentators were saying it was a ball interference and everyone online said the same. Anyway lucky it didn't end up costing Sydney the win.

The NBL made a few rule changes just prior to the season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't remember it exactly but the commentators were saying it was a ball interference and everyone online said the same. Anyway lucky it didn't end up costing Sydney the win.

The NBL made a few rule changes just prior to the season.
I think the one you're talking about that Pardon dude actually grabbed the ring which is why they were blowing up about it, so it should have been a goaltend.

Any other time you can take it off the ring. The Breakers did it a few times legally that game which saved baskets and I think Cooks did it once too. So it's still a rule, just a stupid one..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the one you're talking about that Pardon dude actually grabbed the ring which is why they were blowing up about it, so it should have been a goaltend.

Any other time you can take it off the ring. The Breakers did it a few times legally that game which saved baskets and I think Cooks did it once too. So it's still a rule, just a stupid one..
I was talking about 1 particular incident so I don't know why you're even talking about the rule.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was talking about 1 particular incident so I don't know why you're even talking about the rule.
My point is they allow all of this legal goaltending so they miss stuff like grabbing the ring. If they changed the rule to the NBA rule, it'd be a better rule and easier for the refs

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My point is they allow all of this legal goaltending so they miss stuff like grabbing the ring. If they changed the rule to the NBA rule, it'd be a better rule and easier for the refs
Everyone at home & in the arena saw it. No excuse for the refs not seeing it.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another big lead given up by Boston. This is a must win game. If they lose, they're down to the 3rd seed.

I expect them to win, however it should not have gotten this close.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst I think Giannis should be the MVP this season, I think voters will come down to Jokic and Embiid. I would've gone Jokic but since the all-star break Embiid has been incredible.

Embiid is going to win two scoring titles in a row whilst being arguably the leagues best defender. Pretty insane to think about.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I think Giannis should be the MVP this season, I think voters will come down to Jokic and Embiid. I would've gone Jokic but since the all-star break Embiid has been incredible.

Embiid is going to win two scoring titles in a row whilst being arguably the leagues best defender. Pretty insane to think about.
I feel like when they gave Russ the MVP in 2017 they set the precedent. If Jokic finishes the season with a triple double and the first seed... it would be hard not to give him the MVP.

I love the fact its 2 big men vying for it though.. been a while since we have seen this. Technically 3 big men. Giannis too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel like when they gave Russ the MVP in 2017 they set the precedent. If Jokic finishes the season with a triple double and the first seed... it would be hard not to give him the MVP.

I love the fact its 2 big men vying for it though.. been a while since we have seen this. Technically 3 big men. Giannis too.
Its a tough one, I personally dont think there has been a single time that either Jokic or Embiid were the clear best player in the league, as I think Giannis took that off LeBron in 2021. But MVP is a regular season award and I get why Jokic is probably going to get his third, its just odd though, how can you not be the undisputed best player in the world and yet have 3 MVPs.

Giannis is one more MVP and championship away from forcing his way into the top 15-17 best players ever.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Bucs just allowed the Pacers to score 84 second half points.