The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been quite unwell most of the past 10 days, since my last dose of Chemo - which has hit me really hard. Struggling to eat or even get out of bed.

Next week I am scheduled for another blood transfusion on Tuesday, and for hopefully my final dose of Chemo on Wednesday. Then there will be some testing to see how the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is.

The recent Chemo has been more brutal, as it builds up in my system. So looking forward to hopefully coming off it.

I want to thank everyone for the support. Still a way to go with the Leukemia, but hopefully an end in sight with the Hodgkin's battle.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been quite unwell most of the past 10 days, since my last dose of Chemo - which has hit me really hard. Struggling to eat or even get out of bed.

Next week I am scheduled for another blood transfusion on Tuesday, and for hopefully my final dose of Chemo on Wednesday. Then there will be some testing to see how the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is.

The recent Chemo has been more brutal, as it builds up in my system. So looking forward to hopefully coming off it.

I want to thank everyone for the support. Still a way to go with the Leukemia, but hopefully an end in sight with the Hodgkin's battle.
I feel for you mate the entire thing sounds absolutely awful.
Don’t really know what to say but keep strong and let’s hope this final treatment isn’t no way as bad.
Gunning that our beloved team knocks up a good win to lift your spirits.
Take care.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel for you mate the entire thing sounds absolutely awful.
Don’t really know what to say but keep strong and let’s hope this final treatment isn’t no way as bad.
Gunning that our beloved team knocks up a good win to lift your spirits.
Take care.
Thanks mate, very much appreciated.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear it’s been so tough BW..I really am.. Hopefully the Hodgkin’s can be kicked to the curb and you can focus all your energy to knocking out Leukaemia.. You are always in my thoughts bud..

You are a fighter no doubt..I admire how you keep the humour up in the funny picture thread..A doctor once told me it’s the best weapon you have to fight with..

Hang in there, and all my strength to you..

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it’s been so tough BW..I really am.. Hopefully the Hodgkin’s can be kicked to the curb and you can focus all your energy to knocking out Leukaemia.. You are always in my thoughts bud..

You are a fighter no doubt..I’d admire how you keep the humour up in the funny picture thread..A doctor once told me it’s the best weapon you have to fight with..

Hang in there, and all my strength to you..
Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

Years ago, Steve Mortimer told me, ''sport is the great medicine.'' A little piece of wisdom. But, I also believe laughter and humour is a strong medicine too - especially in coping mentally.

Being able to get a laugh, even in the face of adversity, is helpful.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

Years ago, Steve Mortimer told me, ''sport is the great medicine.'' A little piece of wisdom. But, I also believe laughter and humour is a strong medicine too - especially in coping mentally.

Being able to get a laugh, even in the face of adversity, is helpful.
Absolutely brother..absolutely.. I love Turvey..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Bro sorry for the question, but did you have to have plasmathoresis pre chemo session?

Just asking as that's what they did for me (granted we have different crosses to bear).

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is your wife going @Dogmonster ?
Hey mate, she is trying to be ok, hasn't had treatment since mid December last year, hopefully by end of march she starts improving, chemo has affected her hair nails and teeth, as well as doing no favours to her gut, not eating properly. I feel bad trying to encourage her to get out of bed more, muscles have withered from lack of use. They still persist in wanting to do radiation for anything microscopic??? She has brain tumours and doesn't want it.
Thanks for reaching out, your a champion, wishing you all the very best brother.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey mate, she is trying to be ok, hasn't had treatment since mid December last year, hopefully by end of march she starts improving, chemo has affected her hair nails and teeth, as well as doing no favours to her gut, not eating properly. I feel bad trying to encourage her to get out of bed more, muscles have withered from lack of use. They still persist in wanting to do radiation for anything microscopic??? She has brain tumours and doesn't want it.
Thanks for reaching out, your a champion, wishing you all the very best brother.
I’m lost for words brother..I’ve tried to write something comforting four or five times..but no words seem good enough..all I can do is wish her the best…and you… All my strength to you guys..

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my wife passed i was contacted by a lot of friends ,2 special ones our kids came into the world about the same time, these 2 have driven 3.5 hour drives each way 5 times to support me when i was pretty low, she went to high school and was close to my wife and she's in a family of 4 girls all close to my wife. All but 1 had contacted me which i was a bit confused about because that's just not something this family would do , after the last visit she mentioned that her mum had bowel cancer for the second time and the sister i hadn't heard from was currently fighting breast cancer the second time yet it was my place they came to first on arriving ! friends like this are hard to come by and even though we've lived 3.5 hours apart for 30 plus years this friendship will always last.