The "R U OK ?" Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Overall, not too bad, thanks - except for the Chemo. It continues to get worse with each session, hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. I've just started losing hair, which I thought I'd escape. I had gone 4-5 months without losing any, but it started a week or two ago. Not rapidly at this stage, but head, face and other areas effected. Went to the barber this morning to get it cut shorter, without going overboard just yet. Might be investing heavily in a collection of baseball caps soon - :tearsofjoy:

But, I only have 5 weeks (3 sessions) of Chemo left, until the full course ends. Then, I shouldn't feel so bad, and any side-effects can start recovering. Hopefully that will be the end of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The Haematologist is still worried about the Leukemia, which has got down to, but plateaued out at 3% of cells still effected. He wants it at 0.1%. Says they can't change the current treatment, until I've done 12 months of it.

I've had to start getting blood transfusions again. Hopefully that can stop after the Chemo ends, as at the moment it's killing good cells as well as bad, leaving me quite weak and fatigued.
On the road to recovery mate. Glad to hear it. My sister is about halfway through her chemo and it's hitting her pretty hard at the moment. The 2 or 3 days after her treatment she can barely get out of bed.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On the road to recovery mate. Glad to hear it. My sister is about halfway through her chemo and it's hitting her pretty hard at the moment. The 2 or 3 days after her treatment she can barely get out of bed.
Thanks mate. My best wishes for your sister's recovery. The Chemo can get quite brutal. I'm much the same in the first few days - can barely drag myself out of bed. Don't even have the energy to spend time online some days, even though TK is a good distraction for me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All the best to her and she is in my prayers.

With all the bullshit I went through, after not being able to breathe, the fkn chemo was the worst experience.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Overall, not too bad, thanks - except for the Chemo. It continues to get worse with each session, hitting me faster, harder and lasting longer. I've just started losing hair, which I thought I'd escape. I had gone 4-5 months without losing any, but it started a week or two ago. Not rapidly at this stage, but head, face and other areas effected. Went to the barber this morning to get it cut shorter, without going overboard just yet. Might be investing heavily in a collection of baseball caps soon - :tearsofjoy:

But, I only have 5 weeks (3 sessions) of Chemo left, until the full course ends. Then, I shouldn't feel so bad, and any side-effects can start recovering. Hopefully that will be the end of the Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The Haematologist is still worried about the Leukemia, which has got down to, but plateaued out at 3% of cells still effected. He wants it at 0.1%. Says they can't change the current treatment, until I've done 12 months of it.

I've had to start getting blood transfusions again. Hopefully that can stop after the Chemo ends, as at the moment it's killing good cells as well as bad, leaving me quite weak and fatigued.
You will look back at this and say "I kicked your fkn arse!"

And I'll be next to you screaming "fkn oath you did!"

Then we will go to a bar and have a victory bottle of tequila each ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You will look back at this and say "I kicked your fkn arse!"

And I'll be next to you screaming "fkn oath you did!"

Then we will go to a bar and have a victory bottle of tequila each ;)
I hate tequila. Like, I really hate it. There's no tequila drink you could make that doesn't make me throw up purely by it existing.

That said, the Mrs was drinking these Watermelon cocktails last night that were a mix of Watermelon, Jalapeno infused Tequila, some other shit, and a glass rimmed with salt and chili. It tempted me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate tequila. Like, I really hate it. There's no tequila drink you could make that doesn't make me throw up purely by it existing.

That said, the Mrs was drinking these Watermelon cocktails last night that were a mix of Watermelon, Jalapeno infused Tequila, some other shit, and a glass rimmed with salt and chili. It tempted me.
I have never had tequila mixed.

I have a few 600US+ bottles that you might enjoy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to love tequila shots. Nowadays I can't get them at the bar so I don't drink it anymore.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I used to love tequila shots. Nowadays I can't get them at the bar so I don't drink it anymore.
People think I'm weird because I sip on tequila. It's my favourite drink.

I don't do that lime and salt crap either.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People think I'm weird because I sip on tequila. It's my favourite drink.

I don't do that lime and salt crap either.
The lemon and salt is supposed to be a method for getting the alcohol to absorb quicker. And I used to hit a certain point in most nights out and have 5-6 shots. I don't hate the taste, I quite enjoy it, but I'll drink scotch and coke for the bulk of the night. Tequila was my "kill the inhibiton" drink.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The lemon and salt is supposed to be a method for getting the alcohol to absorb quicker. And I used to hit a certain point in most nights out and have 5-6 shots. I don't hate the taste, I quite enjoy it, but I'll drink scotch and coke for the bulk of the night. Tequila was my "kill the inhibiton" drink.
It's weird that usually tequila fires most up when it just mellows me out.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sip it to savour the flavour! ;)

Screenshot_20230123_084548_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: