Rumour Brandon smith done deal

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did he go tonight? Judging from the comments, he didn't do too well.......

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did he go tonight? Judging from the comments, he didn't do too well.......
He’s done bro. Early days obviously but unless he’s very unfit/underdone he’s not going to be an elite hooker. This was my concern when we were rumoured to be interested. He can be an energetic bulldog (pardon the pun) but he simply doesn’t have the smarts to be a top no.9. I can see them playing Him off the bench either as hooker or lock.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He started shit and then laid on a lovely try that was pure hooker play. Still roosters were poor tonight. That said they had manu, keary, Angus and that tipouluta or whatever out off memory.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He started shit and then laid on a lovely try that was pure hooker play. Still roosters were poor tonight. That said they had manu, keary, Angus and that tipouluta or whatever out off memory.
Suaalii early HIA, Manu, Keary, Walker, JWH, Crichton, Tupouniua. It's also a trial and most of their team are big game players. Their right edge had a rookie half and 2 duds in Allan and Paulo. I still think they should of done better tonight but there are excuses there.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s done bro. Early days obviously but unless he’s very unfit/underdone he’s not going to be an elite hooker. This was my concern when we were rumoured to be interested. He can be an energetic bulldog (pardon the pun) but he simply doesn’t have the smarts to be a top no.9. I can see them playing Him off the bench either as hooker or lock.
I think that was everyone's concern. He doesn't seem to have the silky skills of a premier hooker. It's all about energy but I think the Storm system kind of hid his flaws.....

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of how Smith goes, I still think Mahoney is a much better fit for us and our current roster.

He's like another half out there! Smith has a unique ability to break open a game with a huge run and is an absolute terror in defence, but in my books he doesn't come close to Reed in organisation ability, vision, pass delivery, or kicking.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that was everyone's concern. He doesn't seem to have the silky skills of a premier hooker. It's all about energy but I think the Storm system kind of hid his flaws.....
Plus Brandon Smiths service is no where near Mahoney. Harbor bridge passes when he's fatigued...

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Cheese was 100 percent in talks with us. But Gus shut it down as soon as he signed on with us. We were desperate to land big names and were throwing money at everyone

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mahoney’s service, talk and vision is far more dynamic than the cheese - but Smith is prob better defensively, is quicker and more powerful. Mahoney, in general, is def the better hooker, we’ve done extremely well landing his signature.

On the topic of sleepy, he’s a good source, I believe he was accurate at the time, however, people don’t realise things change, players change their mind and similarly, the club can change theirs. He’s left the Kennel probably because the usual folk had a dummy spit. Completely understand we have a growing number of trolls, but he wasn’t one of them - the bloke predicted Dufty long before the announcement last year.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbishing Smith is wrong, he has always been a very good running hooker or lock but never been a natural organising hooker...Now let's see how much improvement Robinson will bring to this side of his game !!!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbishing Smith is wrong, he has always been a very good running hooker or lock but never been a natural organising hooker...Now let's see how much improvement Robinson will bring to this side of his game !!!
Agree.
Both players would have transformed us but both players wouldn't get us a premiership alone. So we still have work to do to find the rights halves and even other positions to get us there.

It's a work in progress but we lose nothing with Reed and probably would have lost nothing with cheese