Rumour Brandon smith done deal

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simple, in DWZ's case he moved back to live with his family. Just lucky that they lived in Warriors' Territory.

No, but the alternatives are worse.

That's why the 30 June deadline is in place.

He was on his own, no family and he lived in the Penrith share accommodation (that Nathan Cleary vacated) with 2 other players. He is currently looking at buying in the Shire, where a lot of Bulldogs players live, but property is not easy to come by and he has missed out on a few (my son's best friend is a real estate agent in the area).

Always a Bulldog
What about all of the other players that change clubs mid season that are going to cities where they don't have the luxury that DWZ did?

As you've pointed out, they get short term accommodation like TPJ did and sort out longer term accommodation after if they've signed a long term deal.. They're able to sort it out one way or another.

Mine is a simple argument. If players can move mid season with minimal time, they can move at the end of the season too.
The current system is bad for the game and the fans. It needs to to changed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What about all of the other players that change clubs mid season that are going to cities where they don't have the luxury that DWZ did?

As you've pointed out, they get short term accommodation like TPJ did and sort out longer term accommodation after if they've signed a long term deal.. They're able to sort it out one way or another.

Mine is a simple argument. If players can move mid season with minimal time, they can move at the end of the season too.
The current system is bad for the game and the fans. It needs to to changed.
I don't know the situations of "all of the other players" I can only refer to the ones that I do know. The Mozzies, didn't move when they changed teams, they have always lived in the Shire, same with Damian Cook. Vaughan hasn't moved either, nor has Dufty. Don't know about Burton, I understand that Mahony lives close enough to not have to move. That's about all I have.

While a player is "sorting it out one way or another" is exactly the problem. Whilst there is no doubt that were there is a will there is a way, but the RLPA has successfully mounted the argument that players need time to handle the myriad of things that can be involved in moving families what can sometimes be thousands of kilometres. They are not disputing that it can be done, just that there should be sufficient time to do it with the minimum of disruption to the players ability to play for their new team without distractions.

Make no mistake I'm no fan of the "current system", but the problem is the alternate systems have been proven to be even worse.

Always a Bulldog

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
an observation, one would think that Smith link up with fellow player JAC since he's been in Sydney and we would know about it since JAC is quite active on his social media accounts.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hate these people that say, I swear but that’s me, it’s who I am and I’ll always do it. How about use that thing between ur ears and not swear. Sure people do it depending on environment, pub etc. But carrying on in front of cameras is pathetic. Fine the idiot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hate these people that say, I swear but that’s me, it’s who I am and I’ll always do it. How about use that thing between ur ears and not swear. Sure people do it depending on environment, pub etc. But carrying on in front of cameras is pathetic. Fine the idiot
What the fuck cunt?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Now go wash ur mouth out u foul mouthed child u!!!! Would u talk that way at a family gathering?? That’s more my point
I'd say fuck lol. But yh, I get it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, now Pantsers have come out to officially make it known that contrary to Cheddars claims during the podcast, they were never interested in signing him, and never approached the manager.
No middle ground on this one, one of the parties are lying through their teeth.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But in the 2 truths argument (who do we believe) Penrith have no reason to not tell the truth. The other party and/or his manager …….…….. not so much.

Always a Bulldog
I'm more likely to believe Penrith but then again if they did put in a last minute EOI then they wouldn't want API or their other hooker knowing yet ... or other clubs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty obvious Penrith didn’t want it to be publicly known they’re looking at contingency plans for Koroisau.

Puppuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty obvious Penrith didn’t want it to be publicly known they’re looking at contingency plans for Koroisau.
nah lad, as Twin Turbo has said lol

I'm more likely to believe Penrith but then again if they did put in a last minute EOI then they wouldn't want API or their other hooker knowing yet ... or other clubs.
This.

Also - why would Smith lie? He knows he will be ripped apart if he starting making up clubs that were interested in him.

a few weeks ago when fletcher opened his mouth everyone here wanted to rip him, now they support his comments lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also - why would Smith lie? He knows he will be ripped apart if he starting making up clubs that were interested in him.
Why? Simple BSmith and/or his manager wanted to pump up his value as much as possible so the more clubs that they could say were interested in him the higher value they were likely to get. Plus if the reigning premiers are after him that's even more pumping.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why would Smith lie? He knows he will be ripped apart if he starting making up clubs that were interested in him.
More clubs what him, his price goes up. Also the Panthers are the Premiers. Dolphins are the new team & need players.

EDIT: He played the teams like a fiddle. He used the Dolphins etc. Also being in QLD, the media was watching players like hawks. He stuffs up it will get reported. Sydney media can hide some stuff ups.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
nah lad, as Twin Turbo has said lol

This.

a few weeks ago when fletcher opened his mouth everyone here wanted to rip him, now they support his comments lol
How would Panthers be able to afford him, Fam? Usually premiership winning clubs have to release sides....they don't often end up signing 800k players....unless they are the roosters. Possible Cheezel was telling the truth, but even if that was the case, what sort of goose publicly discloses confidential negotiations? Namaste.

Puppuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why? Simple BSmith and/or his manager wanted to pump up his value as much as possible so the more clubs that they could say were interested in him the higher value they were likely to get. Plus if the reigning premiers are after him that's eve more pumping.

Always a Bulldog
After he'd already signed for the roosters ? Seems counter productive. Or at least not needed once said value has been pumped up on and decided.