Rumour Brandon smith done deal

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHHA poor guy. Moral of the story, don’t write you can’t cash babyyyy
What made me laugh a few of us on here with legit sources were saying the opposite but for some reason, most of the kennel chose to listen to some blow in dud that used media bullshit as his "sources".

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
B. Smith is a passion merchant.

Skill, vision and amazing service he does not have
I get it you don’t like Smith, Robinson or the rorters.. I thought Robinson coached better than ever last year based on the injury run they had and half their FG team would walk into our side. But that’s just my opinion.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. James Tedesco - Just got married

2. Daniel Tupou - Old

3. Joseph Suaalii - Overhyped

4. Joseph Manu - Best player

5. Paul Momirovski - Shit

6. Luke Keary - One of the best halves but concussion concerns

7. Sam Walker - Still developing

8. Matt Lodge - Good prop but fuck him

9. Brandon Smith - Flop

10. Lindsay Collins - Career detailed by injury

11. Angus Crichton - Not playing this year

12. Sitili Tuiponiua - Decent attack, shocking defence

13. Victor Radley - Overrated and will be suspended

14. Connor Watson - Injured

15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - Old

16. Nat Butcher - Good

17. Egan Butcher - Good
You pretty much got most of those spot on. Especially Radley and Suaalii.. I like the Butcher brothers too, especially Egan.. I've been saying since last season that this Roosters side is very mediocre.

I think Smith is overrated and his ego has gotten too big but he'll still be an impactful player for them at times and win a couple of games with his running, tries and big hits.

His service is average though and he's often injured or suspended, so I'm very happy with Reed

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mahoney was the hooker the Chooks needed. They have enough strike, all they need is clean service from their 9 and Cheese certainly doesn’t offer that. They’d have been better off keeping Verrills imo, he’s extremely underrated.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You pretty much got most of those spot on. Especially Radley and Suaalii.. I like the Butcher brothers too, especially Egan.. I've been saying since last season that this Roosters side is very mediocre.
Does this qualify for mark my words thread.. :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does this qualify for mark my words thread.. :tearsofjoy:
Haha. I'm not worried that it will come back to haunt me. They aren't winning a premiership. They probably won't make the top 4. They'll likely be in the 5-8 range but I could see them missing the 8 i they get a few injuries as their depth is so bad that Corey Allan is next man up in the backline and their pack is weaker than it's been in years.

Now that I've said all of that they'll probably go undefeated and win the comp. :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. I'm not worried that it will come back to haunt me. They aren't winning a premiership. They probably won't make the top 4. They'll likely be in the 5-8 range but I could see them missing the 8 i they get a few injuries as their depth is so bad that Corey Allan is next man up in the backline and their pack is weaker than it's been in years.

Now that I've said all of that they'll probably go undefeated and win the comp. :tearsofjoy:
I 100% agree with you mate that they are thin as for depth, thats why I said if they are all fit. The only real issue I see is still relying on just JWH to carry the go forward as he is still brutal, but getting older..

Fuck the chooks though, I hope we fuckin smack them.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop sitting on the fence, you will get splinters in your arse. Mahoney > Smith
I'm not fence sitting...
I've stated that both players would have added new dimension to our team.

I think the jury is still out as to whether one would have been better than the other. Mahoney is definitely smarter but Cheese is more versatile and plays full of energy.

I personally thought Cheese was the better target and better fit for us last year, coz we lacked energy and speed in the forwards. But Mahoney may in fact be the better fit since we don't have good halfback and Burton hasn't figured out how to be a dominant half yet.

So Mahoney may in fact be more influential but I'll have to watch afew NRL games to decide

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not fence sitting...
I've stated that both players would have added new dimension to our team.

I think the jury is still out as to whether one would have been better than the other. Mahoney is definitely smarter but Cheese is more versatile and plays full of energy.

I personally thought Cheese was the better target and better fit for us last year, coz we lacked energy and speed in the forwards. But Mahoney may in fact be the better fit since we don't have good halfback and Burton hasn't figured out how to be a dominant half yet.

So Mahoney may in fact be more influential but I'll have to watch afew NRL games to decide
Mahoney wears headgear so he is superior

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are forgetting that they have the most overrated coach in the nrl. He got carried by Fitzgibbon and he has had stacked teams of talent his whole career thanks to Nick Politis. The past two years have really shown him out
Are you deluded?
They haven't missed finals....
2 years ago he took one of the most injury savaged teams to within 1 or 2 games from a GF.

Every year they are there and contenders at that. He has the benefit of great rosters but he can certainly coach

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad this was nothing but a rumour. Smith looks horrible. Not fit enough to play 80min a hooker. Service is poor. Reminds me of Lichaa who could never pass accurately off the ground. Lazy defender. He can put a big hit on but he’s generally lazy. Mahoney is a lot better!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I get it you don’t like Smith, Robinson or the rorters.. I thought Robinson coached better than ever last year based on the injury run they had and half their FG team would walk into our side. But that’s just my opinion.
I don’t give Robinson a free pass on the injuries, he works his players too hard for too long and doesn’t give them time to freshen up after rep duties and before finals. He has zero respect for the older players that don‘t need to be flogged mercilessly before and during the season. He often plays injured players because he knows the Chooks back ups are not in the same league as their top 17.

Always a Bulldog