Social Media Luke Keary

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I get a good feeling about this kid, no one spends 500K on a transfer fee for an 18yo unless there was some very serious upside to what he can offer the club. Let’s hope he’s turns out to be a special talent
captain of school boys and smashing men at training is not a bad start. Obviously has alot to learn but seems promising, reminds me of the early suuali posts where he was dominating in defence at his young age

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have tried to sign Keary while he was in the junior grades at Souths and Reynolds and Sutton were starting halves... too much mileage, too much damage on Keary now... the Tigers have ruined Brooks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should have tried to sign Keary while he was in the junior grades at Souths and Reynolds and Sutton were starting halves... too much mileage, too much damage on Keary now... the Tigers have ruined Brooks
I see Keary as a similar signing to Kimmorley back in 2009. If available tho it would depend on when the club think Oloapu will be ready.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing any of them would be a shit decision like signing a 33 yr old bloke. The club is building to a good future and they sign someone from the past! No way keary or brooks would add anything also.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Keary as a similar signing to Kimmorley back in 2009. If available tho it would depend on when the club think Oloapu will be ready.
We would probably find ourselves in the same situation with Kimmorley though by having to tap him on the shoulder after two years

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And don't think you are getting rid of me if they make another huge mistake and get rid of Kyle. I am a natural when it comes to reinventing myself, baby!
There will be no more terrible players left for you to reinvent yourself into. Okunbor and Waddel aren't getting re-signed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We would probably find ourselves in the same situation with Kimmorley though by having to tap him on the shoulder after two years
It would be a 2-3 year contract to finish his career (at least with us).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There will be no more terrible players left for you to reinvent yourself into. Okunbor and Waddel aren't getting re-signed.
Lol this place found players to bag out when we were winning minor premierships/ finishing top four and making grand finals. There will always be someone.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh okay, wow. Had no idea that actually happened.
my memory maybe failing me but Hodkinson had a breakout year in 2010 for Manly and we offered considerably more than Manly and they had DCE and Kimmorley was 34 years old in 2010 and retired at the end of that season

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol this place found players to bag out when we were winning minor premierships/ finishing top four and making grand finals. There will always be someone.
That was only Marley and his hate for Reynolds and Kasiano.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That was only Marley and his hate for Reynolds and Kasiano.
No it wasn’t…. There were large factions of people hating on a variety of players… Reynolds, Hodko, Inu, Perrett, Mick Ennis, Idris… just to name a few. Kasyy it who copped a lot too, post 2012.

This place has always been savage, winning or losing. People have short memories.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I get a good feeling about this kid, no one spends 500K on a transfer fee for an 18yo unless there was some very serious upside to what he can offer the club. Let’s hope he’s turns out to be a special talent
It's funny.... if this was pre-Gus I'd be calling it a dud signing.

Don Gustavo paying 500k must know what he's doing.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So are our club's top four hopes if we sign a bloke who is one head knock away from retirement or Brooks. And people have blind faith in Gus....he's overpaying for Penrith off cuts, shopping for has beens and never will be's and people think he's some sort of magician ROFLMAO
I reluctantly agree with the gun on this one.